Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm
    Seidio , Let us know what you intend to do about this. I tried to take some pictures last night and they are terrible, this is ridiculous. Hopefully you intend on replacing these backs. I would return it but I love the battery. You seen the evidence from alot of people on here. this is an issue with the back not the enviorment. all you need to do it make the hole for the flash bigger. it is very simple. Also appreciate your responding and investigiating the issue well done. thats good customer support. thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by cbellevie
    Has anyone heard back regarding a fix to the flash issue?

As someone who regularly burned through a full charge on a Seidio 700p 3200 battery in a day, the Pre is almost usable for me (away from charge for entire day + heavy use). I've only had the Pre for a few days and a number of times gone below 10% battery charge and have to just stop using it... and what fun is that?!?

My excellent experience with the 700p extended battery immediately had me looking to Seidio for a solution, but the flash issue looks pretty unacceptable There are other options, but I'd prefer Seidio...
    Hello All,

Thank you for your interest in our products! Our engineers are still investigating this issue as they are unable to consistently duplicate the results that some of you are experiencing. Within the same room and same dark lighting condition, we are generating mostly good photos with the flash and a couple of ones with some glare. the inconsistency has let us to believe that it might be a software issue with the Pre; since there are no settings to adjust the Pre camera, we will let you know more as we continue to look into it.

Besides a possible software issue, the engineers also noted the following:

1. One time, the glare was caused by a small water spot on the lens, once cleaned off, the glare was gone.
    2. The cutout for the camera on the battery door may have some lints or other residue that may affect the quality of the picture.
    3. Because of the precision cutout, proper installation must be applied. Even the smallest misalignment may cause a glare or shadow to occur.

Thank you all for your patience and please let us know if you have any other questions!
    Just make the cut out bigger/more open
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Yeah pretty simple solution.

Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Just make the cut out bigger/more open
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hello All,

Thank you for your interest in our products! Our engineers are still investigating this issue as they are unable to consistently duplicate the results that some of you are experiencing. Within the same room and same dark lighting condition, we are generating mostly good photos with the flash and a couple of ones with some glare. the inconsistency has let us to believe that it might be a software issue with the Pre; since there are no settings to adjust the Pre camera, we will let you know more as we continue to look into it.

1. One time, the glare was caused by a small water spot on the lens, once cleaned off, the glare was gone.
    2. The cutout for the camera on the battery door may have some lints or other residue that may affect the quality of the picture.
    3. Because of the precision cutout, proper installation must be applied. Even the smallest misalignment may cause a glare or shadow to occur.

Thank you all for your patience and please let us know if you have any other questions!
    So basically, "not our problem"?

Should we assume that there will not be a redesign of the battery door then? Because that makes the Amzer look that much better...
  5.    #325  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    So basically, "not our problem"?

Should we assume that there will not be a redesign of the battery door then? Because that makes the Amzer look that much better...
    Yeah I'm guessing trying to avoid the cost of recall and redistribution to go with the redesign.

I'm sorry but that's the biggest steaming pile of, um, whoey I've read in quite some time. Please explain to me, precisely, how one 'misaligns' the back? I mean, really now? And lint? A water spot? Once? Oh, now. You cannot be serious.

If ever I saw a time when someone should've quit while they were ahead it was after saying it might be the Pre's software. Except, I'm sure you know, you would have had to answer to them for that one.

The rest is beyond ridiculous to the point of being insulting.

As Pesci's character said in 'My Cousin Vinny', "I gots no more use for 'dis guy."
    Hello All,

My pictures using the extended back for the 2600 battery ( that arrived today). SEIDIO, THE BACK IS SECURE AND INSTALLED CORRECTLY!!!!..LET'S GET THIS RIGHT!!!!!!

2 pictures without a flash...the other ..with a flash!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  8.    #328  
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    My pictures using the extended back for the 2600 battery ( that arrived today). SEIDIO, THE BACK IS SECURE AND INSTALLED CORRECTLY!!!!..LET'S GET THIS RIGHT!!!!!!

I don't know how you can own a company and not do R&D. Guessing they rushed this thing out trying to be first and in the process didn't properly test it. How hard is it to give it to 5 of your employees and have them use it for a couple weeks before you release it to the public? Guess I'm glad I was waiting for the repsones on this board before purchasing it. Sorry you guys had to be their testers.
    Seidio's response had me in hysterics. Those are the lamest excuses I've heard in quite some time.

To drive the point home completely, can you make another picture of the same area with same lighting conditions using the stock back and battery? Just so that they get the idea that it is very easy to reproduce the problem.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    To drive the point home completely, can you make another picture of the same area with same lighting conditions using the stock back and battery? Just so that they get the idea that it is very easy to reproduce the problem.

Thanks!
    This time....with stock (Palm) battery and rear cover...without flash.....then with flash!!

IGO
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    This time....with stock (Palm) battery and rear cover...without flash.....then with flash!!

IGO
    Awesome....see that Seidio....have your engineers take a look at that.
    I'm wondering if there will be an extended battery coming out that will be compaitible with the touchstone.
    Yeah, I was ready to jump on this, but def not now. I dont want to lose my flash camera... I have been waiting to see how they would handle things.... But I had some lint on my eye.....I couldn't see what they decided to do!!!

Did they fix it???
    It looks like Seidio isn't willing to fix this, I am not buying from them again with this customer service. Basically calling all of us liars, lets just not buy from them or return the batteries till they fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmexx323 View Post
    Yeah, I was ready to jump on this, but def not now. I dont want to lose my flash camera... I have been waiting to see how they would handle things.... But I had some lint on my eye.....I couldn't see what they decided to do!!!

Did they fix it???
    Fix it? They still have to totally acknowledge that there even is a problem!
    What's the return policy?

I for one don't think they'll send anyone out new (redesigned) back covers until customers start making returns at which point it'll be cheaper for them to provide new backcovers. Which we all know only cost .25 cents to produce.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Looks like I will be holding off on this product also.
    SW issue, nice response. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by neoGTR22 View Post
    What's the return policy?

I for one don't think they'll send anyone out new (redesigned) back covers until customers start making returns at which point it'll be cheaper for them to provide new backcovers. Which we all know only cost .25 cents to produce.
    14 days.
    Well for the first day after 17 hours I had 48%...a couple of hours of music thru bluetooth, like 2 hours of calls, some gps, etc. Today it's been 14 hours, more usage than yesterday and im at 55%. With the same usage before, charging while i drove and on all breaks I wouldn't get past 4pm without my phone shutting down, very happy that i no longer have to charge it during the day and I love the heavier back and feel of the cover. So happy I returned the 2 touchstones I got and got 130 dollars back, which i used to buy 2 batteries : - ).