Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    cool, please post some images when you get them!
    Sure thing!
    Seidio , quick question and suggestion. Are you going to sell the Touchstone extended door without the battery for us that already have the battery and maybe at a discount for us who already purchased the door/battery combo since all we need is the door.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 07/28/2009 at 10:15 PM.
    My new battery will be here tomorrow as well.

Overnight shipping FTW!

I will definitely test it out to see how long this thing can last.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    "no offense taken, but once my business picks up in a few weeks, I will not have time to fuss with changing out batteries in the middle od the day. For my money, the big battery is worth it."

Fair enough, but I dont really get how you can legitimately say you don't have the few seconds to physically swap the battery and probably a minute and 40 seconds total for the whole process including battery swap, power-on and boot. For most of us saving that 1:40 is not worth the equivalent price ($70 shipped) of fourteen Centro batteries shipped, or 12 Centro batteries plus a standalone wall charger to charge packs without the phone, and increasing the thickness of the phone with a new back.

Whatever works, but I'm sure everyone is well aware that the margin in cellular accessories is absolutely enormous. This is from someone who's near in-laws ran a chain of successful cellular accessory stores. I would highly doubt Seidio sources for more than a fifth of what they charge for pack + back.

I know the amount of markup is crazy on this stuff so that's why I try to guide people to save their cash if the scenario fits. In yours, the 2600mah back and pack might do the trick, I just don't think it's worth it in most people's usage scenarios. Probably if they dropped it to half the price I'd sing a different tune.
    Last edited by Arclight; 07/28/2009 at 11:42 PM.
  5.    #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    "no offense taken, but once my business picks up in a few weeks, I will not have time to fuss with changing out batteries in the middle od the day. For my money, the big battery is worth it."

Fair enough, but I dont really get how you can legitimately say you don't have the few seconds to physically swap the battery and probably a minute and 40 seconds total for the whole process including battery swap, power-on and boot. For most of us saving that 1:40 is not worth the equivalent price ($70 shipped) of fourteen Centro batteries shipped, or 12 Centro batteries plus a standalone wall charger to charge packs without the phone, and increasing the thickness of the phone with a new back.

Whatever works, but I'm sure everyone is well aware that the margin in cellular accessories is absolutely enormous. This is from someone who's near in-laws ran a chain of successful cellular accessory stores. I would highly doubt Seidio sources for more than a fifth of what they charge for pack + back.

I know the amount of markup is crazy on this stuff so that's why I try to guide people to save their cash if the scenario fits. In yours, the 2600mah back and pack might do the trick, I just don't think it's worth it in most people's usage scenarios. Probably if they dropped it to half the price I'd sing a different tune.
    I got a pack of 7 Monoprice Pre accessories overnighted to me for $19 yesterday. I then took back my $36 car charger I bought from Best Buy. The markup that some people pay is obviously ridiculous.
    $65 is on the border of asking too much for this battery. I was willing to pay the Amazon deal for this battery ($50 shipped) before Seidio decided to somehiw pull the plug on it. but I can wait it out for the competition to come up with another solution.

Add to that I was given the silent treatment by Seidio in the past when they sold me an entirely useless screen protector for my old PPC-6700 i ve decided to simply wait and see.
    Last edited by neoGTR22; 07/29/2009 at 05:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post

Thank you for the information about the other batteries. I am sure that there are many that will benefit from it. I hope that you will respect that there are also many who will benefit from a larger battery as well, and each one will have their own reasons for needing it.
    Last edited by amateurhack; 07/29/2009 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Pselling
    Carrying around a spare battery is useless to some of us who dont have the room for another battery. Wear shorts alot in the summer, at the pool clubs etc and this is a way better idea than carrying around spare batterys. I tried that with my Centro and I lost or left spare batterys sitting all over the place. One big battery is for some a much better and convienent idea.
    Ok, they're here.

Attached are a few pix of the back from several angles and the battery itself compared to the stock battery. I included a shot of the inside of the back that I brightened up a good bit so you can see the fluting around the camera lens and flash opening. It fits flush around the lens and flash so no dirt or whatnot is gonna get into the body of the phone. I mention it as I recall a post expressing some concern.

Overall, and at this point, I am happy. I really like the feel of the back. I've not put either of the two batteries I received in it yet. One has been charging for about an hour and the leaflet said give them a solid 8 hours. Once it's charged, later this evening, I'll have more idea of the heft the battery adds but I think I'm gonna like it.

My idea in ordering two (I have the desktop charger) was to be able to swap batteries each morning like I did with my Treo 650. We shall see, and I shall report.

Oh! The only bummer, and I kinda expected it so there ya go, was the Pre will no longer fit in my beloved Palm leather belt case. Seidio, if you're out there? Do any of your holsters accommodate the new back? You've probably got one sold here if it you do.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  10.    #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by SlapVanVoila View Post
    Ok, they're here.

Attached are a few pix of the back from several angles and the battery itself compared to the stock battery. I included a shot of the inside of the back that I brightened up a good bit so you can see the fluting around the camera lens and flash opening. It fits flush around the lens and flash so no dirt or whatnot is gonna get into the body of the phone. I mention it as I recall a post expressing some concern.

Overall, and at this point, I am happy. I really like the feel of the back. I've not put either of the two batteries I received in it yet. One has been charging for about an hour and the leaflet said give them a solid 8 hours. Once it's charged, later this evening, I'll have more idea of the heft the battery adds but I think I'm gonna like it.

My idea in ordering two (I have the desktop charger) was to be able to swap batteries each morning like I did with my Treo 650. We shall see, and I shall report.

Oh! The only bummer, and I kinda expected it so there ya go, was the Pre will no longer fit in my beloved Palm leather belt case. Seidio, if you're out there? Do any of your holsters accommodate the new back? You've probably got one sold here if it you do.
    Cool, keep us posted!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Could you tell us how long it lasted before charging again? A review and a photo comparison between the extended and original back cover would be awesome. Might want to make a new thread with different title saying "2600 extended battery review" or something within that context.
    Thanks for the pics, can't wait to get mine.

If you have time, can you snap a photo with the slider open?

TIA

TIA
    Sure but I've gotta run out for a while. I'll also weigh in re: the added weight and the battery life. Though, like I said in my post above, the first battery still has about 7 more hours to go on the charger so that part'll have to be tomorrow evening. I hope evening or, even better (!), the day after tomorrow! Oh dream of dreams! <lol>
    I also received mine, but I'm not at home right now. Since I don't have the extra charger adaptor, I will just charge it up at night with my phone off when I go to bed. So, tomorrow morning I'll put it in full use to see how much life I can get out of it.
    too bsd it won't fit in the leather holster. I was hoping to get it to stuff in there somehow. I'm not opposed to mod-ing the case to make it work until something batter comes out. I learned with my Q9c; I have to have a case, and a screen protector.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactusone View Post
    Just wondering why you decided not to make the back cover compatible with the Touchstone charger? Many Precentral folks, including myself are disappointed.

I have purchased extended batteries from Seidio for all my palm devices, until now
    I had $64 bucks ready to be sent to you..Any future plans?
    They're working on it:
    Thank you for your inquiry. Our product designers are working on developing a battery door for our Innocell 2600mAh battery that is compatible to Palm’s Touchstone. Because this product is in the early stages of its development we’re unable to provide you with an estimated release date. We do recommend periodically checking our online store (seidioonline.com) for product updates.
    That's the response I got from support@seidio. I also asked what about users who buy the battery now, but want the touchstone compatible back? Upgrade deals? They have not yet responded to that
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    They're working on it:

That's the response I got from support@seidio. I also asked what about users who buy the battery now, but want the touchstone compatible back? Upgrade deals? They have not yet responded to that
    Thanks, I just got the same email....so we wait patiently.

Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 800W -> Launch Day Pre (RIP 08/13/10) -> Replacement PRE

TIA
    Here ya go, side view with slider open.

Btw, the battery charger indicates my first one is charged but it's only been 6 hours. I'm playing it safe for, hopefully, max life and leaving it on the full 8 hours.

Also and just FYI the literature says, much like info for the stock battery stated, that it won't reach it's max charge capacity until it's been cycled 5-6 times. So, it may be a few days before the verdict is in regarding life of charge.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    WOw i cant not wait till mine come home, i just barely got mine yesturday and i cant even get through the first half of the day without two charges. ummmm i say "rediculious" sorry but obviously its been argue many time but i hope this will be the solution we have all been waiting for.
    I got the confirmation from FedEx that mine arrives tomorrow. I actually plan on doing some actual testing because I am quite curious as to how accurate their claims of 90% more power are. Also, I would like to be able to take full advantage of my phone without worrying if it will have a charge in 2 hours.