Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Ok, to start with, this is just my experience syncing a single bluetooth device, and may not be representative of the experience as a whole, but I had to post this anyways.

I just got a Lubix bluetooth headset in the mail from Woot today. I thought it was just for music, but it also functions for phone features. I was halfway dreading connecting it because I hadn't done it before and bluetooth has always been a pain on pretty much every phone I've ever owned.

Well, I opened the bluetooth applet, turned on bluetooth, and it instantly found my device. I clicked on it and it apparently automatically tried the "0000" that most bluetooth devices use as a default, because it just freaking connected. No typing anything in, no hassle, no effort, it just worked and it was the easiest bluetooth/phone sync I've ever done in my life. It played music without me having to do anything and it worked for the phone without me having to do anything. It was just freaking awesome.

I understand that the Pre does have issues with some bluetooth devices, but from what I've seen, so far I'm totally impressed. Once they work out some of the bugs that affect some systems it will be better, but currently I love their setup. GO PALM!
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    bluetooth range is terrible in crowded cities. (i.e. san francisco..)

*much* worst then my touch pro.
    -mark
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I get about 30 feet on my headset. I can't quite be across the house from the phone, but it's good enough for most anything I'll ever need it for. Much better than the 3 foot headphones I've been stuck with.
    Have been using my WiREVO stereo bluetooth headset listening to music for over two hours (I am actually typing this on my Pre while listening) without a hiccup. I haven't tested out range yet. Battery is at about 47%.