Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    3800? Good Lord! The thing must huge! I'm old enough to remember when cellphones where essentially the size of suitcases and cost a bazillion dollars. <lol> Are we heading back in that direction? Does your phone then double as a tazer?
    Tazer.....lol.....that's even better than using it to jumpstart a car!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I'll most definitely pick this up once they fix the flash issue and make a case for it Keep up the good work Seidio!
    Do you really think Palm could have thrown in $100 worth of add-ons, and still sold it for $200? As far as the battery, Palm could have easily put in a bigger battery. But that would have made the phone bigger, and people have been complaining that Palm phones are too big for years. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Me personally, I would prefer the phone to be a bit bigger as I have larger hands. Again that is just me.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rcram View Post
    Me personally, I would prefer the phone to be a bit bigger as I have larger hands. Again that is just me.
    i thought i wanted it to be bigger too.. i mean im 6'2 and i got larger hands to match.. but i havent had a problem switching from my blackberry 8830 to the pre.. however.. if it were even a little smaller.. using it would be impossible
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Agreed
    SO far so good. no charging today. started day at 98% and now at 10:30 at night its at 71% . Used it quite a bit. usually I am around 30% so very nice improvment. I can probalkly get 2 days out of a charge now. Again very nice. this is the way a smartphone shoould be. and I know smaller is in but the devices keep needing more power and the batterys get smaller.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 08/09/2009 at 06:34 PM.
    Can anyone do a side by side comparison of the size of the pre with OEM battery and with the bigger battery in? I can't decide if I just want to stick with my Amzer's 1400mAh or purchase the 2600. I love the size of my pre now.
    Here are a bunch of shots with the Pre and the bigger back...one of them is a nice comparison shot.

seidioonline.com
    Thank you Manny.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    Thank you Manny.
    No problem....but you can also hit the "Thanks" button...lol.

You think you're going to get one?
  13. tlp
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    What flash issue. Bull! I have the battery and have no issues. I hate it when people make stuff up!
    Check out post #209 on page 11 for an overview of the flash issue (my account can't post links yet). I'd be curious to know if your own tests have yielded different results.
    Definetly is a flash issue. it not just one person , alot of people are reporting it . Mine isnt as dramatic as the one posted and does not happen on every flash picture i take but it does happen more then half the time. Completly ruins the picture. For me thats kind of big as I dont own a camera. the PRE is my Camera . one of the reasons I purchased the PRE ( among many) is the nice pictures it takes.

The issue is that the flash is reflecting off the sides of the case. Seidio needs to make the hole around the flash wider then it is. In the past where there is a defective product they have usually fixed and replaced the item so I am hoping they make the hole wider and replace these back doors. The whole for the flash should be as wide as the hole for the camera just like the OEM back. Hopefully everyone like me reports the issue to them. Seidio I know you read these. Will you comment on the issue and advise if you will be correcting it ??
    Bought mine today after I woke up to a dead pre with a dead battery signal. This was after I had about 60% or so at 7:30 or so at night and didn't use it much. I'm not sure why it's died, but it pissed me off for sure, enough to finally pull the trigger on the purchase.

Either way, does anyone know if this battery/back works with the spare battery charger I saw people mention months ago?
    Exactly. needs to be tapered. I just hope they correct it and replace it free of charge to all of use who purchased it. They did that to a case I had for the 700P that was cut incorrectly and a stylus Pen for the Centro that had the cap getting stuck issue. they are very responsive to defects and replace them . Just they have not responded to me yet on it . anyone get a response yet from them ? I have no issue waiting until it is corrected as I LOVE the battery , I just want them to let us know they are.

Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    If this is what you see, I believe you. So far mine is fine. All they need to do is to taper the back (less depth at hole area). This will minimize light tunneling. That is just a new back which can be made designed., I am not worried.
    Quote Originally Posted by KallDrexx View Post
    Either way, does anyone know if this battery/back works with the spare battery charger I saw people mention months ago?
    I have the Seidio charger. It's a huge convenience! I am able to swap out my 2600's each morning. Having it and the two 2600's make my life just peachy keen neat-o.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    No problem....but you can also hit the "Thanks" button...lol.

You think you're going to get one?
    I think I am leaning towards the 1400 battery size. I don't need two days plus of battery. I go home and charge. So if I can get a full days usage I will be happy. Right now I get about 8hrs of usage barely. So anything is an upgrade. Plus with the camera problem on the 2600 I will wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    I think I am leaning towards the 1400 battery size. I don't need two days plus of battery. I go home and charge. So if I can get a full days usage I will be happy. Right now I get about 8hrs of usage barely. So anything is an upgrade. Plus with the camera problem on the 2600 I will wait.
    I don't know...I can't justify 45 bucks for 200 mAh.....maybe 15 bucks, but not 45! I'd rather spent 20 bucks more and get some serious power under the hood!

And as some people have mentioned, the flash problem is not there all the time. It would be great if some more people could chime in on the flash thing and post some of their pics.
    Agreed about the flash problem. Hopefully more people will post a couple of pictures so I can really see a difference. I guess another way to look at it is...IF ( and that's a big IF) palm does come out with this so called update in 40 days or so with the Battery and CPU scaling maybe then the 1400mAh is really all I need right? Did you ever purchase one?