Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    AM using my Airave and it has certainly helped my calls at home. I will say it seems to have helped my other family members Sprint phones more than my Pre - which seems to have sporadic improvement (sometimes great, sometimes not so great).

My question is related to the Airave and voice quality.

I know this is basically taking my cell phone and turning it into a VOIP call over my internet cable line.

HOwever - I notice the problem many VOIP services has - where the calls seem to be more one direction - so that when one party is talking the other party can not talk at the same time and be heard.

Can I change some settings in my router to help with this?

Anyone else have the same problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by luigidk View Post
    AM using my Airave and it has certainly helped my calls at home. I will say it seems to have helped my other family members Sprint phones more than my Pre - which seems to have sporadic improvement (sometimes great, sometimes not so great).

My question is related to the Airave and voice quality.

I know this is basically taking my cell phone and turning it into a VOIP call over my internet cable line.

HOwever - I notice the problem many VOIP services has - where the calls seem to be more one direction - so that when one party is talking the other party can not talk at the same time and be heard.

Can I change some settings in my router to help with this?

Anyone else have the same problem?
    This problem can be more complicated than just the router. It may also be bandwith related. Routers that have QOS will let you control which devices on your network have priority to the upload portion of your bandwith. This is usually the smaller portion of your bandwith. To exclude any issues of the router itself you could set the Airrave in the DMZ zone of your router.
    I'm having problems with the voice quality as well. People on the other end say it that words are getting cut off and dropped sporadically. I hear them fine. I am using a wifi router- don't know if this has something to do with it. Any ideas?
    I'm using a linksys wifi router running tomato firmware and it has special setting for voip devices and I have no issue at all with quality
    Interesting. I'm using an Apple Time Capsule router. The quality goes in and out. I wonder if there is a special setting for VOIP devices. Thanks.