Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I get the jawbone into pairing mode but the instructions say to hold the talk button for 2 seconds and then pair. My pre never detects the jawbone....help...
    1.turn on bluetooth on the pre
    2. on the jawbone itself, hold down the talk button and the back button at the same time (jawbone 2 only has 2 buttons) there should be a white/red light blinking one after the other which indicates its in pairing mode
    3. search for new device on the pre
    4. phone should pick it up and your all done, no password needed
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    is it supposed to keep rotating between white and red? because it blinks white once and then just red. and the phone still can't pick it up.
    its suppose to be rotating white/red
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I guess my noise-assassin button is not working then...doesn't feel like i'm pressing anything when I hold down that area
    I sometimes have trouble getting my Pre to recognize my Jawbone afer I've had the JB off. Have you tried recycling the JB off and back on, then starting the pairing process again? BTW, unless you've paired tthe JB with something else, you shouldn't have to press both the Talk and Noise-Assassin buttons. The Talk button for two (long) seconds should work.

In any case, even if you pair manually by pressing both buttons, you should definitely feel the Noise-Assassin button clicking.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I think the jawbone has to be off for it to go into pairing mode. Also I sometimes have to put my jawbone on the charger for a few minutes even when its fully charged in order for it to turn on.

Either way I have a jawbone 2 and it works great with the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by mhelfer View Post
    I think the jawbone has to be off for it to go into pairing mode.

Either way I have a jawbone 2 and it works great with the pre.
    a. Correct; that's the point of pressing "talk" for two secs. It turns it on, and automatically enters pairing mode (IF it's never been paired before).

b. Second!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    seems like the noise assassin button is defective >.<

guess i'll have to go exchange it
    Or you could take it to your local sprint store and have them pair it for you!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmayne View Post
    Or you could take it to your local sprint store and have them pair it for you!
    I actually managed to pair by removing the cover so i could see the noise-assassin button. The only problem is the button won't be pressed while the cover is on so I can't control the volume while on calls with the single clicks and I can't redial the last number with the triple click.