Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have been using the Monoprice mount for about two or three weeks now and I love it. I just wrote a review of it on their site but I will post it here too for your convenience.

I really love this mount but I knocked off a star for two minor issues. First, there are really no directions with this thing so take your time and try to figure it out before mounting. There is a release mechanism that lets the sides you squeeze together to release. I couldn't find that at first and almost broke the mount. Second, and this is an issue it seems with all mounting stickers, the sticky pad that come with the mounting kit was not very strong and would melt in the heat. My mount fell off my dashboard a couple of times almost breaking my phone. I just picked up some industrial velcro ones at Walmart, they work better. Of course, if you use the vent mounts then you don't have to worry about this at all.
    With the negatives about this mount out of the way let's talk about the positives. It is really easy to use with your Pre. The braces for the mount can move so you can set it up to allow for charging and set it so they won't touch the volume buttons. If Sprint develops a landscape mode for the GPS app and if Pandora develops one for their app, then I will be able to change the bracket to landscape and it will look much better. Right now with the audio out port on top, it looks a little ugly with all the wires plugged in, but that's not the bracket's fault. If you have a Pre and want to mount it in your car then this is a really great solution.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DryBear View Post
    I just turned my mount sideways so that it grips the Pre from the Top/Bottom instead of the sides. I don't recall which brand I have, but it was a generic GPS mount I picked up from Best Buy
    I think I bought the same one (it's made by Bracketron). It will function as intended (though the charging port cover gets in the way a bit), so I tried turning the mount sideways like you did (so it grips top/bottom) and had trouble with the screen turning on because the mount hit the on/off button. Did you have any problems with this?
    Why not use one of those GPS beanbag mounts? They work really well for my Treo when I use it for GPS.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aclypse View Post
    I will not be using touchstone in my car for obvious reasons. So any repliers try to stick to the questions at hand.
    The reasons aren't obvious to me. Care to share?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGayleGo View Post
    I think I bought the same one (it's made by Bracketron). It will function as intended (though the charging port cover gets in the way a bit), so I tried turning the mount sideways like you did (so it grips top/bottom) and had trouble with the screen turning on because the mount hit the on/off button. Did you have any problems with this?
    The mount I used was a Xentris universal mount, model 60-1941-01-BB (picked up at Best Buy).

I actually had a problem turning the Pre on, as the mount covered the power button when gripping from the top and bottom. If used normally (gripping from the sides), the power port can be accessible if the keyboard is slid open.

My solution was to do a custom touchstone mount - it works sooooo much better:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1815015
    Last edited by DryBear; 08/15/2009 at 01:19 AM.
    Bracketron makes a vent mount with expandable sides that you can separate to reveal the charging port. It holds the pre in a sturdy grip. The vent mount can be attached to the Bracketron beanbag dash mount without using the vent attachment devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    They are expensive, but I really want a Kuda mount for the Pre. The one for the Acura CL looks great. I just don't know which add-on to get.

Here's the link for the Kuda Web site:
    kudausa - KUDA car custom color leather mounts for mobile electronics

Here's the link for the Kuda mount for the Acura CL so you can see what I'm talking about:
    KUDA mount and holder ACURA - TL/CL (99-03)

Here's a list of the add-ons that make the mount specific to your device:
    KUDA mount and holder ipod pda xm vehicle mounts
    Expensive, and they don't have my veh listed
    Quote Originally Posted by DryBear View Post
    The mount I used was a Xentris universal mount, model 60-1941-01-BB (picked up at Best Buy).

I actually had a problem turning the Pre on, as the mount covered the power button when gripping from the top and bottom. If used normally (gripping from the sides), the power port can be accessible if the keyboard is slid open.

My solution was to do a custom touchstone mount - it works sooooo much better:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1815015
    This is the mount i would get, are you saying the usb port is blocked?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Got a generic ipod and gps car/bike mount at best buy, was a little pricey at 20$ however its well worth it. I use the extended seido back and it works great.

Having a mount in my car makes me feel like I get a lot more functionality out of the phone, I use Sprint Navigation and listen to my music, I highly suggest getting a car mount for all pre owners.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12