Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
    I got mine last weekend and I have taken a lot of pictures with flash and have not had one single problem. Not sure what the old back looked like so can't really tell if its new or not, I just know it works.

As for the extra bulk, at first I thought it was too big but I got used to it real fast, and it still fits in my belt case and I actually prefer the thicker back for texting, makes it feel more sturdy.

Oh and as another positive, once I put the Seidio back on it my oreo effect went away.
    Well I believe tonight will be my 4th charge and it's doing very well. Now that I have more juice, I got bolder. I brightened the screen back up, changed the screen off time to 3 minutes, turned on all location services (had background collection off before), and had the google maps going all day in addition to 4 or 5 other apps. And will all that, I made and recieved several calls, some pretty long, and surfed quite a bit all day. I still came home with just under 60% charge which can easily take me till almost midnight

Also I noticed a nice added benefit of the bulky cover, hardly any heat transfer. With the old cover the back would get pretty hot depending on what I was doing. Now I don't feel a thing most of the time. When it should be hot, it now feels slightly warm.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    How bad (or manageable) is this thing when carrying in your front pocket? Anyone doing this?

I'm one of those who just won't use a clip or holster anymore even though I have a half dozen holsters laying around the house somewhere left over from several Treo iterations.

It's going in my pocket or it's not going anywhere. How does the size affect a front pocket carry? Does the softer back cover cause more friction when you're trying to remove the Pre from your pocket and thus make it more difficult to get it out?

TIA
    Sedio is there any word on when the new backs will be available?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Sedio is there any word on when the new backs will be available?
    Good question, that's exactly what i want to know and come here looking for an answer time and time again
    I am going to post my detailed review of this battery and the Seidio horizontal leather case later this evening.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ^^^^

You are a tease!!!

OK. I can't wait. I have to just go order both. I still thing you could have given a little teaser whether we should expect negative or positive.

But I think I really need the assurance of the battery, and they have come online and said they would replace the Back without any charge.

I still eagerly await your review.

Dave
    I upgraded from a Treo 755p. I noticed it was running on EVDO Rev 0. I went into my pre dial pad, typed ##EVDO# (##3836#) and changed the EVDO radio from Hybrid Rev A to Hybrid Rev 0. When I was running on Rev A my battery would be dead about 6pm. After I made the change my battery was about 50% at 6pm. I would be curious if any else experiences similar results?
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeks1958 View Post
    How bad (or manageable) is this thing when carrying in your front pocket? Anyone doing this?

I'm one of those who just won't use a clip or holster anymore even though I have a half dozen holsters laying around the house somewhere left over from several Treo iterations.

It's going in my pocket or it's not going anywhere. How does the size affect a front pocket carry? Does the softer back cover cause more friction when you're trying to remove the Pre from your pocket and thus make it more difficult to get it out?

TIA
    I carry mine in my front pocket and have no issues. I wear rather loose fitting jeans though so that might be a factor.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by DKatman View Post
    ^^^^

You are a tease!!!

OK. I can't wait. I have to just go order both. I still thing you could have given a little teaser whether we should expect negative or positive.

But I think I really need the assurance of the battery, and they have come online and said they would replace the Back without any charge.

I still eagerly await your review.

Dave
    Hi Dave....

Sorry, I don't mean to be a tease. I just wanted a whole week with it trying different things with it so I can give a clear opinion of it. Work piled up today which is why it's going to be fairly late tonight until I can finally post it. I am planning to include pictures so it will take a bit to write it all up and make it look pretty
    Ok, my little review is up!

Hmm...weird...can't link to it....either way it's in this forum.
    Last edited by MannyZ28; 08/21/2009 at 11:53 PM.
    Well, how much longer do we have to wait seidio?
    Manny's review is at:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ther-case.html

{ProfJonathan}
    Last edited by ProfJonathan; 08/25/2009 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Fixed URL link
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Hello All,

Thank you all for your interest! We are almost done with the tooling for the new back should have an update for you by the end of the week. Those of you that in need of a new battery door, please send the following to the email in my sig:

Email Subject Line: Pre 2600 Battery Door
    Your Name
    Order Number
    Ship to Address

Hope this helps, please let us know if you have any other questions.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Thanks for the update. I had considered waiting, but went ahead and ordered this along with the carrying case last Friday.

Do you also have similar news about a touchstone back for this? Is there any possibility of a discount on that, instead of having you ship out a free back at your expense, only for me to turn around and possibly buy the Touchstone back once that is completed? That is, even if I decide to go the touchstone route after getting this larger battery.

Dave
    Wonderful great news everybody! For those of us who have been patiently waiting for this flashy issue to be resolved, I have come with news from Seidio directly (their chat people anyway).

Quote - Seidio: Hello thank you for your inquiry. We have resolved the flash issues that our customers were experiencing with the 2600mAh battery and door. All new orders will have the revised door included in them.

The new backs are shipping now with new orders, and I am sure they will honor the lil promise they made for those who bought them back in the day.

A little update on the TouchStone door as well:

derek : Thank you, do you have any timeline for a compatible TouchStone door?
    Seidio: Unfortunately we haven't got an ETA for our Touchstone compatible battery door
    derek : That is fine. Will Seidio be offering any discount to those who order this extended battery when the TS door is available?
    Seidio: We don�t know what our exact replacement process will be at this time but we will have a special policy in place for customers that have got the older battery door.

There you go people, straight from their chat window. They have the new door with flash issues resolved (supposedly since they couldn't replicate them) and we will have a special policy for the TS door too!

Ii'm ordering now since they got free shipping going on.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ^^^^

If so, then I may be the first to get it. My Stuff shipped out on Monday.

or else you got the last one with the bad door?
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    But my glass is half full.

However, if they knew they had the new ones coming right in, I would still imagine they would hold the shipment a day (I actually thought it would have shipped on Friday) to put the new one in. Of course, we are talking about it a lot here. I have no idea if they think this affects a LARGE percentage of their purchasers.

Dave
    Hello All,

Thank you for your continued patience and interest in our products. We want to make a clarification statement that some of you may have gotten from the Live Chat Customer Service Department. We will be receiving a few doors for testing this week, and depending test results, we will be shipping out the revised door in the order that they were received shortly after.

Hope this information helped, and please let us know if you have any other questions.