Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralViscen View Post
    It is nice to see Seidio coming around and doing the right thing. I don't know why they spent so much time taking pictures in well- or medium-lit areas when the problem was obviously occurring in dark places. And when is flash more important than in dark places?
    Admiral,

Actually, all the pictures I took were in poorly lit areas. None of the rooms had any lights on, and there was very little light coming in from the hall.

Thanks,
  2. tlp
    Just thought I'd chime in with a few things.

Got my battery today and absolutely love the way the Pre feels with the new battery and back. I feel a lot more confident holding the device, and though too early to tell, it seems like it's easier to slide the keyboard out. Typing seems easier too. As far as aesthetics go, it looks fine; it's no doubt thicker, but gracefully so. (Disclaimer: I didn't place much value on the Pre being so thin to begin with.) The only potential downside I see is that it might not fit into tight cases/pockets.

I did manage to reproduce the dreaded "flash tunnel effect" in the first two test shots I took in my dimly-lit living room. The flash glares definitely look like reflections from the cut-out on the back. Since Seidio has acknowledged the problem and has offered to ship free replacement backs, I'll forget about that for now and focus on the battery life. Can't wait to try it out!

By the way, am I the only one surprised that a major company like Seidio participates on forums at all? That aspect of customer service seems to be pretty good, even if their initial response was hard to swallow.

My two cents.
    SEIDIO

Thanks , this is what I was hoping for based on previous experiance. Thank you for the excellent customer service . I sent my email and look forward to the new back . Would be great if the new door was TouchStone compatibale so we dont have to re-order a new door when its out and spend more money , but fixing the flash issue is ofcourse top prioirity!
    Between being disappointed that Amazon.com canceled my order for one of these batteries, and news of the flash problem, I'd been holding out on ordering one of these. But news of the replacement backs lead me to order one just now. Now if only it will arrive by next Saturday so I can take it on the trip I'm leaving for Monday!
    Mike B in OKlahoma

Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre

I really love the battery. This has really let me enjoy my phone and not worry about babying it so I will have juice left when I get off work. Will there be any extended battery backs with the gloss black finish. I would really like to keep the color and texture consistency of the Pre. And before anyone says it I know the other batteries have the gloss back but I have been buying Sedio batteries for every phone I have ever had and wanted to stick with what I knew. IMO a glossy back would let the Pre enjoy new life but not sacrice its beauty. Thanks!
    Hmm....now I am starting to lean back towards the Seidio side of things.... If we get a new and improved back cover, then I am all for it.

And Seidio...if you're listening....please put a hole for the headphone jack in the case your are developing that will accommodate the a Pre with extended battery!
    This battery with out the flash issue, a Touchstone compatible back & spring clip holster with an audio jack cut out would have to be huge for Seidio. I know 6 people with Pre's in my little town that would buy it immediately without looking at the price. Can't imagine what the rest of the country would do with it. Just the capitalist in me coming out. IMHO, we need to cut these guys some slack as their previous track record for customer support with me has been good and I don't see any other vendors with as much or any involvement in this forum.
    Last edited by gjhdvm; 08/08/2009 at 07:01 AM.
    I can see why Seidio hasn't paid much attention to the touchstone cover, because once you get this battery you don't ever have to charge during the day. I bought the touchstone when I bought my pre at 7am june 6th and return it, I am glad I did because with a good battery its useless. With a bad battery its good for that really lazy part of me, because you constantly have to charge it. Anyway, I can't wait to get the new cover. Plus paying 50-70 for something that when they opened it up had 5 dollars worth of stuff is a no-no for me... Its a rip-off and palm should have put it at around 20 bucks, especially when it doesn't even contain the usb cable with the charger. Anyway, I've Had the battery around a week and I start using the phone at 8am, usually turn it off around 2am and it still has 45-50% left..that's 18 hours of heavy use and still half of the battery left.
    Quote Originally Posted by aparigraba View Post
    I can see why Seidio hasn't paid much attention to the touchstone cover, because once you get this battery you don't ever have to charge during the day. I bought the touchstone when I bought my pre at 7am june 6th and return it, I am glad I did because with a good battery its useless. With a bad battery its good for that really lazy part of me, because you constantly have to charge it. Anyway, I can't wait to get the new cover. Plus paying 50-70 for something that when they opened it up had 5 dollars worth of stuff is a no-no for me... Its a rip-off and palm should have put it at around 20 bucks, especially when it doesn't even contain the usb cable with the charger. Anyway, I've Had the battery around a week and I start using the phone at 8am, usually turn it off around 2am and it still has 45-50% left..that's 18 hours of heavy use and still half of the battery left.
    and if you were to continuously top off extended battery with a TS, might as well always top off the stock battery. Good post.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by aparigraba View Post
    I'll take the opposite view on the touchstone, I think it's one of the best things about the phone. First of all, it's a great place to put the phone on my desk. It's easy to see and I never have to search for where I put it. I have a touchstone at home, work, and in my car, so my phone is almost always fully charged. I really only bought the extended battery for when I'm traveling. I could be wrong, but I think Seidio would easily double their sales if they could design a touchstone back. I do agree with you that the touchstone is overpriced, but hopefully, the big development costs are over, and some competition will emerge.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    I only have one touchstone at home and with it I make my pre into an alarm clock. I like being able to see the time on the pre. I hate opening the charging port and i believe most of us agree.

So seidio, make a touchstone back and you'll definitely get more buyers...
    It is a cool gadget, and believe me once its for 20 dollars, I will probably get it just as a place where I can place the phone and see the time. I enjoyed it, just thought that I could use my 130 dollars for a better purpose (I bought two). I can just understand why they haven't made it a priority, it's one of those things that they can take their time with and then sell it by itself after everyone already has the battery.
    I've had my battery for less than 24 hours so far. Even on the first charge I am noticing great battery life, being at 68% after 8.25 hours with over 4 hours of playing music, a quick phone call, and some web and sms action.

However, I am not liking the extra bulk. It does feel better when typing, but just holding it I can feel the bulk, and it feels like a brick in my pocket. Also, while the original back was shiny and glossy, the seidio back is dulled and non-reflective. It doesn't look like the pre front, and this kinda annoys me. Hopefully I'll get more used to it...

Edit: oh yeah and it seems harder to hit the power button since I put the new back on.
    Last edited by KallDrexx; 08/08/2009 at 02:58 PM.
    I would buy an extended battery in a heartbeat if it was TS compatible, have we heard anything from them like they are developing it, they are researching it, or they have no plans to do it? If they have no plans to do I would like to know so I could decide between other options.
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrunkie View Post
    I would buy an extended battery in a heartbeat if it was TS compatible, have we heard anything from them like they are developing it, they are researching it, or they have no plans to do it? If they have no plans to do I would like to know so I could decide between other options.
    I think Seidio said they are working on it. Don't know about Amzer, no one from that company frequents this forum like Seidio does, so, I am guessing they are, but not sure about it.
    I was at a wedding tonight, and snapped some images in dark lighting.

All the photos had horrible flash-back effects.

This is a definite problem, and I need to decide within the first 14 days
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    I was at a wedding tonight, and snapped some images in dark lighting.

All the photos had horrible flash-back effects.

This is a definite problem, and I need to decide within the first 14 days
    Not according to what Seidio said in this thread. They said they would replace your back cover with a newly designed one, free of charge and free shipping. Just shoot them an email about how displeased you are with the current back and that it ruins your shots...might want to send some sample ones too.
    Quote Originally Posted by moe300 View Post
    It also look like it renders the seidio spring clip holster useless. Of course on the details for the spring clip holster it says "compatible with seidio extended battery" but I think it means the smaller 1350mah extended battery, not the 2600mah. That is a deal breaker right there for me.
    do you know for sure?
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deviousracing View Post
    do you know for sure?
    I think it does work with the 2600 battery.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neile45 View Post
    I think it does work with the 2600 battery.
    Look at the pics of the phone with the 2600 battery. It looks like there is no way the top spring clip will go over that thicker cover, nor will the bottom go into the holster. I think seidio mentioned in another thread they are making a compatible holster.