1. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I'm going to be getting a car that has an iPod dock sans an aux jack. I've been doing some looking around online, but I haven't been able to find the cable I need.

I want to feed signal from the phone (male 3.5mm) to the built-in iPod connector (female iPod).

I know it's possible to utilize the analog audio portion of the the adapter, so a cable must be available, right?
    Or that $10 bluetooth to ipod dock converter that sprint sells could work
  3. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjim View Post
    Or that $10 bluetooth to ipod dock converter that sprint sells could work
    I can't find much information on that device.

It's the Anycom Bluetooth Music Station Converter, and I'm not sure if it requires a wallwort for power, or USB. I'm also not sure if it actually docks with an iPod dock or just has a 3.5mm output.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    I can't find much information on that device.

It's the Anycom Bluetooth Music Station Converter, and I'm not sure if it requires a wallwort for power, or USB. I'm also not sure if it actually docks with an iPod dock or just has a 3.5mm output.
    I understand that bluetooth converter uses the ipod connector for power, the same way the connection could charge the ipod
  5. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    The problem with those cables is the iPod adapter end is male. I need female in order to connect to the car's built in dock.
  6. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Any idea if this would work?

CableJive: Jive with iPod and iPhone
    Its not as simple as that. My car (VW Jetta) is just like that and interface between iphone adapter and the car's head unit did not allow any audio stream thru analog portion.
    It only worked (activated) when actual ipod was connected. There is a cable that you are looking for but many people reported it not working on their vehicles. You can give it a shot yourself..

FYI, What I ended up doing was I intercepted audio cables from Satellite radio receiver and ran it to center console. And then installed 'switched' 3.5mm AUDIO jack. What it does is only when I plug in the audio cable, satellite signal will be disabled. This way, I could hook up any mp3 device while still be able to use the satellite radio..

Good Luck
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'