Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Will a car charger for a palm treo pro work with a pre? I think it would but not really sure.
    Leonard Araiza

Do today what others won't so you can have tomorrow what others don't!
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    The charging port fits Micro USB.

Looks like that's what the Treo Pro uses, so you should be good
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Yes, I just called palm corporate support today in fact. The treo Pro and pre are require the same power 5v/1a, where as the treo 800 requires less. In short anything for the pro should work but not necessarily the 800 items. Hope this helps.
    The wall charger I used for my 800w works with my Pre. The generic car charger I used with my 800w (Generic LG Mini USB Charger) also works with my Pre, as long as you do the plug-in-while-powered-off trick.
    I'm pretty sure that the Treo 800w requires more current than both the Treo Pro and the Palm Pre. I know this because of which iGo tip needed to be used with the Treo 800w, Treo Pro and the Palm Pre. It's complicated to explain, but I extrapolated the following:

- Treo 800w requires the most current
    - Pre requires less current than the 800w but more than the Treo Pro
    - Treo Pro requires the least amount of current of the three
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    Yes, I just called palm corporate support today in fact. The treo Pro and pre are require the same power 5v/1a, where as the treo 800 requires less. In short anything for the pro should work but not necessarily the 800 items. Hope this helps.
    The AC adapter that came with the Treo 800w is also 5V/1A.