Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    As a long standing Treo 700wx owner, but a recent Pre convert, I thought I would share my findings and experiences with the various "shields" available.

On the 700wx, I had nothing installed, since the thing was a brick anyways. It last me well (hated, HATED windows mobile though) but am now the proud owner of a Pre.

I ordered an Invisible Shield for both the Pre and my Ipod Touch. I installed it on the Ipod Touch, but really didn't like the additional texture (rubbery) feel it added so decided to skip installing on the Pre.

Next up, based on some pictures I'd seen, was the Ghost Armor.

Ghost Armor was fairly simple to install, although I think I had gained some knowledge and experience from installing the Zagg onto the invisible shield.

After installed, the Ghost armor took about 24-48 hours to "cure" and look right.

I was never 100% satisfied with the feel and look, so I decided to order Phantom Skinz and give that a shot.

On Sunday morning, I took off the ghost armor and installed the Phantom Skinz shield. Install was quite easy (this was my 3rd shield install) and I took my time with it. I had NO air bubbles after install, only a few liqui bubbles from the solution.

24 hours later.... WOW. I mean WOW!!! Phantom Skinz is far superior than any of other skins! I will post pictures when I return from this business trip, but you can BARELY tell the skin is even there.

Even more importantly, there is no tactile difference in the way the skin feels vs. a bare phone.

A+ to Phantom Skinz - for those on the fence, this is the direction to go!
    2 weeks now with the invisible shield and though I'm trying and trying to like it. I just can't ...I am going to install my phantom skinz this Saturday...
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    2 weeks now with the invisible shield and though I'm trying and trying to like it. I just can't ...I am going to install my phantom skinz this Saturday...
    I know what you mean.... With the phantom skin on, I never have to "try" and like, I really do like it! Install was pretty good too, especially if you habe installed a skin before.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    Also, screen response to touch is IDENTICAL to a naked screen.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    +1 for Phantom Skinz
    Just Install my Phantom Skin! And I LOVE IT!
    I installed my Phantom Skinz 2 days ago and it looks and feels great. I didn't like the look of Zagg.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I just received my body guardz; should I put the back skin on, or should I just put on the one for the screen?

My fear is that if I put the back skin on, I won't be able to take the back plate off in order to use my touchstone back or replace the battery.

Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I was thinking about getting Phantom Skin but I am curious if anyone has tried it with the Palm leather case with belt clip. This is the one that has a cover, and a ribbon inside that you pull on to get it out of the case. I really like the case, and don't like carrying my phone in my pocket, if it will work I will order them, but not if they won't work with the case.

Also, I just trimmed the tab off of the factory screen protector, so if it's the same thickness I may be ok.
    Mushdog, the bodyguardz back does not affect your ability to remove the battery cover whatsoever. Had it on mine for about two weeks on both the stock & touchstone backs. No change in function of either.

O.P.- I second your opinion about phantom skinz, I had bodyguardz on for 2 weeks and liked them very much except I got a tiny speck of dirt under it on install so I deciced to change it out. Saw the 50% off coupon for phantom skinz and decided to give it a try.

Placed my order and was 10 min late on the 50% off coupon so I emailed them and they sent me a private code good for one day only so I could get the discount. Hows that for good customer service?

Installed last night and couldn't have been easier. And it couldn't look better. 0 air bubbles, a few tiny water bubbles, & they're almost gone already. I mean this thing looks flawless. I'd post pics but don't have enough posts yet. I was very pleased w/ bodyguardz and would recommed them as a 2nd choice to anyone, but the phantomskinz are absolutely premium IMO.

Not sure if it was b/c the different install instructions (dip skin & paper backing in bowl of warm water) though I did add a couple of drops of clear hand soap to a bowl a little bigger than a cereal bowl of warm water, but they were much easier to install. I did front and back in about 45 minutes and came out flawlessly. And I've only done this once before w/bodyguardzs.

Also like the fit a little better than body guardz. And they seem a bit thinner for a more invisible look and natural feel too. Bottom line, as a newbie at installing skins, can't go wrong w/ Phantomskinz.
    Last edited by Superstardjal; 07/09/2009 at 10:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BPMOU View Post
    I was thinking about getting Phantom Skin but I am curious if anyone has tried it with the Palm leather case with belt clip. This is the one that has a cover, and a ribbon inside that you pull on to get it out of the case. I really like the case, and don't like carrying my phone in my pocket, if it will work I will order them, but not if they won't work with the case.

Also, I just trimmed the tab off of the factory screen protector, so if it's the same thickness I may be ok.
    I would like to know the answer to this as well!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Where do you get Phantom skins?? Not sold on Precentral.
    I have the palm case w/the ribbon and it works just fine w/both bodyguardz and phantom skinz. Fit is already snug but they're so thin it doesn't really make a difference.
    I did best skins ever, (have on my MP3 player for 2 years and just insanely awesome), have on pre, if direct light shining or reflecting off of it, you can see the little texture in the plastic otherwise if not (which is most of the time) you can't even notice it's there. Touch sensitivity has been reduced a very small amount, but is way more than acceptable. All in all am very happy with it. Order body armour too and just didn't like the look or the feel to it so installed this one, for 5 bucks shipped you can't go wrong with these, they've both had huge sales so that's why so cheap but anyway be intersted to see what phantom skins looks and feels like, from what i've read looks like she's a step up from best skins ever but don't have it to compare to.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    The Phantom skinz has a coupon code "independence33" for 33% off at their website.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I tried an Invisible Shield and didn't like the feel when doing gestures. It reminded me of the Palm brand screen protector I had on my Treo 700P, which was fine when using the stylus or tapping with a finger. I put the original screen protector back on... I'm not concerned about scratching the any parts that it doesn't cover. Based on Foxman2K's testimonial, I'll consider a Phantom Skinz.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jescobe82 View Post
    Where do you get Phantom skins?? Not sold on Precentral.
    Cell Phone Screen Protectors, Accessories & Screen Covers | PhantomSkinz.com

I used the discount code "Independence33" and got a 33% discount.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Check Amazon.com. Got mine for $16.99, I believe. Hopefully they'll get here tomorrow....although I guess I'm in no rush since I'm not buying my Pre til next month. lol