Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    From another thread:

I just received my body guardz; should I put the back skin on, or should I just put on the one for the screen?

My fear is that if I put the back skin on, I won't be able to take the back plate off in order to use my touchstone back or replace the battery.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by mushdog View Post
    From another thread:

I just received my body guardz; should I put the back skin on, or should I just put on the one for the screen?

My fear is that if I put the back skin on, I won't be able to take the back plate off in order to use my touchstone back or replace the battery.

Any suggestions?
    I have the touchstone back and I did not put it on the back because I of the finish on the touchstone. If it was the normal back I would have put it on. It should not prevent you from removing the back.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    So I should be able to take the back off once I put the protector on, huh? Thanks for the quick reply.

Yeah, I plan the cover the "standard" back with the protector; there's no reason to cover my touchstone back.

Alvin, did you use bodyguardz on you pre? If so, what do you think of it? Most ppl on this site either use the IS or phantom skinz.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    I have the Bodyguardz and LOVE it...by far the best. Just be sure to use the soapy water in a dish method to get a flawless result. It took me two times to find this out but it came out like glass once I tried this way!
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    ^^I don't know what you mean by "dish" method, sorry. Does the bodyguardz reduce the responsiveness of the touch screen?

I put the skins on. I have a few bubbles, nothing major, I hope (seems some of the fluid is caught, I figure that'll dry in a day or two).

It seems very filmy under the protector, I figure it's from the solution they give you. I hope this dries clear. They said not to worry about using too much solution. You really have to, otherwise it's impossible to move the skin once you place it down.

I won't know if I've got any fingerprints on the underside of the protector until everything dries. We'll see.

I do like like the feel of the protector to the touch though.
    So I should be able to take the back off once I put the protector on, huh? Thanks for the quick reply.

Yeah, I plan the cover the "standard" back with the protector; there's no reason to cover my touchstone back.

Alvin, did you use bodyguardz on you pre? If so, what do you think of it? Most ppl on this site either use the IS or phantom skinz.
    Yes I did and I love it. I have used IS in the past and Bodygaurdz has a better feel to it.

The pic to the left is my Pre with Bodygaurdz. Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    ^^I don't know what you mean by "dish" method, sorry.
    i know you already did yours, but for the benefit of others:

using a dish of soapy water rather than the proprietary spray bottle solution to keep your fingertips wet when handling (touching the adhesive side of) the skin.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    After about 20 hours or so, most of the bubbles I had have reduced in size. I still have a few annoying ones on the touchscreen side, but the seem to be filled with fluid, not dust particles. The back side's almost perfect. I hope that after another day or two, all the bubbles will dissipate. However, on the touchscreen side, there does seem to be a "film" of sorts that's visible under the skin which I'm sure is from the solution. Hopfully this will go away.

The bodyguardz don't seem to impede the functionality of the touchscreen at all, which is great.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    After a few days, I still have those bubbles on my touch screen side, although they have reduced in size a bit. At this point, I don't think they'll disappear, so I may have to pull the skin off and do it again. It's not a huge deal, but a slight annoyance none-the-less.