Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
  1.    #381  
    Looks like it's back on Amazon (not sure if this is old news or not).

Amazon.com: Seidio Innocell Extended Life Battery for Palm Pre (Black): Cell Phones & Service
    Quote Originally Posted by moe300 View Post
    Look at the pics of the phone with the 2600 battery. It looks like there is no way the top spring clip will go over that thicker cover, nor will the bottom go into the holster. I think seidio mentioned in another thread they are making a compatible holster.
    Seidio just said in that other thread that it won't work with the 2600.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznicktwit View Post
    Looks like it's back on Amazon (not sure if this is old news or not).

Amazon.com: Seidio Innocell Extended Life Battery for Palm Pre (Black): Cell Phones & Service
    Wow....ships in 2 to 4 weeks? Damn! That's a long time to wait! But can't beat that price... 49 dollars...wish Seidio would just sell it for that, would make the decision between their 2600 and the Amzer 2800 so much easier since you'd get the Seidio essentially for almost half price of the Amzer.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Wow....ships in 2 to 4 weeks? Damn! That's a long time to wait! But can't beat that price... 49 dollars...wish Seidio would just sell it for that, would make the decision between their 2600 and the Amzer 2800 so much easier since you'd get the Seidio essentially for almost half price of the Amzer.
    That's a good thing in this case. By then, the back cover should be fixed - at least I would hope so.
    Well, on my 2nd charge I"m averaging 50% power after 12 hours of somewhat heavy usage (3-6 hours of music, sms, decent amount of web browsing, 30 min of calls).
    I have had this battery for about 3 days. Well worth the money. Work outside on Sat from 10am to 5pm. Listen to Pandora with bluetooth head phones only down to 75%
    Also, my sprint car charger seems to charge the 2600 battery almost as fast as the battery that came with my pre, charging it 20-25% in the 30 minute car ride.

Honestly, I am learning to deal with the bulk. Not having to worry about battery life and use my phone as much as I want is sooo worth it.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    so i kind of want this battery.. but im stubborn and want to at least have the option to get cases (even though i do not currently have one) anyone know if they are coming out with hard cases for this and if they will ever be compatible with the touchstone?
    Have you seen the "AmzerŪ SmartCell 3800 mAh Lithium Ion Extended Battery with Black Battery Door For Palm Pre" yikes that's a lot of battery.
    I read somewhere that someone hacked the original battery door to accommodate this battery. Is that possible? Any pics?
    Quote Originally Posted by free hurricane View Post
    I read somewhere that someone hacked the original battery door to accommodate this battery. Is that possible? Any pics?
    Damn...seriously...I'd hate to see what that would look like! Utility knife and duct tape as the required tools maybe? lol
    i had just bought and received this battery 2 days ago. Upon first usage after completely charging for the first time, it was great it reported 100-90% for the first 8 hours of my normal use. I was stoked. About hour 9 is when the phone randomly turned off and reported low battery. I plugged it in to charge. About 3 hours later I tried to turn on my phone again and got nothing.

Sending battery back to Siedio for warranty repair as soon as they answer my request for RMA. Seems like I must have got a dud. Wish they tested these better before shipping out. Oh well another week or two before I hopefully have an extended battery (again)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsongrantr
    i had just bought and received this battery 2 days ago. Upon first usage after completely charging for the first time, it was great it reported 100-90% for the first 8 hours of my normal use. I was stoked. About hour 9 is when the phone randomly turned off and reported low battery. I plugged it in to charge. About 3 hours later I tried to turn on my phone again and got nothing.

Sending battery back to Siedio for warranty repair as soon as they answer my request for RMA. Seems like I must have got a dud. Wish they tested these better before shipping out. Oh well another week or two before I hopefully have an extended battery (again)
    Hello,

We are sorry about your experience and will definitely process your request as soon as possible! Sounds like you indeed received a dud and we will be more than happy to send you a replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hello,

We are sorry about your experience and will definitely process your request as soon as possible! Sounds like you indeed received a dud and we will be more than happy to send you a replacement.
    Are you able to tell us if you guys are or are not attempting to produce a touchstone compatible back for the 2600 battery?

Thanks
    I'm expecting my Seidio 2600 mAh battery from the PreCentral store any minute now, and have a belt pouch which should easily hold it. I'll be charging it up and will hope to report my experiences shortly. {ProfJonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I'll get one as soon as a new back door ready! Anyway,photo is a very important function esp when pre camarer take such good quality photoes,and above all ,i think it's better to give a chance for someone who is brave enough to admit his mistake and get it correct,if seidio goes that way.
    Last edited by yglaotu; 08/13/2009 at 06:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hello,

Just got an email from seidio:

"Thank you for contacting Seidio Return Department. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience with our products. An advance replacement will be sent out in 1-2 business days.

Seidio RMA Department"

mind you i just submitted my RMA yesterday... NOW THAT'S SERVICE!
    Just posted this on the other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by amateurhack View Post
    They're baaack!

And at the same price.

But there is weirdness. Search on amazon for seidio palm pre, and you will find a listing for it under mobilcity. Click on that, and you will se a link for used or new starting at $49.10. click on that to see the amazon listing. This just means they haven't got a page up for it yet. Also, they are still saying 2-4 weeks. I went ahead and ordered. I'll let y'all know what happens.
    Just got mine and started using it yesterday. Oddly, battery life seems worse on day 2 (was great day 1), perhaps because I didn't let it drain very much before putting it back on a charger after the first full charge. Will leave it off the charger today.

Does anyone know how low I should let it get before recharging if I want best conditioning? Thank you. {ProfJonathan}
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfJonathan View Post
    Just got mine and started using it yesterday. Oddly, battery life seems worse on day 2 (was great day 1), perhaps because I didn't let it drain very much before putting it back on a charger after the first full charge. Will leave it off the charger today.

Does anyone know how low I should let it get before recharging if I want best conditioning? Thank you. {ProfJonathan}
    Yeah, I am a little confused about that too. I know for laptop computers, the best thing to do supposedely is to let the battery drain and recharge again fully. A lot of people work on their laptops while it's plugged in almost all the time, and then when it comes time to use the thing without power, the battery lasts about 30 mins or less.

I have read that with cell phone batteries you're supposed to keep them topped off when ever possible, and that they can only accept so many complete recharge cycles. Not sure if it's true though and I would love to hear some clarification from someone who knows what they're talking about.