Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Um, I don't know what you all are complaining about to be quite honest. I thought that the Pre came with a fair number of things compared to some of the other things on the market. It came with a usb cable and charger, a fairly nice headset, and a carrying case. It also came with a usable screen protector, though probably not something that will work for the long term. Given that Palm has not really enabled any of the Pre's power management features yet, I expect the battery life to get a lot better in the near future too. As such, it also came with a battery that is probably just fine for most people.

Many people will probably also want a second battery for longer use, yet since the one from Palm already cost $40, $15 more for more than twice the capacity is not asking too much IMHO.
    If it's touchstone compatible I'll pay it
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    So $54.99 isn't reasonable, when it gives double the run time as the $40 Palm battery and has a new back? Guess I'm missing something here. Seems pretty good to me. I am willing to pay $70-80 for a double runtime battery with a Touchstone compatible back.
    The site didn't say anything about working with the touchstone.
    Awesome, just placed my order. Double the battery capacity with only a 3-4mm increase in size??? Definitely worth it. Touchstone capable or not at that price its a bargain.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neoGTR22 View Post
    Awesome, just placed my order. Double the battery capacity with only a 3-4mm increase in size??? Definitely worth it. Touchstone capable or not at that price its a bargain.
    prolly wont be around for a while you should have waited... they seem to be discounting things right before they launch a decent amount.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by roninj View Post
    Many people will probably also want a second battery for longer use, yet since the one from Palm already cost $40, $15 more for more than twice the capacity is not asking too much IMHO.
    What is not asking too much is to include a battery that works to begin with.

Here's a link at Amazon's site, says it will be $49.10 there. Amazon.com: Seidio BACY26PMPRE-BK Innocell 2600mAh Extended Life Battery for Use with Palm Pre (Black): Cell Phones & Service
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aznicktwit View Post
    What is not asking too much is to include a battery that works to begin with.

Here's a link at Amazon's site, says it will be $49.10 there. Amazon.com: Seidio BACY26PMPRE-BK Innocell 2600mAh Extended Life Battery for Use with Palm Pre (Black): Cell Phones & Service
    Amen, but to defend Palm even the iPhone 3G has terrible battery life and I've seen many people get that huge extended battery add-on for it.

I'll def. get one of these, a single charge for my Pre lasts me a day, but for all my old phones I am used to not having to charge every 2-3 days since I am not a heavy user.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    idk... i'll hold up, i would imagine there will be plenty of after market batteries coming in the future.
    Update 7/13/09: Amazon has taken the battery off of their website.

Don't mean to muddy the waters, but here is a thread that I startedlast night.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-shipping.html

The point I would like to make here is that Amazon's prices can change daily, so it would be wise to keep an eye on the price, because it may go lower, but it may go higher and never go back down, fwiw.

Posting on precentral is sometimes like having a conversation someone, but then when you leave the room you realize that you were talking to their identical twin...lol

I'l figure it out someday.
    Last edited by amateurhack; 07/13/2009 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Amazon link no longer works.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I have had a treo 650, some crap *** samsung, & my centro ( a few other misc bar/flip phones b4 the 650. i have had to buy something extra for all my phones starting the 650! A phone case, Bluetooth, extended battery, extra programs & so on! I dont have a PRE yet but do plan to get one in oct/nov when my current contract is up for renewal! i am allready planning on getting the touchstone & a new case! Do you get that you would not have gotten a BRAND NEW Smart phone for $200/300 if it came with a larger battery, or the touchstone or a case? it would have been $400 I think it would have been smart to come with the touchstone or the option of a bundle pack but it would have b een more & it would have made it less competive with the iPhone due to price factors! I bet that over 50% of peopel would have gotten a different case if there was one included! it is all marketing & money making!
    I can get a $30 prepaid phone with car & home chargers, case & headset! oh & they last 18 days on a charge or like 10 hours talk! maybe you should go get one! sounds like that's what you want! do you get that all the screen size, bluetooth, n such eat away @ that battery life? I am curious if this is yo ur 1st smart phone!
    Amazon has taken down its page for the Seidio 2600mah battery. If you missed it, sorry.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by amateurhack View Post
    Amazon has taken down its page for the Seidio 2600mah battery. If you missed it, sorry.
    Anyone here actually try and purchase it while it was up?
    Quote Originally Posted by aznicktwit View Post
    Anyone here actually try and purchase it while it was up?
    Yes, I did. It is still in my pending orders, and it still says 4-6 weeks. I had this happen on Amazon one other time, and they followed through on the order, so I am hopeful that they will do the same this time.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    dammit, I need this ASAP for my upcoming vegas trip!!

Any idea when this will be available>
    Just got my Seidio battery today. Its almost fully charged.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    You got the 2600 mah one that is listed as in development still?
    I don't think you got the 2600 version one..
    Let us know how it works!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    I don't understand how Seidio launches something like this without at least a picture of what the device looks like in comparison with a regular battery cover.
    +1 They are crazy to think I'd buy it without knowing what it will look like with the bump in the back.
    Does anyone know if it will have a bump orjust be somewhat thicker all around? I won't have a bump, but a little bit thicker phnoe is OK.
    Laissez Faire
    The Amzer, listed on Fommy.com, originally had an availability date of 'by 6/29'. That came and went and was changed to 7/9, then 7/10. Now it says 'out of stock'. Cute (and I get it) but if you never had it, how can it be 'out of stock'? <lol>

Seidio had a price of $54.99 up for like half a day several weeks ago but it's status has never changed from 'currently under development'.

I just wish Seidio, Amzer SOMEONE, ANYONE (competent) would get a 2600-2800 out soon. I have the 1350 and it's fine but I really need something twice that capacity. I had two 2400's for my Treo and a desktop charger and was the perfect situation for me. That way I could swap them at the start of each day and be golden for 18 hours. If I ever did run low I had another to swap.
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast