Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    I suppose its better to release it with no testing at all, right?
    theBrknSystm, Please tell me you have the upgraded Boss/Nav system. If so, I should be golden, I just bought my 08 Altima sedan a few months ago and was planning on buying a Palm TODAY, but seriously, BT disfunction would be a deal breaker. (they just passed hands free legislation here in VA) My cheapo free sprint phone works with it just great, I would be bummed if the Palm didn't!

Quote Originally Posted by theBrknSystm View Post
    I just want to note that I have an 08 Nissan Altima Coupe and the Bluetooth works perfectly with it.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    my 07 G35 has Bose/Nav system in it...
    Alik, I have the same car as you but without the Nav system, and while the voice quality is decent for me, I have other problems. When I turn the car off, the Pre usually doesn't realize it and thinks it's still paired. Then the battery starts to drain really fast, as the BT hardware presumably tries to regain the link instead of just dropping it, and if I turn the car back on, it doesn't pair again unless I turn BT off and on again on the phone.

So in the end, I just have to manually turn off BT whenever I get out of the car, which is annoying but not really a dealbreaker for me. I have yet to find anyone else who is seeing the same problems that I am, so I'm not really sure what to think of this. Maybe this behavior only shows up without the nav system, and most people have nav?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    It's not just the Pre's with Infiniti. I have a 2007 G35 with Nav/Bose and my HTC Touch Pro had the very same issues. I was hoping the Pre would improve things, but I guess not. I've gotten use to using a Jawbones II in the car which I think sounds better than the car's microphone, just not as convenient. By the way, my Centro and Treo 700p worked fine with the car.
    1.04 came out. Has anyone tested with Infiniti BT?
    I have been reading the posts about bluetooth with Nissans. I have a 2007 Altima with nav system. My pre paired up very easily but when I use it, it sounds horrible. I cuts in and out most of the time. You only get the 1st half of each word. Have unistalled and reinstalled and problem still is there. Doesn't matter either if I call a cell phone or a land line. Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Just to make a point that that was the reason I already discarded all HTC models as I tried them all with my 07 G35 with Nav/Bose and none actually had a normal BT connection - always static and broken audio while pairing with the car just fine. I went with Pre because I liked the phone and because I assumed that if my Treo 700wx by Palm had no problems, this one wouldn't either... I was wrong...

yvvy, you just confirmed many other cases where Pre doesn't work with Infiniti/Nissan. The only thing is to wait till firmware update comes out to fix the problem. But for now, i am planing on switching to BB Tour...

BTW, before i returned my Pre I had 1.04 update installed, it has nothing to do with BT
    Last edited by Alik R; 07/16/2009 at 07:13 PM. Reason: more info
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I use a moto h690 and notice it will cut out for no reason and the call will continue through the handset... anyone else have this issue?
    WebOS 1.1 still doesnt work in the 2009 G37.. It pairs fine but the call quality is terrible. It also does funky stuff like on the nav screen it says I am calling one number and on the phone it says I called a differnet number.. it just sucks...
    I can not believe this thread. On my daily commute to and from work, the funnest thing I see is the person on a hand free, driving behind a Big Semi, waving their hands. You do not know how funny you look people. Even with hands free BT it is not safe to drive, because you are concentrating on the call not you driving, that why you are doing 55 mph three feet behind a big semi
    Quote Originally Posted by dgraham98 View Post
    I can not believe this thread. On my daily commute to and from work, the funnest thing I see is the person on a hand free, driving behind a Big Semi, waving their hands. You do not know how funny you look people. Even with hands free BT it is not safe to drive, because you are concentrating on the call not you driving, that why you are doing 55 mph three feet behind a big semi
    What? So everyone who talks on a bluetooth waves their hands around? Haha
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeYuse0406 View Post
    If that is what you wish to believe, then be my guess. I have worked in the automobile industry for over 30 years, and several vehicle models on a few manufacturers are not dully supporting, or supporting at all, some devices via BT. You need to check you infinity BT compatibility guide and make sure you precious infinity's BT system supports the pre. You can find such information by going to your infinity dealer or at infinity's own site.

Here is the site direct from infinity in which it clearly tells that the issue does not lie on Palm, but rather on infinity not supporting the pre.

Infiniti Bluetooth FAQ - Infiniti USA

Trust me, I have my information correct! I know it hurts to own an "expensive" car that is not compatible with the things even a focus can handle.

Here is another link in which infinity clearly has only 5 Palm devices as the ONLY Palm supported devices for the Infinity's BT system. The pre is not supported and there's no word of them even testing this device for future support.

Infiniti Bluetooth Compatible Phones - Infiniti USA
    Everything about this post just makes me laugh harder as I get through it. I love how 30 years of auto making experience has anything to do with technology that auto makers have incorporated for maybe the last 4-5 years...OK 8 on the outside (which?). It is like people talking about working with computers 30 years ago with punch cards who 6 years ago couldn't understand an AGP video card. They evolve and knowing cars that long ago would show less knowledge of them in modern times.

Then pointing to Infiniti's website and saying they don't say they support a Palm Pre? Like Infiniti is so concerned about every new Cell phone that they immediately update their finding on new phones? Come on, we care. We ran out and bought a new device within the month of its release. Just because it is important to those of us on this board, that doesn't mean everyone around us is going to hold it in the same regard. And will Infiniti update it for every model? Do they not know what they are doing with Bluetooth implementation?

This sucks for the OP. I feel for him. I have a 2006 Infiniti G35. I have to update the other thread to include that I have the Bose and Nav. Know that my NAV is the DVD. I know he has the Hard Drive based Nav. My Bluetooth works just fine with the Pre. For reference, I have seen hit and miss from different people over at g35driver in regards to bluetooth. Some complain about the same types of issues with their reception and phones. Mine has been fine with the Pre and my Blackberry (8703e). And 2006 was the first year Infiniti had Bluetooth in the G35.

Dave
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Dave,

the Pre BT problems apply to Infiniti/Nissan 2007 or later, with HD based NAV/Bose system
    Not getting back to the other coast where my g35 is for another month, so I can't test this myself, but are there problems with an 07 g35 with bose, but without nav?
    Quote Originally Posted by sixerztres View Post
    Not getting back to the other coast where my g35 is for another month, so I can't test this myself, but are there problems with an 07 g35 with bose, but without nav?
    I have an 07 G35 sedan with Bose and without Nav, and posted my experiences above (post #24 I think). To sum up, it has a different set of problems, but not unusable, just an annoyance. I don't know for sure that it's the Nav option that makes the differences between what I'm seeing and what others are seeing, but it seems plausible.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimfeld View Post
    I have an 07 G35 sedan with Bose and without Nav, and posted my experiences above (post #24 I think). To sum up, it has a different set of problems, but not unusable, just an annoyance. I don't know for sure that it's the Nav option that makes the differences between what I'm seeing and what others are seeing, but it seems plausible.
    Interesting, I'll have to try it out when I get back and see if I experience the same problems you are.
    I've had problems with the Pre and my 2007 Mercedes E class: the phonebook doesn't download.

What irks me is that it seems weird to me that nobody in the Palm Pre development team must be driving any of these cars, or the issue would have been addressed. At least nobody with enough weight to bring the issue on the table.

I mean, come on: my Razr downloaded the phonebook, and the Pre cannot?
    Thats weird. Though not perfect my E63 AMG downloads the phonebook. I do have the "not disconnecting" and "not always connecting back" issues with it though. It works...its just pretty manual. I have to manually connect and disconnect it all the time. Do you have the puck?
    What year is your E63AMG?
    Yes, I have the puck.

Interentingly enough, I don't have connection issues.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast