Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hello,

First of all, thank you all very much for your continous support of Seidio! It is customers and people like you that drive us to provide innovative and quality products!

After months of discussion and researching, we have decided to stop looking into the possiblity of producing a Touchstone compatible Innocell 2600mAh Extended Life Battery.

Here at Seidio, we take pride in recognizing every customer comment by heart and taking every suggestions seriously. Efforts were placed into this and we will not bore you all with the details. But at the end of the day, it was not feasible for Seidio to pursue this possibility any further.

Hope this clears up a few points. Thank you all once again, and please let us know if you have any other questions or comments.
    I am guessing Palm patents are preventing this from happening. Seems logical.

Any chance you guys are looking to make an extended battery between the 1350 and 2600? Maybe like a 1900 or 2000? It would still require a new door but would be slimmer than the 2600.

Just a thought. Thanks.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Oh cmon! How hard can it be to engineer a battery back with magnets and a wire coil with leads that attach to the touchstone back leads on the Pre? The leads could be long enuff that once the user attaches them manually, you coil up the rest of the leads and snap the battery back on. Not like there isn't plenty of room for that under the extended battery cover....
    I bought a 2600 battery without the Touchstone door, and am quite content with it as is. To my mind the large capacity of the 2600 eliminates the need for the Touchstone for me, and I'd expect for most users. Someone in an unusual situation might need the Touchstone of course, and certainly the announcement will disappoint them.

Kudos to Seidio for making this announcement rather than just leaving customers in the dark about it!
    Mike B in OKlahoma

Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre

Well thanks for letting us know about the door......

I am disappointed though, I only bought the battery because there was a door in the works......
    Will you still purchase Seidio's battery now that they've abandoned Touchstone compatibility?

Vote in this Poll!
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    Oh cmon! How hard can it be to engineer a battery back with magnets and a wire coil with leads that attach to the touchstone back leads on the Pre? The leads could be long enuff that once the user attaches them manually, you coil up the rest of the leads and snap the battery back on. Not like there isn't plenty of room for that under the extended battery cover....
    Let us know when you have a prototype ready.
    Time to take this into our own hands guys.

Let's try a transplant from the Palm Touchstone door to the Seido extended door.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Time to take this into our own hands guys.

Let's try a transplant from the Palm Touchstone door to the Seido extended door.
    Nick, that is a good idea. I would try it in a heartbeat if I had an extra TS back cover to sacrifice, and the extended battery of course. I had been holding off until news of the TS compatible cover. I definitely won't buy the extended battery now until I know I can make it TS compatible.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post

Any chance you guys are looking to make an extended battery between the 1350 and 2600? Maybe like a 1900 or 2000? It would still require a new door but would be slimmer than the 2600.

Just a thought. Thanks.
    I'd buy 2000 mah battery if it only added 2mm thickness and the door is rounded like factory cover. I don't like the curve on the 2600 door, it looks kinda square.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hello,

First of all, thank you all very much for your continous support of Seidio! It is customers and people like you that drive us to provide innovative and quality products!

After months of discussion and researching, we have decided to stop looking into the possiblity of producing a Touchstone compatible Innocell 2600mAh Extended Life Battery.

Here at Seidio, we take pride in recognizing every customer comment by heart and taking every suggestions seriously. Efforts were placed into this and we will not bore you all with the details. But at the end of the day, it was not feasible for Seidio to pursue this possibility any further.

Hope this clears up a few points. Thank you all once again, and please let us know if you have any other questions or comments.
    I cant speak for anyone else, but this certainly eliminates any possibility of my buying a Seidio extended battery. The Touchstone is too convenient to give up. Bad move.
    I actually like the rounded and larger back with the 2600 mAh battery; I recently switched back to my original battery to see the difference (whoa, that's a lot less battery life!), and my thinner Pre felt unstable in my (admittedly large) hand. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Can someone please post a detailed picture of the inside of the new Seidio back cover?

I'm thinking of modding it to be compatible with the Touchstone. And well, there has not been one single picture of the inside of the cover. I want to know if a mod is even feasible with their cover.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by rasputindl View Post
    Can someone please post a detailed picture of the inside of the new Seidio back cover?

I'm thinking of modding it to be compatible with the Touchstone. And well, there has not been one single picture of the inside of the cover. I want to know if a mod is even feasible with their cover.

Thanks.
    Just in case you missed it in the other thread...

Thanks Manny for the pic, I did catch it in your other thread first

For those people who have the Touchstone back and decided to get this battery:
    How is the difference in thickness of the cover between the Touchstone back and the Seidio back?
    Does the Seidio back fit snug against the extended battery? Is there any room for play between them?
    Havent read the whole thread, is it pretty much unanimous that these batteries actually extend the life?
    Yes, by a much noticeable difference.
    Taking the plunge. I work outside on the weekends with no opportunity to charge the phone. It wasn't making it through the day. I was tempted by the Amzer 3800 and 2800. But Seidio has shown itself to be very responsive to it's customers on this forum. I just ordered my Seidio today and can't wait for it.
    wheres the cheapest place to order this from?
    amazon.com $50
    FYI, I just got an email from Siedio that my replacement cover has shipped, including tracking number and everything.

*edit* my bad didn't notice someone already posted that they got theirs.
    Last edited by KallDrexx; 09/11/2009 at 03:07 PM.