Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    Seidio,

Do you all plan to tweak the flash and camera hole any to accomodate the flash issue. There was a def difference between those two pics posted. I know its just the flash, but something that will degrade the camera image is rough to mess with.
    Any ideas on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by 72guy View Post
    Voila,
    My OEM battery will last 3.5-4 days in standby with no use. I would think that the OEM battery would last 2.5-3 days with the use that you described. If the 2600 is only good for 19 hours after being used as you describe. I'll pass.
    I haven't had either battery, the OEM or the 1350, last that long ever. Now, until the arrival of the 2600s, I'd not used my Pre very much for calling as I'm running out a contract with AT&T that ends on 8/18. When the 2600s arrived I forwarded the AT&T Treo's # to the Pre and have been using the Pre exclusively.

Prior to this week and the arrival of the 2600s, the OEM - when I just used the Pre for emailing, texting and web - would last maybe a 1/3 to 1/2 a day on a charge. The 1350 a 1/2 day and never much more, maybe. So, Gentlemen, 19 hours is quite an improvement in my world. There seems to be some very wide discrepancies in battery life, OEM and 3rd party, just from reading this board. I'm not sure what's up with that. I can also say battery life in general, with the OEM and 1350, went in the toilet for me after 1.1.

Today, my 1st 2600 is in use and on it's second cycle, and with much more typical use is now at 51%. I have a 2400 Seidio in my Treo 650 that would last a 14 hour day of typical use, leaving it at about 30% at the end of the day i.e. 11 or 11:30 PM.

That said, typical use for me off the top of my head is 2 - 3 twenty to thirty minute plus calls a day and/or four to six 10 minute or so calls, on and off the web many times as well as emailing, texting and GPS. I do very, very little gaming or radio listening though I'm on vacation this week so it's diff. And, actually, vacation or no vacation, today was much more typical. I'm a freelancer so I have to answer the phone, vaca or no vaca.

And like someone else just posted, the batteries are very early into use. The one I have in now has been thru two charges and will be thru it's second cycle when it dies, I assume, later this evening. The other is charging for a second time now.

I guess the up shot for me is this: Given what I've told you about my experience with the life of the OEM and the 1350, if I can make it thru a day from 7 AM to 11 PM (14 hours) without having to charge or swap batteries, I'll be and am happy.
    Last edited by SlapVanVoila; 07/31/2009 at 02:11 PM. Reason: clarity
    58 bucks + shipping for a battery? Give me a break.
    if I can make it thru a day from 7 AM to 11 PM (14 hours) without having to charge or swap batteries, I'll be and am happy.
    Exactly.

It felt so good not having to look for my charger during the whole entire day of usage. When I finally went to sleep, my battery was at 28% after a little more usage before sleep. My friend's iPhone would be at 50-60% by the end of lunch time, while my battery was at around 80% yesterday at the end of the work day.
    Quote Originally Posted by smithwicks View Post
    58 bucks + shipping for a battery? Give me a break.
    Don't buy it then. I've bought 3 extended batteries from Siedio that worth every penny to me. I just won't go out to eat this weekend. No biggie.
    Last edited by elder_shawn; 07/31/2009 at 03:24 PM.
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    Just got the email my battery has been shipped
    Quote Originally Posted by trapharder4844 View Post
    Just got the email my battery has been shipped
    Ditto!!!!
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    I am pleasantly suprised i like the battery, does not add much to the phone but gives it a better feel in the hands so I hope no more dropping the phone. I am someone who got the extended for the Centro and never used it due to the horrible look and feel. I cant say anything about the battery as I am charging now but very nice seidio.
    Hopefully mine will show up soon so I can it a try, so far it sounds like a good item to have.
    Just got home and found the tiny box on my door step. I instantly love the new back and also love the added thickness and how it feels in my hand...that's what she said. Charging now and will post scientific data in the next few days. Base point is 46%.
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    I love my battery 2600mAH, I unplugged it from the charger at 6:58AM and I'm currently at 81%, I bought this battery because at my work I have really bad signal strength and it would kill my stock battery. I'm excited. I'm a function over fashion, so I'm bias (sp.)
    Any of you know if this works with the Seidio holster?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianzedge View Post
    Any of you know if this works with the Seidio holster?
    nope, I believe they will come out with a special version for thier special version extended battery, more money for them
    Received my 2600 yesterday, charged it all night.

This morning, I was listening to the music app on my way to work for 40 mins, listened to 2 VMs, streamed Pandora at work for an hour, and battery life is at 82%. This is my first charge.

The battery cover is a bit much, though. Could we get a slimmer version? The bulk of the battery is in the top half of the phone, so maybe the bottom half could be trimmed? I could see the balance of the phone being off though...just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by adambomb13 View Post
    nope, I believe they will come out with a special version for thier special version extended battery, more money for them
    This looks to be the theme surrounding touch-stone compatibility/camera flash functionality as well..
    Cool revalation.. I was using a rocket fish case. But with the extended door I cant use it BUT it actually looks good with just the front peice on. The Back door for the extended battery is larger then the stock door. also the same color as the innocase. so the front peice only looks pretty good on it and the extended back door is like a case as it dosent touch the actual phone. only touches the battery proteciing the phone in a fall or drop. Using the front cover only, blends in to the new back door pretty good ( using an innocase or a rocket fish) .
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Cool revalation.. I was using a rocket fish case. But with the extended door I cant use it BUT it actually looks good with just the front peice on. The Back door for the extended battery is larger then the stock door. also the same color as the innocase. so the front peice only looks pretty good on it and the extended back door is like a case as it dosent touch the actual phone. only touches the battery proteciing the phone in a fall or drop. Using the front cover only, blends in to the new back door pretty good ( using an innocase or a rocket fish) .
    can you take pics please? thanks
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    I purchsed the 2800 from Seidio it should be here on Monday. I was persuing the post and saw this
    Amzer SmartCell 3800 mAh Lithium Ion Extended Battery with Black Battery Door For Palm - Palm Pre - Fommy.com

Wow!
    Good catch! Here is a thread about it.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...fe-really.html
    That Amzer one is pretty damn expensive....that's almost the price of the phone...bit hard to swallow! I think most people charge their phone at night, at least I do, so I don't see the point for a battery that will potentially last 2 or 3 days. The description and specifications they give on that website leave much to be desired as well. It would be nice to know exactly how big the new back would be! Then they want you to turn your Pre off for a full 24 hours to charge this monster? Not going to happen...I need my phone, but well, they said "for best performance"....I wonder how much of a performance difference it will make not to charge the battery in your Pre with the Pre off for 24 hours.

Car won't start? let me hook my Pre up to it, we'll jump start it!

We'll see what the reviewers have to say about it!