Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 701
  1. #201  
    Seidio any plans for a case for the pre with the extended battery. Like the innocase. And hopefully if yes its soon. I hate no case.
  2. #202  
    I've been charging mine since 8:00pm. I had to charge it in my phone because I don't have a portable battery charger. It says 100% now, but I'm going to leave it charged and cut off overnight.
  3. #203  
    A couple of things to report:

    First, no need to shim this battery. I took the wedge of business card out that I had holding my 1350 snug. I cannot slam the slider closed hard enough to make the phone reboot with this 2600 in place & new back on the Pre.

    Second, while I've not made or received or made any calls since putting this first 2600 at 10 PM, I've been web surfing, texting, gaming and posting this over the last two hours and I'm still at 100%!
  4. #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by SlapVanVoila View Post
    A couple of things to report:

    ... while I've not made or received or made any calls since putting this first 2600, I've surfing, texting, gaming and posting this over the last two hours and I'm still at 100%!
    WOW!
  5.    #205  
    Quote Originally Posted by SlapVanVoila View Post
    Second, while I've not made or received or made any calls since putting this first 2600 at 10 PM, I've been web surfing, texting, gaming and posting this over the last two hours and I'm still at 100%!
    That is remarkable considering heavy use of my Pre for 2 hours results in at least 50% loss of battery or more.
  6. Longster's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    #206  
    Quote Originally Posted by SlapVanVoila View Post
    A couple of things to report:

    First, no need to shim this battery. I took the wedge of business card out that I had holding my 1350 snug. I cannot slam the slider closed hard enough to make the phone reboot with this 2600 in place & new back on the Pre.

    Second, while I've not made or received or made any calls since putting this first 2600 at 10 PM, I've been web surfing, texting, gaming and posting this over the last two hours and I'm still at 100%!
    Nice! I purchased similar extnd battery for BB Pearl and it lasted me up to 4-5 days of moderate to heavy use. Quite frankly, it holds much better than the original size. Loved it and I'm hoping this battery will do the same for Pre.

    Curious... how does it feels when holding and typing messages. Does the balance feel off or is there something that we should be aware of? I'd imagine the grip is a lot better than the original size.

    Anyway, Keep it coming!
  7. #207  
    I can't wait to get mine, how are pictures looking? That was my main concern, that the camera is kind of in a hole now. The pre takes great pictures , so I would return them if it messes up my pictures. Seidio you suck for sending my batteries priority while everyone is getting them overnight : - (.
  8. neilept's Avatar
    Posts
    216 Posts
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    #208  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Seidio any plans for a case for the pre with the extended battery. Like the innocase. And hopefully if yes its soon. I hate no case.
    I sent Seidio customer service an email asking this same question, and have not received a response yet. I will let you know if I do.
  9. #209  
    Quote Originally Posted by aparigraba View Post
    I can't wait to get mine, how are pictures looking? That was my main concern, that the camera is kind of in a hole now. The pre takes great pictures , so I would return them if it messes up my pictures. Seidio you suck for sending my batteries priority while everyone is getting them overnight : - (.
    Ok, I'm on vacation so I slept in a little bit. However, my phone was on all night and off the charger. It was down to 70% when I woke up at 8 AM. So that's from 100% at 10 PM when it came off the charger, 2 hours of use as described in my earlier post before I called it a day and then on all night. A 30% loss in 10 hours but with only 2 hours of real use. Hard to draw any conclusions but, there it is for what it's worth. Also I'm keeping in mind the leaflet that came with it saying it would take 5 - 6 cycles to see it's full capacity. As this was true of the stock battery too, I'm very optimistic about how long this thing will live on a single charge once it's conditioned.

    Today will be much more telling as I'll use it in a more slightly more typical manner. Remember I'm on vacation so it won't, thankfully, be ringing off the hook like it normally does. At least I hope not. <lol>

    About the camera and flash, I've attached a comparison. When there is a need for flash, there is over exposure. IMO, and stating for credentials sake that I'm a Video Producer/Director, it's caused by the 'tunneling' effect produced by the hole. It concentrates the flash i.e. the light doesn't get to spread or diffuse as widely as it would with the OE back. That said, for situations with plenty of light you can't tell a bit difference.

    In any case, for me, it's not a deal breaker.

    In the spirit of reporting, 90 minutes after the battery being at 70%, checking email, the weather as well as taking these photos (and I took a bunch of the same scene), hooking up to my Mac and transferring them I'm down to 65%.

    -Slappy V
    Attached Images Attached Images
  10. #210  
    Quote Originally Posted by neile45 View Post
    I sent Seidio customer service an email asking this same question, and have not received a response yet. I will let you know if I do.
    Me three. I also asked if anything they currently have will work as they say several holsters will work with the 'extended batteries'. I figure they mean the 1350 that doesn't need the back but, I figured it was worth asking for clarification's sake.
  11. #211  
    Just unplugged my phone at 7AM. I've been checking email, texting and been on the internet thus far. It's still at a 100%. I'm going to see how long it will stay there.
  12. #212  
    Thanks SlapVanVoila... I never really use the flash, so I guess thats fine that it only has a bad effect on photos with flash. I can't wait to get my batteries. : - )
  13. Longster's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    #213  
    That photo shots w/ flash is a pretty big difference imo. Sort of having 2nd thought. I hope they address this "tunneling" effect in the near future.
  14. #214  
    While I'm sure users of this 2600mAh battery are gonna get much better battery life, something tells me that seeing a lengthy 100% charge indicator just means that the Pre isn't able to accurately tell what the charge level is on this third party battery. This certainly isn't unheard of.
  15. #215  
    It's still on 100% after 4 hours of usage.

    My lunch break is coming up and that's when I strongly use my phone. Making phone calls, listening to music, youtube, internet and checking email. When 1:30pm comes, I'll have an update on the percentage.

    I'm loving it so far though.
  16. #216  
    Quote Originally Posted by SlapVanVoila View Post
    ...

    About the camera and flash, I've attached a comparison. When there is a need for flash, there is over exposure. IMO, and stating for credentials sake that I'm a Video Producer/Director, it's caused by the 'tunneling' effect produced by the hole. It concentrates the flash i.e. the light doesn't get to spread or diffuse as widely as it would with the OE back. That said, for situations with plenty of light you can't tell a bit difference.

    In any case, for me, it's not a deal breaker.

    In the spirit of reporting, 90 minutes after the battery being at 70%, checking email, the weather as well as taking these photos (and I took a bunch of the same scene), hooking up to my Mac and transferring them I'm down to 65%.

    -Slappy V
    I was a bit worried about that myself. Hopefully we can get Seidio to chime in on the issue. If the camera is negatively impacted that is a significant downside.
  17. #217  
    SlapVanVoila, do you have GPS and Wifi on as well? I only have my GPS on currently. I probably won't test it out with leaving both on until after my 5th or 6th charge.
  18. edlex's Avatar
    Posts
    657 Posts
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    #218  
    Quote Originally Posted by alan7467 View Post
    While I'm sure users of this 2600mAh battery are gonna get much better battery life, something tells me that seeing a lengthy 100% charge indicator just means that the Pre isn't able to accurately tell what the charge level is on this third party battery. This certainly isn't unheard of.
    This is a good point.
  19. #219  
    After driving around for 2 hours 15 minutes, to be exact, with Pandora running non-stop and after making 4 calls - one of 40 minutes, 1 one 5 minutes, 2 more of about 10 minutes or so each, as well as, checking and reading 9 or 10 emails I was down to 17%.

    I came in the house, hooked the pre up to my home theater system so as to keep listening to Pandora. I walked out side to check the mail and when I came back the Pre was dead. That 17% went in less than 5 minutes. I'm not complaining just reporting.

    So that's from 10 PM last night to 2:15 PM today on a single charge, my use noted in this post and another up there somewhere. Then there's 4 or 5 more cycles before it's *supposed* to reach it's full potential, according to the literature anyway. So far, I'm one happy monkey!

    Since I bought two of these 2600's I simply swapped it out for the one I put on charge last night. I'm spending the rest of the day with my girl and I can assure you I won't be on the phone, or posting here for that matter, until tomorrow some time.

    To answer a question up there, no I don't have WiFi on but I do have GPS on. I used the Homebrew 'Go To' tool waypoint app to mark my Tahoe's position in the several parking lots as I ran errands. Of course, I remembered where I parked but it worked like a charm anyway.
  20. #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by alan7467 View Post
    While I'm sure users of this 2600mAh battery are gonna get much better battery life, something tells me that seeing a lengthy 100% charge indicator just means that the Pre isn't able to accurately tell what the charge level is on this third party battery. This certainly isn't unheard of.
    Yeah, I think you're right. It may be off by as much as 17%. (see my last post)

    But if I get the life I got today, even if it gets no better with the next few cycles, I'll still be one very happy monkey.

Posting Permissions