Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    Well, I got my battery in today, and I've got mixed feelings on it. While I know it does double the battery life of the device, it also makes the normally sexy pre look and feel like a cross between a hockey puck and a bar of soap. Anyone have a touchstone they'd like to trade?
  2.    #402  
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentR View Post
    Well, I got my battery in today, and I've got mixed feelings on it. While I know it does double the battery life of the device, it also makes the normally sexy pre look and feel like a cross between a hockey puck and a bar of soap. Anyone have a touchstone they'd like to trade?
    Seems to me that many who have ordered say it makes it feel more stable and solid...not feeling the same I see.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznicktwit View Post
    Seems to me that many who have ordered say it makes it feel more stable and solid...not feeling the same I see.
    I think he is more concerned about how the Pre lands up looking after putting that battery in, and less how much battery life he has to play with.
    I have no problem with the extra size of the PRE with the 2600 battery, Its easier to hold and looks fine but I still prefer the slimmer look i think, again I have no issue with the 1/4 of an inch increase. it really is not bad at all. . I went back to the 1400 battery ( I get a full day on it) and use the 2600 when I am going to be out for a full day with no chance of being near my car charger etc. OR if I am going to use something like pandfora for more than 1 hour. Nice to have the option of both battery. Would have loved a battery in the middle , say 1700 that fit into the OEM door.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 08/15/2009 at 12:07 AM.
    Finally got my Seidio 2600 mah!

Well the results so far for me has been very good. I charged it overnight (first charge). Took it off the charger at 8.15am or so and it's now 12.39am (>16 hours) and it's still at 67%!

I made several calls during the day with one as long as 1.5 hours! I deliberately left 3-5 apps (including the web) running at all times with GPS on. The battery symbol was on green till around 2.00pm or so. And according to the instructions, the performance will improve after 5-6 charges!! I will surely recommed this battery to anyone who wants much better performance. And for me, another plus was the new width of the phone. It feels better in my hand and typing is even easier!
    Got my Seidio 2600 yesterday. Was happy with the back and the look. Frankly better than I had expected. Charged it for ten hours overnight. Turned the Pre on at 7:30 this morning with 100% power. Checked my email a few times today. No calls or text messages. Four hours later I'm at 58% charge. Not good! My smaller batteries do better than that. I'll cycle it through a few charges but so far am not satisfied.
  7.    #407  
    So my girlfriend bought me a touchstone for my bday yesterday and now I see why all of you are crying about the extended batteries not working with it. I haven't bought the new battery yet but will not do so until they make a compatible one. Amazed at how much more convienent the stone is verses playing with that crappy charger door on the Pre. Awsome product. It's a shame they cost so much cause I'd like 3 but can't intelligently decide to spend $150 to charge my $200 phone.
    Figured I'd post an update, feeling a bit better about the battery once I've gotten used to the size a bit. Today was my first day with the new battery, took the phone off the charger at 9am, used it normally all day (which would usually kill the original battery a bit after noon) and still had 34% here at 10pm. As long as I don't think about how the phone looked before and how it no longer fits the case I got for it, I'm pretty happy. It does give you a slight bit more to hold onto, which I do think makes typing a bit easier. Now to just find a case that fits it.
    Day 3 of my 2600 battery, and I love the battery life, up from 9 hours on the OEM battery to 32 hours with the bigboy. I am not thrilled with the size but can live with it, as it is essentially the size of my Treo700p.

Now someone make a searchable calendar with usable month view!!
    Actually posting this on my pre after 12 hour of pretty heavy use and I am currently at 72% and this is day one. Charged overnight and took it off at 6 this morning. Used for over an hour straight web browsing and it only went down 10%. Not thrilled with the look but I actually do like the feel better for typing.
    After alot of days of it staying at 100 for the first couple of hours, now I am at 88% after an hour...will do some tests with my wifes phone..she also has the extended battery to see if mine is going bad.
    Ok, so yesterday was my first day with the battery, I took it off the charger at 6am like I said in my above post. used it a lot throughout the day and really wanted to drain the battery before bed so I could do a conditioning charge. At 830pm it was at 52% so I put on Pandora and used My Tether to keep the screen on at full brightness It took over 4 hours to drain the battery from 52% to 8% which is where I said "Good enough I need to get to sleep"

Very impressed with this battery and do hope it stays this good. This morning it stayed at 100% for about 3 hours and I checked email and twitter and made a call.
    OK---after my initial panic over a short charge time on the 2600, I came back for day two and now day three with it and each has been better. Day two it lasted all day (with some TLC) and still had about 20% charge remaining when I put it on the charger and went to bed. Today I'm back to running Pandora on it and it's doing well. About 40% and it's 5PM ready to head home.

And as for the added bulk, my large hands really prefer it. Much easier to type. If Seidio can get a back that can work with the TS, this will be perfect!

Problem now is I don't need the Seidio 1350 I bought a week before purchasing the 2600. But there are worse problems to have!!!

Loving this Pre and it's related toys!!!!
    LOL... How much you want for the 1350???
    how are you guys carrying this?
    i currently have the clip/clase holster i bought from best buy on day of release
    doesnt look like it will fit this battery
    i want a clip holster is there one out yet? if so link?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I just purchased the Horizontal Leather Case For Extended Battery from Seido. I'm expecting it any day now, I'll post some pictures once I get it in.

I tried finding other cases for the pre with extended battery, however after a trip to a few stores I couldn't find any generic cases that fit the bill just right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    how are you guys carrying this?
    i currently have the clip/clase holster i bought from best buy on day of release
    doesnt look like it will fit this battery
    i want a clip holster is there one out yet? if so link?
    Just check Seidios website. They have a leather horizontal case and I believe a holster as well, not sure about that though.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Manny, Or anyone else that bought one more recently,

Did you get a new back? Or are you just enjoying your improved battery life while waiting for the newer back to be developed? I was actually looking into their competitor since seeing these issues. But since reading how this thread has progressed, I am interested int he Seidio again.

Do you have issues with flash glare?

I wonder if Seidio will make mention on their site if they upgrade the back?

Add me to the list of people who would have even more interest if it was TS compatible. I currently own neither a TS or an extended battery, as I was waiting for them to work with each other. But I do feel the battery far outweighs the TS.

Dave

Might be ordering VERY soon.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Which would you all recommend:
    Seidio 2600 or Amzer 2800?

Personally, how's the extra bulk added to the Pre? How's the phone look and handle? I wouldn't mind carrying an extra battery, but just wanted an opinion from different individuals regarding Seidio 2600 vs Amzer 2800 vs Amzer 1400.

Regards,
    Shado.
    Received mine from amazon on monday. It's the same back, since it has the flash problem others have already described. I'm very happy with the battery life. Usually my phone is dead by 5pm, and now it lasts all the way till bedtime with juice to spare. My touchstone is no longer needed.