Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 54
  1. Jeff80's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
       #21  
    mine should be here tomorrow. i'll post a video review as soon as i get it.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff80 View Post
    mine should be here tomorrow. i'll post a video review as soon as i get it.
    and you should do a "vaja, 6 months later" review too!
  3. #23  
    maduhbee, just wondering, which type of case did you get (type/colors)?

    I have had 2 prior to the pre, both with the blue/black color scheme and have not had any trouble with any colors rubbing off.

    I also have not had any problems with the leather at all, I would beat those things up daily.

    Think the only thing the cases have on them is a few indentations (thanks keys!), but no rips or tearing. I did finally put some conditioner recently (2 & 3 years after I got them, respectively), just to clean it up a bit. The pre one is also holding up just fine.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbid View Post
    that sounds dirty
    lol
  5. Jeff80's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
       #25  
    woohoo! i got mine today its a beautiful lookin case. its just a lil bit of a tight fit cuz i have the invisible shield on. i'll try to break in the leather and post again in a couple weeks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  6. cooknn's Avatar
    Posts
    388 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    #26  
    [EDITED]
    I just received my Vaja iVolution Deco.
    Okay, I was very apprehensive when I first opened the box and saw how tight my phone fit in the case. But then I decided to rough it up a little bit and try to break it in. I crunched it in my hand as much as I could without killing it. Several times. My phone slips in a little better now. I'm really starting to dig my new Vaja case

    Here are a couple pic's.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cooknn; 07/27/2009 at 05:19 PM.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
  7. #27  
    Looks very chic and classy but how much more protection does it actually provide other than the cosmetic/fashion statement?
    PalmPilot 5000 --> Handspring Visor Prism --> Palm 505 --> Treo 650 ---> Palm Pre
  8. cooknn's Avatar
    Posts
    388 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamPalm View Post
    Looks very chic and classy but how much more protection does it actually provide other than the cosmetic/fashion statement?
    It's actually very solid. If I was to drop the phone in this case I'm sure it would be fine (as long as it didn't land directly on the top). Also, I feel better about keeping it in my front pocket, because if I bump something, I'm fairly sure this case will protect it.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
  9. bbkat's Avatar
    Posts
    174 Posts
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff80 View Post
    woohoo! i got mine today its a beautiful lookin case. its just a lil bit of a tight fit cuz i have the invisible shield on. i'll try to break in the leather and post again in a couple weeks.
    great pics

    could you please comment on the clip? I wasn't patient enough to navigate their slooow site. How does it work? Is there another piece that it clips into? How solid is it?

    thanks!
  10. Jeff80's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
       #30  
    Its just a fixed belt clip so the pre stays vertical, nothing is added to it. As for the quality, it feels unbreakable. It is so rigid that its kinda difficult to clip it to my belt. I wouldve preferred an ultra clip instead, i dont know why there wasnt an option for it. But anyways, i got the clip so it would free up my front pocket. I feel that the pouch is durable enough to be out in the open.
  11. schlave's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #31  
    Cooknn - is your second color "vibrant orange?" Looks really good in your shots.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    [EDITED]

    Okay, I was very apprehensive when I first opened the box and saw how tight my phone fit in the case. But then I decided to rough it up a little bit and try to break it in. I crunched it in my hand as much as I could without killing it. Several times. My phone slips in a little better now. I'm really starting to dig my new Vaja case

    Here are a couple pic's.
    I know Vaja gives you the option for personalization with text, did you actually have "Cooknn's Pre" engraved on yours? hehe
    PalmPilot 5000 --> Handspring Visor Prism --> Palm 505 --> Treo 650 ---> Palm Pre
  13. cooknn's Avatar
    Posts
    388 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlave View Post
    Cooknn - is your second color "vibrant orange?" Looks really good in your shots.
    Yes, it is. Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by jamPalm View Post
    I know Vaja gives you the option for personalization with text, did you actually have "Cooknn's Pre" engraved on yours? hehe
    Yes, I did
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    Also, I feel better about keeping it in my front pocket, because if I bump something, I'm fairly sure this case will protect it.
    do you mean front shirt pocket or or front pant pocket? I don't like belt clips because I don't think a smartphone is a fashion accessory hehe, so I mostly keep it in my front shirt pocket, when I don't have a front shirt pocket, it goes to my front pant pocket, and this is where I am most afraid to break it.
    PalmPilot 5000 --> Handspring Visor Prism --> Palm 505 --> Treo 650 ---> Palm Pre
  15. Fixxxer's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    #35  
    I ordered my Vaja case last week. I went with the Black and Steel Grey trim. I also got it with the belt clip. I use my phone constantly throughout the day at work. I also wear suits each day so I wanted a case that was slim and looked nice. I ended up getting a cheap case right when the Pre came out so I am looking forward to getting something nicer. With my last phone the Treo I had a case that was made by Tumi that held up very well.

    The only other cases I considered were the ones manuafactured by Fortte. They seem to have quality leather and nice designs. I will post some pics when my Vaja case comes in.
  16. cooknn's Avatar
    Posts
    388 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamPalm View Post
    do you mean front shirt pocket or or front pant pocket?
    Without the belt clip this case is perfect for the front pants pocket.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
  17. TritonB7's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #37  
    I just ordered mine with a black body and lilac gray stripes.
  18. Fixxxer's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    #38  
    I received mine a couple of days ago. I am going to have to post some pictures. The quality is great and it looks amazing. However, there is one MAJOR issue and that is the size.

    I use my phone all day long at work and I literally could not get the phone out of its case a number of times. I had the touchstone back on it which adds a little bit of bulk. I actually put the original back on and it is a little bit better but still very tight.

    I cannot understand why they made this case so tight. I have mine on a belt clip and I have to struggle and use two hands everytime I want to remove it.

    My only hope is that the leather will break in and it will become easy to use after a week or so.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixxxer View Post
    I received mine a couple of days ago. I am going to have to post some pictures. The quality is great and it looks amazing. However, there is one MAJOR issue and that is the size.

    I use my phone all day long at work and I literally could not get the phone out of its case a number of times. I had the touchstone back on it which adds a little bit of bulk. I actually put the original back on and it is a little bit better but still very tight.

    I cannot understand why they made this case so tight. I have mine on a belt clip and I have to struggle and use two hands everytime I want to remove it.

    My only hope is that the leather will break in and it will become easy to use after a week or so.
    It will get looser, I can tell you that for a fact. Mine's not that bad anymore. I believe another member kinda pushed the sides inwards for a few seconds which helped with the tightness.
  20. TritonB7's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by PaSt View Post
    It will get looser, I can tell you that for a fact. Mine's not that bad anymore. I believe another member kinda pushed the sides inwards for a few seconds which helped with the tightness.
    How long does it take to break the case in? Right now I have the touchstone back and Phantom Skinz for the front of my phone. I still have a while before I get mine in.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions