1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried one of these silicone cases from fommy? Fommy Silicone Cases

My only concern is touchstone compatibility. I plan to purchase a touchstone pretty soon and would have for this not to work with it. So it's a tossup between this case and the Innocase from Seidio
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Can't say for sure, but would doubt it would allow touchstone to connect properly.
    I just ordered the blue one of these. Hopefully it works well and fits nicely because it was for a good price and I prefer silicon cases
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    oh tell me how well it turns out because it would project the phone from shock. if you can easily take off the back with it then i'm in for one because i'm going to have a touchstone
    I ordered the Blue (Jelly version, make sure it's the jelly version). The regular silicone versions I ordered were a waste of money.

I'm waiting for the jelly blue version to arrive.

Most of these so called silicone cases are a sort of hard plastic and they don't fit great and you can't use them with the touchstone unless you get out a dremil and cut a hole on the back to allow the touchstone to get to the back.

I had gotten the blue and red and even though they don't really fit great, they do look great.

I believe they will get these things to work but right now it's a crap shoot and they are so cheap that its not worth sending back, so these guys are making money on this stuff. I'm out a lot of money already testing this crap out. But it was my decision.

I'll let you all know if the jelly version works any better.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    well i'm assuming if the current versions of these cases dont work it means the back needs to be thinner regardless of whether they are soft or hard. they would need an indentation on the back

otherwise the back would need to be easily taken off
    Ok. I just got the silicon case. Now I will say this was shipped supwr quci to me and I really appreciate it. I wish I could say the same about tthe case. It is an ok case but it doesn't really tuck into the corners of the pre or anything...it kind of just lays on the front and back and the "stickiness" of the silicon is supposed to keep it in place...but I can already tell this is going to come off if I have it in my pocket or even in my purse. The back sticks on better than the front piece but the front piece starts coming off when you just slide the phone open. Also think that my invisible shield helps it fit on and stick on better than it would without the shield, but its still not good enough. I doubt this case will stay on the phone the whole day especially if you have it in your pocket....it does look pretty nice when its on but it just does not seem like it is going to stay in place. I am probably going to return it, or just use it until I get a seidio innocase...

Another thing: the power button is kind of hard to push bc is is covered so that's also annoying. I
    really wish this case had worked out nicer bc the idea is nice and it does look good and it wouldn't require me to get rid of my IS like the innocase would....maybe I will just tru putting timy drops of super glue on the cornes of the case and it will stick nicely?

EDIT: ok the more I use the case the more I like it. The back sticks on really well its just the front does come off kind of easily...I really am considering carefully gluing the front case to my IS. Anf the power button problem is annoying but I could probably cut out the part over it. I mean this case is pretty nice but the front coming off is what worries me.I am just going to super glue itand see how it works tomorrow at work for the whole day
    Last edited by sxelsharif; 07/11/2009 at 11:59 PM. Reason: More details
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sxelsharif View Post
    EDIT: ok the more I use the case the more I like it. The back sticks on really well its just the front does come off kind of easily...I really am considering carefully gluing the front case to my IS. Anf the power button problem is annoying but I could probably cut out the part over it. I mean this case is pretty nice but the front coming off is what worries me.I am just going to super glue itand see how it works tomorrow at work for the whole day
    Don't use super glue cuz then you will have to take the IS off if you decide to get a different color or something. You can pick up this tacky glue stuff at the hardware store. It make whatever you put it on have this tacky stickiness too it. It would hold the case on the front but allow you to separate it from the IS should you decide to get a new one. And with the IS taxture I could see you being able to clean the stickiness off if you decided to go without the case later.
    Pre
    ppcgeeks.com ---- ajk511
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    can you post pictures?
  10.    #10  
    Yes...pictures please. Based on that review I think I'll look at either the rubberized hardcase, an Innocase, or rocketfish case.
    man... reading all these reviews is making my head hurt... LoL
    I was all ready to go out and get the IS for my pre, and then I hear how horrible it is..
    Then I hear about PhantomSkinz and I hear they too are horrible...
    So I was gonna get the RocketFish hard case, but I hear now that people are having the phone heat up.... I definatly do not like that. My touch pro heated up like a beast so a hard case seems like a bad idea... I guess I gotta go and try them all to find one I like.
    just use some photo mount and spray a little on the inside of the case then it will come off easily if you ever take it off.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I will post pics as soon as I can...possibly by tomorrow night when I have access to my camera. I really do like this case as of now...I am considering getting a different color because the blue ispaler than that of the picture. I did use super glue but itsretty cheap super glue so it didn't stick to well anyway. I wish I had read about the tacky glue or what ever but I am just going to get a diffdrent color of this case and glue it on with the adheseve you guys are recomending. On a side note: Do you guys think the super glue ate through the IS? I haven't taken it off yet and I won't till I get my new one, but I'm also kind of afraid to look and see super glue on my pre...
    I posted pictures and a review on everythingpre.com. Unfortuantely, I can't post a link since I'm a new member to this forum, so I'm going to try to give you all the path by removing the "www".

everythingpre.com/forum/palm-pre-cases/amzer-silicone-case-21877.html#post112540

If that doesn't work, go to everythingpre.com/forums and head to the Palm Pre Cases sub-forum.

Look for the thread titled, "amzer silicone case".

Good luck!

Karla
    ok, after having this case a little longer, the super glue has come off, and it looks messy and my IS looks pretty bad now. so this case is ok on the back, but the front will just not stay on. here is soccerbud's review; i will post her link since she is not able to and she has pictures

amzer silicone case - Palm Pre Forums

so she gives a good review about it, and she has nice pictures. i'm just going to return the other one i ordered and get the innocase and get a body guardz or which ever is cheapest and cut off the edges so it will fit in the innocase.
  16.    #16  
    Appreciate the review soccerbud. A little disappointed to hear twice now how easy it is for the pieces to slip off. Sounds like a rubberized hard case or the innocase is going to be my choice.
    You're welcome! I'm glad I could help!

I'm not going to worry about a case for now. I currently use the free pouch that came with the phone. When that's combined with the TS back and PhantomSkinz on the front...I think the phone is pretty well covered!

I could see it being harder for guys though. Us ladies have the luxury of purses, which helps our phones stay scratch free a little easier.

Karla