Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    We've been having a problem with my wife's Touchstone. When we put one of our Pre's on her TS, the phone will repeatedly ding that it's charging. It doesn't happen at any regular interval, but it's consistent. At times, it's every 5 or 10 minutes, at others it's once or twice a minute, and, when we're lucky it can be once or twice an hour. The phone does not completely charge when this behavior is happening.

We've tried repositioning the Pre, checking the cable connections at both ends, and checking the back covers to the phones, no difference. We've used both of our Pre's and it's the same problem.

When we put our phones on my TS, no problem. The phone dings once and that's it.

It seems to me like it's a defective TS, but I wanted to see if anyone else has had had the same experience before bringing it back to Sprint.

Thanks.

Brian
    Yes, I'm having the same problem you have with the TS. I did find a link were this problem is discussed Palm fornum

You might want to make sure that both ends of the USBs are in tight.
    Last edited by wburleson; 07/06/2009 at 03:32 PM. Reason: added link: http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/message?board.id=weboshardware&thread.id=653&view=by_date_ascending&page=
    Yes, I'm having the same problem as well. It only started happening after I tried to use my car charger (non-Sprint) with the Touchstone. Now it happens pretty often even when the Touchstone is plugged into the wall. I hope plugging it into the car charger didn't screw it up.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    There's a number of topics already opened re: this issue. I had the same issue on my 1st touchstone. I bought another touchstone from BestBuy and _only_ switched out the touchstone stand and the problem went away.
    I even left the phone on the touchstone all night and was glad to find only the dimmed clock on the display in the morning.

Just for kicks, I tried charging on the 1st touchstone stand again and once the phone got to 100% charge, the device woke up again and the display did not go off.

For now I'm happy with my working touchstone and am crossing my fingers that the issue is due to a defective touchstone stand and this issue doesn't have a number of root causes (with the same symptom).

-Mark

Quote Originally Posted by btrotta View Post
    We've been having a problem with my wife's Touchstone. When we put one of our Pre's on her TS, the phone will repeatedly ding that it's charging. It doesn't happen at any regular interval, but it's consistent. At times, it's every 5 or 10 minutes, at others it's once or twice a minute, and, when we're lucky it can be once or twice an hour. The phone does not completely charge when this behavior is happening.

We've tried repositioning the Pre, checking the cable connections at both ends, and checking the back covers to the phones, no difference. We've used both of our Pre's and it's the same problem.

When we put our phones on my TS, no problem. The phone dings once and that's it.

It seems to me like it's a defective TS, but I wanted to see if anyone else has had had the same experience before bringing it back to Sprint.

Thanks.

Brian
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    mine does it too? its my phone not the touchstone since I have 2 pres and 2 TS. My wifes Pre works fine, my has issues on both TS.

Now what, its past the 30 days?
    I'm having the same issue using the amazon kindle power adapter. My other touchstone at home works fine. Do you think its the power adapter or the touchstone? If it is the touchstone, should I return it to amazon.com?
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    in my case its the connections to the back cover that are the problem. If I play around with them and put the cover on it works fine. But then every once in a while it stops working and I have to redo the back cover again....PIA
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Swap the two touchstone units (not the usb cable) and see if the problem follows the touchstone unit.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberstven View Post
    I'm having the same issue using the amazon kindle power adapter. My other touchstone at home works fine. Do you think its the power adapter or the touchstone? If it is the touchstone, should I return it to amazon.com?
    DO NOT use chargers not meant for the Pre. They could be rated at different milliamps and kill your devices. Palm sent out that notice not on a purely profitable mindset, but because they could honestly damage your phones/touchstones. Pre power devices are rated for 1000mA, keep that in mind. Not only that, but we don't know what other reasons there could be technically that is breaking things.