Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
    Sent my request in.....got no reply that it was received. It was my pictures that you saw on this thread that proved that the door was bad. I sent you all a PM on here plus to Seidio customer support....no reply from you.....Thanks
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Great! looking Forward to the new backing with the issue resolved
    SEIDIO I got an email today that says Replacment Door but its a blank email. whats that all about. Anyone else get it.
    I got the email and it says the new door should be shipping out in the next few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hello All,

Thank you for your continued patience and interest in our products. We want to make a clarification statement that some of you may have gotten from the Live Chat Customer Service Department. We will be receiving a few doors for testing this week, and depending test results, we will be shipping out the revised door in the order that they were received shortly after.

Hope this information helped, and please let us know if you have any other questions.
    Seidio,

What exactly requires clarification that Live support has stated?

Is it this?

Quote Originally Posted by thedonk13 View Post
    Wonderful great news everybody! For those of us who have been patiently waiting for this flashy issue to be resolved, I have come with news from Seidio directly (their chat people anyway).

Quote - Seidio: Hello thank you for your inquiry. We have resolved the flash issues that our customers were experiencing with the 2600mAh battery and door. All new orders will have the revised door included in them.

The new backs are shipping now with new orders, and I am sure they will honor the lil promise they made for those who bought them back in the day.

A little update on the TouchStone door as well:

derek : Thank you, do you have any timeline for a compatible TouchStone door?
    Seidio: Unfortunately we haven't got an ETA for our Touchstone compatible battery door
    derek : That is fine. Will Seidio be offering any discount to those who order this extended battery when the TS door is available?
    Seidio: We don�t know what our exact replacement process will be at this time but we will have a special policy in place for customers that have got the older battery door.

There you go people, straight from their chat window. They have the new door with flash issues resolved (supposedly since they couldn't replicate them) and we will have a special policy for the TS door too!

Ii'm ordering now since they got free shipping going on.
    If so, are you trying to clarify that current customers will not receive some kind of 'special' discount once the touch stone compatible door is released?
    Thanks, for some reason mine was a blank email. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by aparigraba View Post
    I got the email and it says the new door should be shipping out in the next few weeks.
    Got my Battery from Amazon on Monday. $49.10, no tax, $0 shipping. Lovin' it!
    Well I hope they give a good discount on the Touchstone door, I just ordered my battery from amazon.
    Lots of people seem to have bought this battery from Amazon.com, they are saying they have only one left (though more are on the way....).

Amazon.com: Seidio Innocell Battery for Palm Pre (Black): Cell Phones & Service
    Mike B in OKlahoma

Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre

Well unfortunately after my praise for this battery I am now having a major problem with it.

The first 2 weeks or so the battery life was fantastic, I did the full initial charge and conditioned it and it was lasting almost 3 days with average use.

Unfortunately now the battery life is almost the same as my original pre battery. I took it off the charger at 8 this morning, and at 10, even though I had not used it at all it was at 88%. I made one 5 minutes call and now it is at 74%. This has been happening for a few days now, and there is nothing different about my phone at all, the battery is just draining very fast. I am going to put the original pre battery in tomorrow and compare.
    Quote Originally Posted by mourningshadow
    Well unfortunately after my praise for this battery I am now having a major problem with it.

The first 2 weeks or so the battery life was fantastic, I did the full initial charge and conditioned it and it was lasting almost 3 days with average use.

Unfortunately now the battery life is almost the same as my original pre battery. I took it off the charger at 8 this morning, and at 10, even though I had not used it at all it was at 88%. I made one 5 minutes call and now it is at 74%. This has been happening for a few days now, and there is nothing different about my phone at all, the battery is just draining very fast. I am going to put the original pre battery in tomorrow and compare.
    Hello,

Please keep us updated about your battery. We have not had much reports about battery issues, but if it continues to lose the ability to hold its charges, forward us your order information and we will be more than happy to see what we can do for you!
    Hey, very cool of you guys to monitor the forums and help put like that, not many companies would do that.

I will let you know what happens, not sure why this is happening, I'm pretty sure I have not changed any settings on my phone but just in case I will check to see if my palm battery is draining too quickly too tomorrow.
    I've got the 1350 battery on order..should be here tomorrow...but when they make the 2600 touchstone compatible..Im in.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I have been pretty happy with this battery (2600). The first two days, it seemed like it easily made it through the whole day with a charge, whereas I was recharging the OEM battery halfway through the day (I also get bad reception at work so it drains quickly). I was working each day to try to get the battery lower by the end of the night.

My third day was a Saturday. The phone seemed like it wasn't even using the battery to operate. I had to have gone about 8+ hours on 100% battery. On the prevous days, I was getting about 3 hours on 100%. I was (am) convinced that the meter wasn't gauging properly and it might have been treating 1150 as 100% full. I think I ended the night somewhere around 84% or so. I figured I would let that be the first night of not charging my phone over night. And I was at a fair that day, texting, calling, and using the camera (as well as viewing them and showing them. I was also assigning some of the pics to contacts. It was a light email day for me, but I was definitely using the device. I am sure I played Word ACE for a little while too. I used the phone as I normally would all day Sunday too. The battery was really holding up Sunday well too. It was draining at a normal (but strong) rate. I know I played Word Ace for at least an hour. It was still holding strong over 50% in the evening. I also searched the forums and realized I had to do something to drain the battery more fully so that the meter would properly gauge how much power is left. I started just trying to run stuff to drain the battery. I turned up the screen to the max brightness. I was playing videos. I was playing youtube video. I ran pandora. I was just trying to get this battery to die out. I only ended up getting it down to about 19-20% (Had the notice come up) just about midnight on Sunday night. I figured I could work to drain it 100% another time. I went ahead and charged it.

It does seem to run the meter more honestly now. I may still need to drain it completely. I have had it off the charger around 4 hours now (and I am at work that constantly hunts for service) and it says 87% (Friday, it would have still said 100%). I do imagine it will hold 50-47% longer than last week though.

Oh, and as a side note: I do get a glare (like halo) in the bottom left corner of the picture when I use the flash in the dark. So I didn't get the updated back cover.

I opted to order directly from Seidio so there wouldn't be any issues with my order number and I could get the extended case also. It may be paranoid, but I thought it would be easier getting the replacement by ordering directly from them. I don't know if they will say to take it up with Amazon, if that is where you purchased it from.

I like the look of the device with the standard battery a little more, but the feel of the device is way better to me with the extended case (And I don't mean the piano to the soft rubber, although that is also nice). It feels more comfortable holding it to my ear as a phone. It feels great to hold and type. I just love the feel. It does take away from the design they were going for though. I would totally buy this again.

I will ask about the newly designed back, but I would be willing to just wait and pay a difference for the touchstone back, when ready.

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by mourningshadow View Post

Same problem here, before it would last from 8AM till 11pm with heavy usage and now, midway thru the day I have 42% with light usage.
    Quote Originally Posted by mourningshadow View Post

Same problem here, before it would last from 8AM till 11pm with heavy usage and at the end of the day I would be at 62% or so, now, midway thru the day I have 42% with light usage. Around 4pm.
    This battery more than payed for itself yesterday. I've had this battery for quite a few weeks now and it's still working like a charm. Yesterday I was stuck in airports for way too many hours due to delays, plus plane rides (used music on it).

Took it off the charger at 9am. Had minor usage, but very very bad signal area (kept going from roaming, no signal, to evdo no bars). At 1:30pm I got to the airport and started listening to music and doing a lot of web browsing (due to trying to find information of the flight delays and boredom). Music kept going all the time except for landing/taking off on the planes. I made about 45 minutes of phone calls as well. I finally arrived home at 10:00pm with 28% battery left.

At no point did I get worried about battery life, and it felt great to not have to baby it or have to even think that my battery may run out, or needing to find an outlet to charge it on. I'll never go back to the stock battery
    Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    I ordered the 2600 mAh battery and horizontal leather extended case directly from Seidio. I expect them tomorrow, and I can't wait. The extended batteries have been great for all my Blackberrys and I'm looking foreward to having a Pre that will last all day! Thanks, Seidio for paying attention to these forums and reponding to your customers. I feel better spending my money with a company that I feel will listen to me as a consumer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schufly View Post
    I ordered the 2600 mAh battery and horizontal leather extended case directly from Seidio. I expect them tomorrow, and I can't wait. The extended batteries have been great for all my Blackberrys and I'm looking foreward to having a Pre that will last all day! Thanks, Seidio for paying attention to these forums and reponding to your customers. I feel better spending my money with a company that I feel will listen to me as a consumer.
    You won't be disappointed. If you haven't done so, read my review further down in this forum.

I spend a huge amount of time in a roaming area today, surfed the net using wifi there, and had a pretty busy texting/calling day, and I am still at 55% right now. Absolutely love this combo! Can't wait for more new cool apps to come out for this phone so I can put all that extra battery power to some good use!
    Ok I did a test yesterday...I had one Pre with the original battery...one with the extended...opened 17 windows up on each one (both started at 100%) ...including my tether, the music player and camera. I started at 6:50pm and at 10;15 pm the Pre with the original battery died and the extended battery Pre still had 45%. I went to sleep at that point, but I am sure the extended battery would have gotten at least 2 more hours running all 17 applications. As for the case, I got one at Wal-Mart...4.95. It fits perfect, and is of a thick nylon material, I am sure I can slam it to the ground and it will still survive. It was originally for a small digital camera, so I recommend looking around and you will find one that fits and save yourself some money and get longer lasting material than leather. I hope Palm does some more tweaks on the phone to help improve battery life, because only 3 hours on their battery with heavy usage and a couple of more with the extended battery is pathetic.