Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was shopping at the Valley Fair Mall in Santa Clara, California yesterday, and inside the mall at a kiosk was someone name John who installs Invisible Shield for all types of devices including the Pre. John installed the Invisible Shield for my Pre both front and back while I waited for about 20 minutes, and the cost was $34.95 plus tax. John did a pretty nice job, as I'm probably too reluctant to try this myself. The Invisible Shield now makes my Pre more non-slip both front and back, and there is no visible air bubbles. The only minor inconvenience is the USB charger slot, which when the slot is opened outward, it peeled off a small piece of the Invisible Shield. No problem though, as I simply took a finger nail clipper, and clipped away part of the Invisible Shield where the USB slot peeled away. Now it's much better. The only other minor inconvenience is that it's slightly harder to insert and take out the Pre from my Palm case as a result of the non-slip feature of the Invisible Shield. Will take some getting used to.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Cool, thanks Casey. I would like to seek him out. Can you describe where in the mall he was located (it's a big place...)?

I have the Touchstone back, and will want only the front skin. I assume he'd do that for less -- do you know?

...it's slightly harder to insert and take out the Pre from my Palm case as a result of the non-slip feature of the Invisible Shield.
    Not surprising, and I am hoping I will feel secure enough against scratches that I won't routinely use the case any more.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Dave View Post
    Cool, thanks Casey. I would like to seek him out. Can you describe where in the mall he was located (it's a big place...)?

I have the Touchstone back, and will want only the front skin. I assume he'd do that for less -- do you know?

Not surprising, and I am hoping I will feel secure enough against scratches that I won't routinely use the case any more.

You're welcome. Here is John's phone number from his business card: 408-615-1602. John's kiosk stand is somewhere in the middle of the mall, but I don't remember exactly where. Give John a call, and I'm sure he can direct you. John is a cool guy, and he doesn't mind you watching him while you wait for him to do the installation. I'm guessing he would would charge you less for doing the front side only.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Zagg all the way... installed by the geeksquad.
    What about Treo Pros?
    I was there the other weekend and saw the Zagg lady put on the Invisible Shield on some guy's Pre. After she was done putting it on (front and back), I asked the guy if he'd mind showing me his Pre. It actually looked pretty good.

The kiosk is in the bottom floor, next to the GUESS store.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    What about Treo Pros?
    It looks like they do every device that's mentioned on their website, which includes the Treo Pro. But I'd call that number that Casey provided first just to make sure.
    Sorry to say but I believe you will regret this, search the forums, these "shields" have caused countless problems for people...
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30 View Post
    It looks like they do every device that's mentioned on their website, which includes the Treo Pro. But I'd call that number that Casey provided first just to make sure.
    Website? I must have missed it! Please post!
    Website? I must have missed it! Please post!
    ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    Sorry to say but I believe you will regret this, search the forums, these "shields" have caused countless problems for people...
    I've been following the forum pretty closely of late, and I have no idea what you're talking about. Links?
    This skin isnt too bad, (was my first) mine had a little extra skin when perfectly centered, or off centered when the edges were aligned. So I centered it and cut off the extra skin. Then it got a little goofy with the touch screen. It wasn't too bad, but more often then my wife's Pre (when she got hers 2 weeks after mine, and she got the clear-coat), my skin was either not as responsive when hitting apps or missing areas with the cursor for editing. I then, applied some nice car wax which appeared to help a lot. So I added a couple coats and seemed fine. I would still recommend this skin.

Then I found other skins and got curious and had to try them. That's when I decided to do a review.
    In this economy, I wonder if the kiosk is still open?
    In this economy, I wonder if the kiosk is still open?
    Bump!
    Bump!
    lol phantom skin is much better imho its easier to put on and you get two and they are clearer than the zagg and cheaper and did i say clearer lol have a great day ,oh and yea i have used zagg . had it on two weeks ago and switched to the phantom and wont ever go back!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    The kiosk is still open... I had mine installed in the same location.... Ive had mine for about 2 months and it has already started peeling... but I loved the way it protected my phone
    Quote Originally Posted by scox80 View Post
    The kiosk is still open... I had mine installed in the same location.... Ive had mine for about 2 months and it has already started peeling... but I loved the way it protected my phone
    Thanks for the update. Peeling after 2 months?

I'll save my money and get a Otterbox case instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    No problems at all.

However, I will be getting the touchstone and the new back cover.

I want to get the invisible shield thing done again. Wondering if the back cover is the same size and fit as the cover that comes with the phone.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Hmm. I haven't seen "countless" problems. I do remember a couple of people who had some problems when they tried to remove them and several who had some struggles with installation (which is in fact a project).

The only other minor inconvenience is that it's slightly harder to insert and take out the Pre from my Palm case as a result of the non-slip feature of the Invisible Shield.
    I too found this to be an issue. I finally got brave and just started sticking the phone in my pocket unprotected. I wear jeans almost all the time and I stick the phone in my front pocket with my keys. I've done that for over a month now and there are no marks on the phone from that.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast