Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    I just found out the hard way that this Holster will ruin the lower back cover corners of your Bodyguardz skin.

I guess because the skin makes the Pre slightly thicker, getting the phone in and out of the holster is a little tight.

My flawless Bodyguardz installation now has two chewed up back edges after one day of use. Too bad...because I've purchased the Seidio holster for my last 4 phones and love them.

Anyone know of a skin that might be a little less thick? I'm also thinking of taking out the felt piece on the inside of the holster to see if that makes for a little more room for the "skinned" phone.

I''ll post some damage pics later...ugggh
    Quote Originally Posted by scott500 View Post
    I just found out the hard way that this Holster will ruin the lower back cover corners of your Bodyguardz skin.

I guess because the skin makes the Pre slightly thicker, getting the phone in and out of the holster is a little tight.

My flawless Bodyguardz installation now has two chewed up back edges after one day of use. Too bad...because I've purchased the Seidio holster for my last 4 phones and love them.

Anyone know of a skin that might be a little less thick? I'm also thinking of taking out the felt piece on the inside of the holster to see if that makes for a little more room for the "skinned" phone.

Not IS, same thing happens.
    Does it ruin the front skin, or just the back skin? I have the touchstone back and don't want to cover it, but want protection for the front

Thanks
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scott500 View Post

Do you mean this holster? http://store.precentral.net/seidio-h.../4A24A5636.htm

I had one of these for the Samsung Blackjack as it appealed to my need to keep the device thin and provide quick access without having a heavy leather brick on my belt.
    However the release clip design on that holster ended up scratching my screen. This happened because as you lift the clip up the opposite edge of the clip pushed against the top of the screen.

I notice this design is not set up lik that and the clip just moves back with no opposite edge moving towards the screen.

However on the odd ocassion when getting out of the car the phone would fall from the clip because the seat or seat belt raised the clip. Whilst my samsung blackjack was quite a sturdy device, having the same happen to my Pre would not result in a happy result if it hit the floor.

I would be interested in how you get on with the clip because I love the concept.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    What he is talking about is the two little ears at the bottom of the holster that keep the phone in place. These are very tight to begin with. I had the same problem with my Invisible Shield. It can be easily fixed with a heat gun. I put my heat gun on the lowest setting and heat each ear for about 10 seconds (just long enough to make the plastic pliable). Use good judgement here! If you apply the heat for too long you will melt your holster. Once you heat the ear, just bend it out very slightly. It doesn't take much since all your trying to do it angle the ear away from the phone a couple millimeters. And above all, don't be an ***** and heat it with your phone in the holster! Mine works perfectly now and doesn't rub my shield at all.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Moe....

Thanks for the tip....here are the pics of what it did to mine..

Scott
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I found the holster to be too tight with the BodyGuardz also, so took a multitool and bent the "feet" out a bit. Now they no longer push up on the BG corners, and the phone fits a lot better in general. If you hold the clip open, there's a gap of about 1/16th inch between the top of the phone and that piece at the top of the holster.

Was bummed when I first got the holster but now that it's been tweaked a bit, I love it again.
    Nice as that holster looks, that's why I never got one. I knew it would chew up my IS. And yes, for those that are wondering, this type of clip holster will chew up ANY type of stick-on shield. The thickness of the shield has nothing to do with it.