Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Engadget, says that this battery will add battery life and still as slim as original battery. It will still work correctly with the touchstone, right?

seidioonline. com/]seidioonline.com ProductDetails. asp?ProductCode=BASI13PMX3]Innocell 1350mAh Extended Life Battery
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    a) Yes it works with the touchstone
    b) We already know about it and there are several threads about it in the accessories forum. It's best to do a quick search for a topic before posting:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ery-today.html
    Yes it still works with the touchstone. A friend got it and told me about it but I'm waiting for the 2600 mAh model with soft-touch backcover since I really need an EXTENDED life.
    Quote Originally Posted by T0F3R View Post
    Yes it still works with the touchstone. A friend got it and told me about it but I'm waiting for the 2600 mAh model with soft-touch backcover since I really need an EXTENDED life.
    Yep, that is my plan as well. This phone is so thin and light that a few extra mm's of thickness means nothing to double the battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Yep, that is my plan as well. This phone is so thin and light that a few extra mm's of thickness means nothing to double the battery life.
    I've decided I'm going to go this route as well, since I've found I never use the belt case I bought for the phone... After putting the BSE on, my pocket is plenty safe for the phone now...
    I wonder how much the 2600mah will go for
    Quote Originally Posted by smithwicks View Post
    I wonder how much the 2600mah will go for
    Life wise? Its over double the mAh of the stock battery, so over double the amount of time the stock will.
    when is the 2600 version due?
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnienyc View Post
    when is the 2600 version due?
    It's not seido but there is a 2800mAH battery due out soon here: Palm Pre Accessories Store - Batteries, Bluetooth Car Kits, Cables, Cases, Chargers, Cradles, Headphones, Memory Cards, Stylus- Fommy.com
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KallDrexx View Post
    Certainly looks promising. I have the Seidio 1350 mAh battery and there's a noticable difference in battery life (I can now make it through the whole day without putting my phone on the hockey puck).

Speaking of pucks...the Amzer battery listed above says that it comes with a new back cover (understandable...it's a bigger battery). The question is, is the replacement cover Touchstone compatible, or is it just a molded hunk-o-plastic back cover?

I have a couple of Touchstones (one at home and one at work). I don't want to give up this very-handy accessory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    Certainly looks promising. I have the Seidio 1350 mAh battery and there's a noticable difference in battery life (I can now make it through the whole day without putting my phone on the hockey puck).

Speaking of pucks...the Amzer battery listed above says that it comes with a new back cover (understandable...it's a bigger battery). The question is, is the replacement cover Touchstone compatible, or is it just a molded hunk-o-plastic back cover?

I have a couple of Touchstones (one at home and one at work). I don't want to give up this very-handy accessory.
    Its not gonna be Touchstone compatible, itd have to have a 2nd battery for that... I'm also pretty certain if it was, they'd be hyping that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Its not gonna be Touchstone compatible, itd have to have a 2nd battery for that... I'm also pretty certain if it was, they'd be hyping that.
    Non-touchstone makes it a no go for me. I use a Touchstone by the bed and another in front of the keyboard at work. I like the idea of a bigger battery for long weekend use, but not enough to give up touchstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Non-touchstone makes it a no go for me. I use a Touchstone by the bed and another in front of the keyboard at work. I like the idea of a bigger battery for long weekend use, but not enough to give up touchstone.
    Touchstone is a neat accessory, but anywhere I would have a touchstone, I can just as easily plug the phone in. I'll take 3-4 days of standby over a touchstone any time, I'm very good about plugging my phone in anyways.
    Palm PrPrPr&#$275$; $Batteries$

Innocell 1350 mAh Available: NOW Innocell 1350mAh Extended Life Battery
    Pros: Same size as Original, works w/ touchstone, available NOW
    Cons: Only 20% improvment

Innocell 2600 mAh Available: In Development Innocell Extended Life Battery
    Pros: Double capasity, comes w/ soft-touch backcover
    Cons: Increases depth, NO touchstone use, not yet available, Price?

Amzer SmartCell 2800 mAh Available: 7/10 Treo Accessories - Blackberry Accessories - Blackberry Case, Blackberry Bluetooth, Blackberry Charger, Blackberry Battery, Cell Phone Accessories - Fommy.com
    Pros: Largest available, comes w/ backcover
    Cons: Backcover is shiny black, Price, NO touchstone use, increases depth
    I'll soon have a touchstone at home and at work, so I will no longer need to ration out my usage during the day. I can use it heavily and still be charged. So, I do not see a need for an extended battery at this time.

However, once my OEM battery starts to give diminishing returns (due to a natural degradation of the cells in Li-Ion batteries). I will look into the 1350 mAh version, as it is currently the only one that will work with the touchstone.

Touchstone support = critical (IMHO)
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I thought the Seidio rep that visits here hadn't yet determined if they were making the larger battery with a touchstone back? It's very possible they will bring the battery out first, then work on a touchstone compatible back. I know alot of users, me included expressed interest in the extended battery ONLY if it was going to be touchstone compatible.
    any pictures of the amzer 2800 battery cover?
    Amzer® SmartCell 2800 mAh Lithium Ion Extended Battery with Black Battery Door For Palm Pre
    SKU: 83630
    Price: $ 89.95
    Amzer® SmartCell 1400 mAh Slim Extended Battery For Palm Pre ! It works! I've been using it for 3 days now! I did notice a small difference in the first day!

But after I charge it up for the second day! WOW! I notice a big difference .

I went the whole day with out it charging it! You need to give this battery a chance. You won't see any major results after the second day you charge it!

I let it charge on my Touchstone charger for a couple of hours the second ( Day 2 )time around!

I don't know if the Touchstone charger made a big difference !

But I did notice A BIG DIFFERENCE! after the second charge!

It always good to have a second option on buying other batterys!

I hope I have help you all that are thinking in buying a extended battery!

I'll be honest! I wasn't thinking in buying it ! But I did! It's working for me!

Here is the link where to buy it! If any of you are interested!
    Palm Pre Accessories Store - Batteries, Bluetooth Car Kits, Cables, Cases, Chargers, Cradles, Headphones, Memory Cards, Stylus- Fommy.com
    can you charge batteries by placing them directly on the touchstone? or do they need to be inside the phone?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast