1.    #1  
    I hope this isn't too ridiculous of a question...

Say I want to use the TS base as a car mount, but plug my phone directly into the Sprint car charger (instead of shaving the charger - I suck at that kind of stuff, always ruin things. Also, reading the threads here, it seems like there's a slight increase of power directly into the phone), will this cause an issue with the guts of the phone? Like, if the magnet is opening the circuit, but is not being powered through it, but instead through the miniUSB - will this damage my phone?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I think you'd be fine -- though it's kind of a waste of the Touchstone, IMHO.
  3.    #3  
    I tend to agree that it's probably a waste. I just have visions of me converting a chandelier to a swag lamp and having to rebuy a roller switch once and then associated wiring about four times, since I always seemed to slice the wiring apart incorrectly. It was okay, because the wiring was cheap. The Sprint charger could get expensive if I mess it up.

More nerves on my end than anything else, I guess.
    This is an interesting question. For example, what if you plug the touchstone to one wall outlet and the Pre also connects to the computer via USB. Could you set BOTH to charge the phone?

Hmmm?
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    This is an interesting question. For example, what if you plug the touchstone to one wall outlet and the Pre also connects to the computer via USB. Could you set BOTH to charge the phone?

Hmmm?
    I hope not. That seems like it would be a dangerous situation. I would hope that the Touchstone would take precedence over the USB charging.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I actually think the direct connection would take precendence in charging the phone and Touchstone would just be around to charge your phone in case you disconnected the USB from the computer.