Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1.    #1  
    has anyone seen a car mount that doesn't cover the pre's charging connection?
  2. viperx100's Avatar
    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #2  
    Sure! It's called a TouchStone.
  3. nhavar's Avatar
    Posts
    285 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    #3  
    Amazon.com: Premium Universal Windshield Car Mount Holder with Large Suction Cup For Apple iPhone 3G, iPhone, Touch, Classic: Office Products

    I use one similar to this. It's adjustable, rotatable, and the sides spread open to accommodate units that have a plug on the side. Feels a little cheap but it does it's job very well.
  4. joelvds's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    #4  
    I have the iGrip universal vent mount. It can be flipped upside down if you move the bottome supports. One way with the Pre closed the usb port is available inside the open hoop grip in the side. I have mine flipped the other way and keep my Pre open and the port is very accessible. I love it. I have been meaning to take a picture of my setup and post it here.

    Here is the link to amazons listing (I purchased on ebay for cheaper)
    Amazon.com: Just Mobile Direct iGRIP Mini Gripper Phone Holder with Vent Mount: Cell Phones & Service
  5. #6  
    that looks too bulky for such a small phone
  6. nhavar's Avatar
    Posts
    285 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    that looks too bulky for such a small phone
    It's not really as big as it appears.
  7. #8  
    I just turned my mount sideways so that it grips the Pre from the Top/Bottom instead of the sides. I don't recall which brand I have, but it was a generic GPS mount I picked up from Best Buy
  8. #9  
    I just mounted a Touchstone on my old Satellite radio mount. Makes it easy and clean.
  9. #10  
    d0lph1nK1ng

    How has your windsheld/vent mount been holding up after daily use?

    And do you use the vent mount option or suction cup on the windshield?

    I have been looking for vent mount that will alow charging through the micro-usb port. Can you confirm it works with a car charger? And if it seems like there is enough room to use any car charger or if you reccomend a specific one?

    I will not be using touchstone in my car for obvious reasons. So any repliers try to stick to the questions at hand.

    I am talking about the mount in d0lph1nK1ng's post.
  10.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aclypse View Post
    d0lph1nK1ng

    How has your windsheld/vent mount been holding up after daily use?

    And do you use the vent mount option or suction cup on the windshield?

    I have been looking for vent mount that will alow charging through the micro-usb port. Can you confirm it works with a car charger? And if it seems like there is enough room to use any car charger or if you reccomend a specific one?

    I will not be using touchstone in my car for obvious reasons. So any repliers try to stick to the questions at hand.

    I am talking about the mount in d0lph1nK1ng's post.
    Holding up great! I love it. I use the vent mount. You can even move the top and bottom part of each side-arm holder apart so that you can take out the Pre while still being plugged in. It works with a car charger, plenty of room. Enjoy!
  11. #12  
    Pro-Clip is working on one for the Pre. I'm currently using my old Treo 755p version but it blocks the USB port so I will replace it with the Pre when it is available ... gww
  12. #13  
    For $3.20, this mount is PERFECT! Doesn't cover the charging port, has options for suction cup, dash mount, or A/C Vent mount! All for $3.20! can't really beat that!

    For only $2.62 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Universal GPS Car Mount Holder | For Garmin or go to monoprice.com and search for item #5272
  13. #14  
    Audemars02 have you actually used that product?

    It does seem like a great price but I personally always get what I pay for and when I go cheap I more than not regret it.


    I'm glad to hear that though Dolphin I am seriously considering that mount, does it cushion your pre? In other words there aren't and hard/sharp/rough areas that grip the pre causing scratching etc?
  14. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aclypse View Post
    Audemars02 have you actually used that product?

    It does seem like a great price but I personally always get what I pay for and when I go cheap I more than not regret it.


    I'm glad to hear that though Dolphin I am seriously considering that mount, does it cushion your pre? In other words there aren't and hard/sharp/rough areas that grip the pre causing scratching etc?
    Yes, i have it and have been using it for a week now. It has cushions on the sides, as well as a sticker to put on the back to cushion the back (it comes with a plastic cover to house a picture behind the phone, but I took that pic and the cover off). I totally recommend it!
  15. #16  
    A side note... I just looked at the ebay listing... while the suction cup/mount piece of it looks different, the holder itself looks almost the same as the Monoprice mount... just some slight variations on the back of the unit, but otherwise looks the same (and 25% the price!)
  16. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    A side note... I just looked at the ebay listing... while the suction cup/mount piece of it looks different, the holder itself looks almost the same as the Monoprice mount... just some slight variations on the back of the unit, but otherwise looks the same (and 25% the price!)
    With the orientation of my car a dash mount or vent mount would be the ideal solution for me. So Audemars02 my question is how well does the dash mount work, and the vent mount?
  17. madolen's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    #18  
    I picked up a 10$ universal dash mount for Ipods from best buy, i had to trim on side with a box cutter but it works amazingly
  18. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aclypse View Post
    With the orientation of my car a dash mount or vent mount would be the ideal solution for me. So Audemars02 my question is how well does the dash mount work, and the vent mount?
    The Dash Mount is done by taping a plastic disk down to the dash so the suction cup has something to lock in on... I personally did not want to tape anything to my dash, so I haven't even tried this out. As for the vent, it's a totally satisfactory vent. it basically comes with 2 plastic spring-loaded pieces that attach to the vent and to the mount. The reason I say that it's just "satisfactory" is that you can not angle the mount at all...it just has to stay straight on from the vent. In my car, the vent is more angled to the center of the car and it's not ideal for me in the driver seat. But, if the vent is angled right for you, the vent mount would work just fine as well!

    hope this helps
  19. Rhody's Avatar
    Posts
    703 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #20  
    They are expensive, but I really want a Kuda mount for the Pre. The one for the Acura CL looks great. I just don't know which add-on to get.

    Here's the link for the Kuda Web site:
    kudausa - KUDA car custom color leather mounts for mobile electronics

    Here's the link for the Kuda mount for the Acura CL so you can see what I'm talking about:
    KUDA mount and holder ACURA - TL/CL (99-03)

    Here's a list of the add-ons that make the mount specific to your device:
    KUDA mount and holder ipod pda xm vehicle mounts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions