Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    If i buy a Seidio 2600 on Ebay, how do i know if the back cover i am getting is the new one?
    Just got my new cover today. Looks pretty good and I did not see any flash wash out.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Very nice of you to look into this for me.

PM Sent.

Dave
    Just got my replacement door as well. The difference is *very* subtle; the replacement is a hair thinner than the original Seidio door, which I guess will make it easier for the flash to disperse beyond the case. (In the photo, the new one is on the left). {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Dave,

I would say it took about a week
    Would
    http://store.precentral.net/palm-tou...4A195A5648.htm
    be compatible with the Seidio 2600?

If so, that'd be great for when I get a Touchstone eventually.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hello, We are currently accepting all claims for customers who wish to replace their original battery door with the revised version. Please send your name, address, email, and order information to the email in my sig!

We do not sell the door by itself, but if you are having trouble with your original door, please PM me with your concern and order information and we will see what we can do for you!
    very good job ,i really appreciate that.hope to receive new one.
    Just got my cover. Works great so far.
    Hmm... That's interesting... I wonder if it's Touchstone compatible...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiggitay View Post
    Hmm... That's interesting... I wonder if it's Touchstone compatible...
    It's not and (by siedio's own words) will never be.
    Just got mine yesterday the flash works great with the new cover

Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by KallDrexx View Post
    It's not and (by siedio's own words) will never be.
    Oh well... Hey so my Amzer 2800 is due to arrive with today's mail... It'll be interesting to see how it performs... though I might turn around and send it back for a refund to get the Seidio 2600, since it's cheaper...
    Has anyone bench tested the 2600 with pandora over evdo? Prethinking did tests on all the amzer ones. The 2800 ran for 14 hours 49 minutes compared to the 6 hours and 56 minutes of the stock battery. I'd be curious to know the results for the 2600 though I'm assuming it would be about the same. Oh and any news on the homemade touchstone back cover for the 2600?
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Has anyone bench tested the 2600 with pandora over evdo? Prethinking did tests on all the amzer ones. The 2800 ran for 14 hours 49 minutes compared to the 6 hours and 56 minutes of the stock battery. I'd be curious to know the results for the 2600 though I'm assuming it would be about the same. Oh and any news on the homemade touchstone back cover for the 2600?
    Whoa. That's awesome. I'm awaiting an Amzer 2800 mAH in the mail... I do listen to a lot of online streaming audio, so if it lasts that long that'd ROCK.

...Wait wait... homemade touchstone cover? Whoa. Someone's gotta make one for the Amzer 2800! DO IT NAO! lol.
    I forgot to ask how can I tell if I got the old or new back cover ordering it from someone other than seidio. I'm assuming I can get it cheaper elsewhere. Anyone know who has the best deal? I couldn't find it on amazon.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I forgot to ask how can I tell if I got the old or new back cover ordering it from someone other than seidio. I'm assuming I can get it cheaper elsewhere. Anyone know who has the best deal? I couldn't find it on amazon.
    The new door has two holes, one for the camera and one for the flash. The old cover just has one opening.
    My Amzer is here! It's charging! It came with 48% charge, and I set it charging, and now it's at 63%! I shall do some field testing and report back.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiggitay View Post
    My Amzer is here! It's charging! It came with 48% charge, and I set it charging, and now it's at 63%! I shall do some field testing and report back.
    It will still be fun for you to talk about how great it is, but it is smarter to give it about 4 complete charges (and wearing it down) before field testing and reporting.

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by DKatman View Post
    It will still be fun for you to talk about how great it is, but it is smarter to give it about 4 complete charges (and wearing it down) before field testing and reporting.

Dave
    Indeed. That's what I had planned on doing. That should take like a week then since I expect each charge to last about a day or so.

Dave, do you have a 2600? I hear that the capacity is similar on that.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Yes. I have been extremely happy with the Seidio 2600. I was seriously considering your battery. Actually, come to think of it, I really did decide on the Seidio because I knew they were also working on a touchstone back (that is now not going to happen). I don't regret my decision though. I like the soft touchstone like feel to the back cover. I appreciate their responsiveness to customers. I have been very happy with the battery life extension I have been given. I also know I have a LONG time left if I have my battery at 50%. That is a normal days usage without playing with all of the features.

It also allows me to play a lot of Word Ace at night without being tied to a charger. I do think that app takes a bit of battery life. It isn't nearly as noticeable with the extended battery.

Dave