Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 701
  1. #281  
    The thing i noticed is that the darker it is ( more the flash is needed) the more extreme the problem is. Meaning that when i was testing in the day in low light rooms it wasnt so bad BUT when i was testing at night it was really bad. Also that means the when teh Flash is really needed the most ( at night in real dark places) it is absolutley useless. this is a really bad thing. makes the camera useless when a flash is needed the most. the pictures in good light ( when the flash is not needed ) is fine and still perfect.

    Seidio please resond to all of our request for an update on if you are going to fix this serious issue. I have sent a few emails ( as I know others have) . I have gotten no reply. This is not a "when is it coming out" question, this is a serious defect.
  2. #282  
    VaccPalm thank you for clearing this up. With what your saying I am for sure waiting on this new back if Seidio can come up with one. Can you post a couple of pictures to show us how bad the flash doesn't work now?
  3. #283  
    The first picture is of a room with alot of sunlight, flash on, the other two are in darker rooms at night with flash on. you can see it is pretty bad the washout ( very hazy) and not bad at all in the light. I cant seem to put the pics in the post so I have links to my photobucket page. Hope these pictures help.

    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...s%202008/3.jpg

    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...s%202008/1.jpg

    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...s%202008/4.jpg
  4. #284  
    Heres a picture I took last week with the flash indoors at a dark aquarium , while not a great picture, theres no washout or hazyness.

    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...s%202008/5.jpg
  5. #285  
    Thank you. You can tell the picture is just over exposed since the flash isn't allowed to burst or spread out. I'm pretty sure they just need to open the hole up around the flash and camera
  6. #286  
    Absolultey agree , simple fix to the covers , just waiting for them to let us know what they will do about it . I have sent emails since thursday night. and alot of folks posted here and so far no response but since its the weekend I guess I didnt expect any reply until this coming week. Hopefully the Sedio guy on here will respond and let us know if they will fix the issue. not having use of the camera is kind of a big issue. they have fixed these issues in the past so I fully expect them to do the same again and exchange our defective ones for a new one. Just the door, the battey is terriffic!

    They just need to have the hole just like the original back door, the same size as the camera hole.


    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    Thank you. You can tell the picture is just over exposed since the flash isn't allowed to burst or spread out. I'm pretty sure they just need to open the hole up around the flash and camera
  7. #287  
    thanks everyon
  8. #288  
    Quote Originally Posted by SlapVanVoila
    About the camera and flash, I've attached a comparison. When there is a need for flash, there is over exposure. IMO, and stating for credentials sake that I'm a Video Producer/Director, it's caused by the 'tunneling' effect produced by the hole. It concentrates the flash i.e. the light doesn't get to spread or diffuse as widely as it would with the OE back. That said, for situations with plenty of light you can't tell a bit difference.

    In any case, for me, it's not a deal breaker.

    In the spirit of reporting, 90 minutes after the battery being at 70%, checking email, the weather as well as taking these photos (and I took a bunch of the same scene), hooking up to my Mac and transferring them I'm down to 65%.

    -Slappy V
    Hello,

    Thank you for your interest in our products. After talking to my engineers on this situation over the weekend and trying to replicate the issue that you are describing without any success. We concluded that there are quite a few environmental factors that could adversely affect the photos and this is definitely not a common issue. Here are some examples:

    This is with the door and no flash:


    This is with the door and flash:


    This is with NO door (OEM or Seidio) and no flash:


    And finally, this is with NO door and with flash:


    As you can see, the tunneling effect is not apparent here in our photos, so we are curious to know if there are some settings that you tweaked to get those photos (red eye, low light?). Please PM or shoot me an email if you have any other questions.

    Quote Originally Posted by lilmexx323
    Seidio,

    Do you all plan to tweak the flash and camera hole any to accomodate the flash issue. There was a def difference between those two pics posted. I know its just the flash, but something that will degrade the camera image is rough to mess with.
    Any ideas on this?
    Hello,

    Please refer to the posting above, we couldn't replicate the Volia's issue so we are confident that this is not a common thing for all environments. We will continue to test and report back any findings.
  9. #289  
    I think I am going to wait on ordering an extended battery for a while. First of all, Palm will probably come out with something of their own to lighten our wallet a bit, and second of all, I want to use my battery for a month or so of charges to see if it truly does "improve"
  10. #290  
    seidio your taking the pictures it seems in a well lit room . Try taking a picture in a dark room with flash and you will see.
  11. #291  
    I've noticed an issue where the 2600 battery stops charging when connected to a monoprice wall charger. The Pre initially starts charging when you plug the cable in...but an hour or so later when you wake up the Pre the display shows the battery is no longer charging.

    It's as though the Pre thinks the battery is full and stops charging the device. I'll try to charge the phone with my Palm charger tonight to attempt to replicate this issue.
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
  12. wp746911's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #292  
    seidio, try low light. The pre takes great pictures with no flash in bright light. Try it in a moderatly dim inside room and see if that does it.
  13. #293  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hello,

    Thank you for your interest in our products. After talking to my engineers on this situation over the weekend and trying to replicate the issue that you are describing without any success. We concluded that there are quite a few environmental factors that could adversely affect the photos and this is definitely not a common issue.
    I am sorry that you were unable to replicate my results. I, however, have been able to replicate my results. Additionally, others are reporting similar results as well. I am not an engineer but I am a Professional Videographer and Photographer with well over 20 years experience and I can absolutely say with 100% confidence that the issue is with the pit the flash is in with the replacement back in place.

    As you will see with this series of test images I shot a few moments ago, the problem is consistent, replicable and more pronounced in low light situations. For the record: The images attached to this post, as well as those attached to my other post, were not enhance or manipulated in any way other than to resize them to 600x802. All images were shot from the same position, at the same time of day and by holding the Pre along the lowest edge of the slider and triggering the 'shutter' using the spacebar. Edit: Please note: There have been no tweaks, adjustments or otherwise any modifications to my Pre, it's camera or it's flash.

    All of the above said, I am pleased with the 2600 battery's performance and I like the back well enough. I have also purchased several of your products over the years and have been equally pleased with their performance. I was asked by members of this community to report my experiences with this battery and replacement door. I did so, and will continue to do so if asked, without bias. My results and experiences are just that, my results and my experiences. That others share similar results and experiences must certainly indicate to you, beyond any 'environmental factors' that you may wish to ascribe to my results, experiences or those of others, that there is indeed an issue with the pit and the flash's performance within it. Whether you choose to acknowledge it or not is entirely your choice.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SlapVanVoila; 08/03/2009 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Edit noted in post
  14. #294  
    does it have to do with the lining inside 'tube/flash enclosure' is black...absorbs light? would metallic be better to reflect light.
    ***I Twitter***

    Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  15. #295  
    Quote Originally Posted by SlapVanVoila View Post
    I am sorry that you were unable to replicate my results. I, however, have been able to replicate my results. Additionally, others are reporting similar results as well. I am not an engineer but I am a Professional Videographer and Photographer with well over 20 years experience and I can absolutely say with 100% confidence that the issue is with the pit the flash is in with the replacement back in place.

    As you will see with this series of test images I shot a few moments ago, the problem is consistent, replicable and more pronounced in low light situations. For the record: The images attached to this post, as well as those attached to my other post, were not enhance or manipulated in any way other than to resize them to 600x802. All images were shot from the same position, at the same time of day and by holding the Pre along the lowest edge of the slider and triggering the 'shutter' using the spacebar. Edit: Please note: There have been no tweaks, adjustments or otherwise any modifications to my Pre, it's camera or it's flash.

    All of the above said, I am pleased with the 2600 battery's performance and I like the back well enough. I have also purchased several of your products over the years and have been equally pleased with their performance. I was asked by members of this community to report my experiences with this battery and replacement door. I did so, and will continue to do so if asked, without bias. My results and experiences are just that, my results and my experiences. That others share similar results and experiences must certainly indicate to you, beyond any 'environmental factors' that you may wish to ascribe to my results, experiences or those of others, that there is indeed an issue with the pit and the flash's performance within it. Whether you choose to acknowledge it or not is entirely your choice.
    Hello,

    Thank you for the additional photos and your detail explanations! I will definitely pass the information along to my engineers for further analysis of this situation. This was very helpful and we want to provide the best products in quality and innovations and that will not be possible without comments and suggestion from forum communities and individual feedbacks! Thank you again and let us know if you have any other questions or comments!
  16. #296  
    I just received my Seidio 2600 extended battery today. I don't have a extra charger so I am charging it in the phone. So far I am pleased with the feel and look. It doesn't add that much to the phone. The shipping was super fast.
  17. #297  
    I just started using my Seidio 2600 extended battery today, let it charge fully overnight, and so far I like it. The battery life already seems much improved (after 2 hours of use, texting and moderate web browsing I'm at 86%) and I actually love the extra bulk provided by the thicker back, mainly for texting. I always had a slight issue with texting before because of the thin keyboard and the Pre being top heavy with the keyboard slid out. With the thicker back it feels much more secure in my hands. I hadn't read the posts about the flash issue until today, so that's a little bit of a disappointment for me to have that to look forward to. It's too bright in the room I'm in to test that out, altho on the plus side, the thicker backing provides more stability and makes it possible to take pics (especially self portraits..."Vanity, thy name is Innatore") without as much shaking. I haven't walked around much with it so we'll see how I feel about carrying it in my pocket.
  18. #298  
    <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mp3BlTzQzN0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mp3BlTzQzN0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
  19. #299  
    here's a review
  20. #300  
    That was definitely interesting..... I have seen a few other reviews of the Pre from that dude. He went a little crazy with the beauty queen comparison....and....he listens to Pandora ALL day long? I wonder if he makes it through a month with the 5 gb cap!

    I am still on the fence on whether I should get this thing or not....

Posting Permissions