Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    battery life has been great for me (1 day usage is no longer a problem)

I DO feel that the phone is now hard to 1-handed palm though. Though still usable 1 handed, it makes your hand ache after extensive usage.

That being said, still find this battery a major upgrade from the stock battery
    While my new 2600 was being charged for 8 hours ( starting @11am), I used my older Seidio 2600 battery from my 800w. At 100%, starting at 11am, listened to 3 Precentral podcasts, 1 Smartphone Roundtable podcast and at the same time, heavy texting and and on Precentral.net. I was also checking and respondiing to emails. When a call came in, I stopped the podcast and talked onthe phone for about 2 hours while still receiving emails and text messages. AFter the call, back to the last part of the 4th podcast. It's 11:47pm...over 12 hours laters....down to 37%......not bad!!!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    My 2600 was fully charged at 9am today. Throughout the day today...

- I talked on the phone for about 15 minutes.
    - I surfed the web for about 30 minutes
    - Watched about 15 minutes of YouTube videos
    - Viewed about 15 emails (replied back to 5 of them)
    - Text messaged about 20 times
    - Bluetooth was ON all day
    - WiFi was ON all day
    - GPS was ON all day

By 11pm, my battery life was at 80%. That's freakin' awesome! Now I don't have to worry about battery life every time I do something on my phone.

With the OEM battery, I would average 25-30% remaining around the same time with the same usage listed above.

I haven't used the camera yet to verify the issue a lot of you have been experiencing. When I get the chance to test it out, I'll update you guys.

Overall, I'm really happy with Seidio's 2600 extended battery.
    I can't get over the response from seidio. Talk about a slap in the face to their customers.

My Pre's stock battery seems to be getting less life than ever. I was leaning towards the Amzer 1400 but if the phone keeps sucking charge the way it has for the last few days, I guess I will have to go for the 2800.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    So my extended Seido 2600 battery just came in the mail today. I'm very pleased with how it looks and the added feeling of security and heft it gives my pre.

I'm curious what other people have been using as a protective case or holster. I have a feeling the case in the works by Seido will make my beautiful pre look a brick. any suggestions?
    Hello All,

Thank you for all of your interest about our products! Those of you that know us for a while knows that Seidio take every single comments and suggestions very seriously and we are quick to respond to customer feedbacks!

We just want let you guys/girls know that our engineers are still looking into the situation. Because we cannot pinpoint the cause, we ask that you be patience until we can identify the culprit and fix it once and for all. If there are improvements and tweaks that can be made, we will certainly implement it and promise that the helpful members on here will be the first to know.

Hope this information helps and please let us know if you have any other questions!
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hello All,

Thank you for all of your interest about our products! Those of you that know us for a while knows that Seidio take every single comments and suggestions very seriously and we are quick to respond to customer feedbacks!

We just want let you guys/girls know that our engineers are still looking into the situation. Because we cannot pinpoint the cause, we ask that you be patience until we can identify the culprit and fix it once and for all. If there are improvements and tweaks that can be made, we will certainly implement it and promise that the helpful members on here will be the first to know.

Hope this information helps and please let us know if you have any other questions!
    With all due respect, I don't understand how your engineers can't find the culprit. It's pretty simple, the flash goes through that small opening and as a result the light emitted can't distribute itself as it can with the stock back but instead is tunneled and therefore causes over exposure of any picture taken in a fairly dark environment.

Cut the hole for the flash bigger so that the emitted light can go where it's supposed to go, and the problem is solved.

While I am here, could you please tell your design team to put a hole in your cases where so that we can use headphones while the Pre is in the case? I already contacted your customer service about this, and they said they will talk to the design team. Not being able to use your headphones while the Pre is in the case is, to me, a huge design flaw and oversight. You made a spring clip holster that has access to the headphone jack (audio port as you call it), so why not make a leather case with access to the audio port?

Lets fix it please!
    Last edited by MannyZ28; 08/06/2009 at 11:49 PM.
    Well I'm glad I decided to wait on getting this battery. Looks like the Amzer is the way to go now.
    delete.
    ...Because we cannot pinpoint the cause, we ask that you be patience until we can identify the culprit and fix it once and for all...
    Seidio(),

As a result of the irresponsible manner in which you've addressed the flash issue due to poor case design, you have lost my business.

The only way you may regain my business is by shipping current customers a redesigned casing, free of charge.

Regards
    Quote Originally Posted by fireyfuzzball View Post
    Well I'm glad I decided to wait on getting this battery. Looks like the Amzer is the way to go now.
    Or Mugen.....

Palm Pre Super Extended 3800mAh Lithium Ion Battery with Black Battery Door
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I might have to get one
    seidioseidio , Do you see the threads on the 2800 Amzer battery. The flash hole is as big as the camera hole and NO flash issues. Stop wasting research money and wasting time. All you need to do is make the flash hole bigger. thats it . Simple!. You have a few days before you get massive returns and people start ordering the Amzer case.
    On top of that it has like a tunnel for sound, so sound doesnt get lost in all the empty space inside the cover, plus on the review that was shown on an amzer thread they mentioned that it has a much better curve to it than this one and of course the flash issue, lets start searching for the best price and trade these in. I asked my 7 year old daughter why the flash didnt work and she said...because its hidden in a hole maybe. Unfortunately all of seidios engineers cant figure it out.
    First of all I'd like to apologize if we were unclear in our previous statement. Those of you have any experience with our company will know that many of our product improvements have come from the valuable feedback you the forum members provide. We weren't trying to blow you off or dismiss any issues you were having, but part of any improvement process is duplicating the issue and finding out exactly where the problem lies. I'm sorry to say that it's not always as simple as just making the opening larger. There are a lot of factors to consider.

We've been trying very hard to figure out how to reproduce the vast differences some of you are getting in your pictures. I grabbed our Pre this morning and took some pictures myself. Here are my results (the car was used for some color).

This was taken in a light box (lights obviously off) in a dark room. The only light was coming in from two adjacent rooms.

This was taken in a small room with lights off...light coming in from the hall.

Same conference room...just a closer shot.

Same conference room...complete darkness.

I am in no way a photographer (as I'm sure you can tell), but I really didn't see the differences in these photos. After about 50 pictures, I was able to duplicate a little of what has been discussed here. I was in the same conference room, but this time I turned off the hallway light so very little light was coming into the room. Here's what I got.

As you can see I was able to achieve some of the "washed out" look some of you were experiencing. I was never able to duplicate anything except in very poor lighting conditions, but it was there nonetheless.

As with all of our products, we're very committed to your satisfaction. We are absolutely working on a modification to eliminate this issue. Once available we'll post here and make sure and get replacement doors to any customer that requests it. If you'd like to go ahead and put your name in now, please send an email to forum@seidio.com with the following information:

Email Subject Line: Pre 2600 Battery Door
    Your Name
    Order Number
    Ship to Address

Please understand that this could take some time, as we may have to create a completely new door. Please enjoy the extra battery life and we'll get this straightened out as soon as possible.

We apologize again for any inconveniences this has caused.
    Now thats good customer support! if not too much to ask :-P add TS support please.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    We've been trying very hard to figure out how to reproduce the vast differences some of you are getting in your pictures. I grabbed our Pre this morning and took some pictures myself. Here are my results...
    Certainly is strange that anyone who owns this product has the same problem; That is except for Seidio!

We are absolutely working on a modification to eliminate this issue. Once available we'll post here and make sure and get replacement doors to any customer that requests it.
    I'm not certain how you will eliminate an issue you're unable to reproduce *cough* but please confirm customers of this defective product will be shipped replacements free of charge?

Regards.
    Quote Originally Posted by aparigraba View Post
    On top of that it has like a tunnel for sound, so sound doesnt get lost in all the empty space inside the cover...
    It? Amzer or Mugen?

Please provide images/links to of said tunnel.

Regards.
    It is nice to see Seidio coming around and doing the right thing. I don't know why they spent so much time taking pictures in well- or medium-lit areas when the problem was obviously occurring in dark places. And when is flash more important than in dark places?
    Quote Originally Posted by dk0r View Post
    Certainly is strange that anyone who owns this product has the same problem; That is except for Seidio!
    Quote Originally Posted by dk0r View Post
    I'm not certain how you will eliminate an issue you're unable to reproduce *cough* but please confirm customers of this defective product will be shipped replacements free of charge?

Regards.
    dk,

Please check in my post directly after the pictures. I stated that I was able to reproduce the problem, just not to the extent as some of the pictures I've seen on this thread.

As you can see I was able to achieve some of the "washed out" look some of you were experiencing. I was never able to duplicate anything except in very poor lighting conditions, but it was there nonetheless.
    The answer to your question is yes. Everyone that needs a replacement door will receive it absolutely free of charge (including shipping).

Thanks,