1.    #1  
    I am using the Motorola T505 with my Pre, but haven't figured out how to get the voice turn directions from Sprint Navigator to play through the T505. For that matter, I can't hear the voice turn directions from the Pre. Is there a toggle or option to turn on/off spoken directions? Under preferences, I have audio set to "With Street Names".
    TIA
    BillP
    Pre does not support any voice commands. No device will take voice commands from pre, so the T505 is useless. ( I just got one and will return it)

But the T505 will play all your music, and give nav directions through your FM car stereo. That's what it is meant to do. Follow the directions to set the FM station to match the one suggested by the T505. Some stations it suggests are more static than others, so press the FM button on the T505 (in back) to select a new station. However, I found that ALL stations have some static and only acceptable reception from the Pre. Classical music is a no go with it. So you can hear incomming calls, with caller id, and so on, but you have to dial any numbers from your phone to call out. That sucks while driving, and negates the whole idea of bluetooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtclarinet View Post
    Pre does not support any voice commands. No device will take voice commands from pre, so the T505 is useless. ( I just got one and will return it)

But the T505 will play all your music, and give nav directions through your FM car stereo. That's what it is meant to do. Follow the directions to set the FM station to match the one suggested by the T505. Some stations it suggests are more static than others, so press the FM button on the T505 (in back) to select a new station. However, I found that ALL stations have some static and only acceptable reception from the Pre. Classical music is a no go with it. So you can hear incomming calls, with caller id, and so on, but you have to dial any numbers from your phone to call out. That sucks while driving, and negates the whole idea of bluetooth.
    it doesn't negate the "whole" idea of bluetooth... you can still carry on a phone conversation with the phone in your pockey/cupholder
    Dt needs to read the instrucyuins. you can hold down the middle bottom and it redials last call. Nav works without having to go to fm. Maybe dt has a bad unit. I love mine.
    I also have the T505 and my wife has a Motorola Razr. I swear that I had it set up on her Razr and dialing by speaking to the device but have yet to be able to do it on the Pre. From what I remember, by clicking the call button on the T505 you could give it instructions and like, "call" etc.. and then the name and it asked which number like home or mobile. I would imagine if we were able to find a way to point the device to our address book, we might be able to pull of the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by okasaki View Post
    I also have the T505 and my wife has a Motorola Razr. I swear that I had it set up on her Razr and dialing by speaking to the device but have yet to be able to do it on the Pre. From what I remember, by clicking the call button on the T505 you could give it instructions and like, "call" etc.. and then the name and it asked which number like home or mobile. I would imagine if we were able to find a way to point the device to our address book, we might be able to pull of the same.
    I don't think so...

I tried this out and it doesn't work. Palm should have just included voice dail to begin with, but thats justs one of the things its missing unfortunately
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I can confirm that the T505 can receive and play the nav directions from the Pre's Sprint Navigation application. My Pre/T505 combination works well, just have to turn the volume down a bit on the radio.
    Quote Originally Posted by bill2455 View Post
    I can confirm that the T505 can receive and play the nav directions from the Pre's Sprint Navigation application. My Pre/T505 combination works well, just have to turn the volume down a bit on the radio.
    Yea mine works as well even wit Pandora running if mutes Poandora when new directions are coming.

Also the Fart App plays through it as well and is great for stashing the T505 somewhere (pocketbook ) and letting it rip lol.