1.    #1  
    just ordered one of these:

2x Silicone Case Skin Cover + Protector for Palm Pre KW - eBay (item 350220690026 end time Jul-04-09 16:32:01 PDT)

will let you guys know if i pissed away $6.75 lol.
    You did just waste your money becasue it covers up the gesture area among other things.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    You did just waste your money becasue it covers up the gesture area among other things.
    Looks like it leaves most of the gesture area exposed, though the thickness right next to the exposed gesture area might make it more difficult to use.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    It doesn't exactly cover the WHOLE gesture area. The gesture area starts from the middle of the center button (which is where this case ends) and extends all the way to the lower part of the screen. The only places it covers (part) of the gesture are is on the outer edges. I don't normally use the extreme outer edges when I use the gesture area. I think it would be ok, although I'm not wasting my money on this...

Got my Seidio Innocase on order.

Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
    I never cared much for silicone skins. Every one I bought was a dust magnet.
    Hey thanks for the posting, I actually love silicone cases. I think there better if you drop the phone.

Heck, my Treo 650 has landed on the sidewalk so many times, but never a scratch.

I think the softness, give it a bounce and absorbs the fall.

And since it's silicone, it would be very easy to cut some of it out to make more room for the gesture area.

But after looking at the website, I can't figure how they are able to make this and have the keyboard slide out?

How is this soft skin attached?

I want to buy it, but I have about 10 hard cases now, alll of them suck.

Thanks

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by lldsandsll View Post
    just ordered one of these:

2x Silicone Case Skin Cover + Protector for Palm Pre KW - eBay (item 350220690026 end time Jul-04-09 16:32:01 PDT)

will let you guys know if i pissed away $6.75 lol.
    I want it but don't have an ebay account and can't get one since someone once used my info and I made sure that they would never allow anyone even me to use their site.

So I would have to find this product elsewhere.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

8.    #9  
    actually if u look at the pic the gesture area is only partially covered. i tested the area that appears to be visible and there is still plenty of gesture room.

it's a two piece cover. looks like it might be pretty cool. if they can get these to work on G1's it wont be a problem with the pre.