Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I guess I'm spoiled by the clearness of not having screen protector for so long.

I finally received and installed my screen protector yesterday. It was sort of a ***** to take my case off and pop the battery cover off (never had to handle my Pre so aggressively..haha).

Well after getting it on and putting back my case, I realized having a screen protector sucks!!! No bubbles or anything like that, but for some reason everything looks noisy...as in picture noise.

Unless someone can recommend something better, I'm gonna just continue to do what I've been doing - putting it in the pocket with no keys or change ; )

People going w/o a screen protector please chime in : )
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    I definitely agree the screen protectors hurt the look of the device. I didn't have a screen protector on my LG Incite or my old Treo and never had a problem. I did use a case for both of those so the screen was indented a little and not consistently rubbing against my pants pocket. For the Pre, I have used the case that came with it and have been devoting a pocket solely to it and have had no issues yet. Note that I have only had the phone since 7/2/09.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by chadh88 View Post
    I definitely agree the screen protectors hurt the look of the device. I didn't have a screen protector on my LG Incite or my old Treo and never had a problem. I did use a case for both of those so the screen was indented a little and not consistently rubbing against my pants pocket. For the Pre, I have used the case that came with it and have been devoting a pocket solely to it and have had no issues yet. Note that I have only had the phone since 7/2/09.
    I think once I got my plastic case and abandoned the suede "sleeping bag", I was ok with it just the way it is....ordered the screen protector just because.

I agree about the way it looks. The last 6 mos or so with my Treo, I didn't have a screen protector and the screen never got scratched. It was also so much vibrant w/o protector. Plus I think on the pre the swiping is more responsive w/o protector.
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    I went naked for the first time ever on a phone. I always had a screen protector with my other phone never really drop them to damage them. Since i had the pre a week after launch i dropped it twice and got a small crack on the side of the phone, some scratches on the screen from it. I was pissed. I put on a mirror screen protector on it. A little thicker so doing no bubbles was easy and its cool too. Turn it on you can see the screen turn off screen you see yourself. I keep it for a little longer but I still love the naked feel.
    bah i just wrote a thread asking for the same "naked" truth. Subscribing now

But yes, i feel naked feels the best, but i am worried about it scratching.
    Mine is naked since Day 1. Dropped it once on pavement, luckily no scratches.

Make sure if you keep it in your pocket (no keys or change) face the screen TOWARD your leg. If you bump into a desk or counter you are a lot less likely to crack your screen.
    I'm keeping mine screenprotectorless, but unless I'm in a very controlled environment (the office environment I spend most working hours) I slide the Pre inside an old leather/plastic case I used for my Treo 755p.
    Call me cheap, but i didnt want to scratch my screen but spent all my money on the phone upgrade so i just kept the plastic screen that comes on phone out of the box. I just cut the top tab (to make it easier to pull off). Haha I got scatches on the plastic but not on the screen! Sucess!
    I have an Invisible shield.
    First application didn't go too well, second one is near perfect.. I can't even tell it's on there, other than the touch being a little different.

I never used a screen protector and always ended up scratching my screens, started using one when I had my iPhone and will never own a touchscreen device without a protector on it.

They're well worth it and will increase your resale value when you eventually change to another phone, in two years or whenever.

Just MHO.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by showson1 View Post
    I have an Invisible shield.
    First application didn't go too well, second one is near perfect.. I can't even tell it's on there, other than the touch being a little different.

I never used a screen protector and always ended up scratching my screens, started using one when I had my iPhone and will never own a touchscreen device without a protector on it.

They're well worth it and will increase your resale value when you eventually change to another phone, in two years or whenever.

Just MHO.
    Seconded.
    I had my Pre since launch day and have tried two different screen protectors. The First was IS, tried it out for a week, and did not like the look or feel (too rubbery). The Second was ScreenGuardz, I also tried this one out for a week, and didn't like the look but the feel was a bit better than IS.

In the end, I decided I didn't want a screen protector realizing all the risks involved of not having one.

I'm enjoying my naked Pre!
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    How long wpuld a naked screen need to ride in tour pocket full of keys and change befire the screen got so scrathed up that it looked like a protected screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by rmbwebs View Post
    How long wpuld a naked screen need to ride in tour pocket full of keys and change befire the screen got so scrathed up that it looked like a protected screen?
    If your protected screen looks bad, you either screwed up the install, or you got a skin from a bad batch of material (this CAN happen). Otherwise, a good, properly applied shield should have no impact on the screen's clarity.

Once you scratch up a screen (not if, but when), on the other hand, you will see it, it is permanent, and it may distort the screen. Some people are very tolerant to scratches, though, so this is all a matter of taste.

But to answer your question, I'd say about 30 secs!
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    I kept the plastic cover which came on my Pre on the phone for a couple of weeks. I peeled it off to see some pretty decent resolution on the the phone. I have not even thought about getting any screen protector. Every morning I wipe the front off with a damp towel, dry it and put it in it's "sleeping bag" and drop it in my front pants pocket. When I get to work, I leave it sitting on top of the sleeping bag. Does it get smudgy during the day? Of course it does. You only really notice it when the screen is off or there is a dark image displayed. Other than that, I'm enjoying looking at this beauty.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I'm using bodygaurdz and it's by far the best... wraps the contour of the phone perfectly, as well as the cutouts are perfectly aligned and after a couple of days after install, it is unnoticeable.
    boxwave clear works awesome!
    I second the Boxwave ClearTouch-Crystal. I received mine yesterday and was surprised to see there were two protectors included (one as in the picture shown on the website and one that covers the entire face)

The one that covers the entire face of the phone completely surrounds the earpiece instead of just partially covering the bottom of the earpiece (as shown on their website)
    Mine is naked, and it will stay that way. I'm very carefull with it, so thta my 2 centabos on the matter.

Now, if the device wasn't so rounded in shape, a screen protector would of been installed since day one.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I bought an IS but have not put it on... I think my pre is gonna stay naked.

I have been pretty careful and lucky with it so far (knock on wood). So hopefully it will be ok, if not I always got the insurance...
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I'm quite happy with the original screen protector... just cut the tab at the top!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast