Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Well did my trip to Best Buy to pick up a missed SKU'd Touchstone deal and i picked up a RocketFish hard shell case for the Pre $19.99.

Purchased the Gunmetal version and put it on the phone once i got out of the store and was kind of impressed. Gave a good 1/16 Shell of ABS around the Phone.
    All ports accessible
    No interference with the gesture area
    Good design in my opinion.

Testing with the touchstone and inductive backcover.
    Does not work, inductive back cover is slightly larger than stock back but it fits if you really push.
    The Touchstone does not work with the Rocketfish case on, kind disappointing but i really like the case.

Again i like the case but little disappointed that it didnt work with the touchstone.

Bruce
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Any pics?
    Searching would tell you that it won't work with the touchstone. I've got the same case in black. I can't fit it on my new replacement pre because the gap is too tight. I might try the innocase because it will work with the touchstone and it's only $5 more.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    Searching would tell you that it won't work with the touchstone. I've got the same case in black. I can't fit it on my new replacement pre because the gap is too tight. I might try the innocase because it will work with the touchstone and it's only $5 more.
    do u have a link to the innocase one?
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Well, my pre sides are real tight also you just need to push real hard.
    the Rocket fish looks much like the Innocase Gray. I guess Innocase is slightly thinner in the back to accommodate the magnet distance.

Here are some pics of the RocketFish. this is Best Buy Brand.

They wont let me post pictures here since i have less than 10 posts.

Bruce
    i got the rocketfish gunmetal case too. man it looks good, been getting alot of compliments. I want a touchstone so i wll look into the other cases tho. I like to have at least two or 3 cases for my devices anyway. ppl always think i got a new phone. lol
  8. zxi
    Yeah I got this too, but it doesn't work with the touchstone.
    It won't stick to the magnet..
    lame
    How does this case work with the charger port? I have enough trouble getting that thing open as it is...
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirJew23 View Post
    How does this case work with the charger port? I have enough trouble getting that thing open as it is...
    It was really hard to get my charge port open, but the port om my second pre seems to be a lot harder to open then it was on my first pre.
    Pre
    ppcgeeks.com ---- ajk511
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I really love my rocket fish case it works great..with the addition of the invisible shield I placed on the front I feel like my phone is totally protected..I ordered a touchstone yesterday..I am concerned that the phone won't charge with the case on..r some of you saying that you got the back of the case to fit the touchstone inductive cover and the rocket fish case is too thick to charge on the touchstone?..if this is so..I think I may have to trace the diameter of the touchstone on the back of the case and cut a hole in it so that they will work together..I really like this case.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    All I know is that I have the Rocketfish gunmetal case and I put it on the touchstone. It says " charging phone". It looks like it works for me. Dunno
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    What would it take to modify the Rocketfish to work with the Touchstone? Perhaps grind it down a little? Is it just a matter of thickness or is there a holster clip or something else in the way?
    I have this case as well, and I really like it. Looks like it should go with the phone

No problems accessing any of the ports, including charger. I don't have a touchstone, so can not comment on that.

Only issue I have found is that if I wear workout pants, or mesh shorts...the smoothness of the case makes it a possible hazard to fall out of the smooth pockets. Just something to be aware of.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    What would it take to modify the Rocketfish to work with the Touchstone? Perhaps grind it down a little? Is it just a matter of thickness or is there a holster clip or something else in the way?
    I was thinking of doing the same thing, modifiying it to work with the Touchstone back. Finally just gave up and went with the Seidio holster only.
    Ok, so I just got my Seido case and holster in the mail today. I was using the Rocketfish case and holster. Like Joe I like to have a couple of cases/holsters just in case something happens.

I got the Seido b/c the Rocketfish doesn't work with my Touchstone. The Seido does work with my TC but I have mine velcroed to the wall and it slides right off. It hangs on for half a second and then it slides right off. Does anyone else have this problem?

Keeping in mind I just got the Seido case, I'm not seeing a huge difference between it and my Rocketfish. They both fit suggly and seem like they'll do a decent job. The only difference/complaint is the fact the Siedo holster is a face in design while the Rocketfish is face in or face out. I tried turning my Pre face out on the Seido holster, but it doesn't slide all the way in. The top spring clip latches onto the space left between the front and back of the case. Not that secure. The reason I bring this up is I would clip my Rocketfish holster to the visor of my car (I've been doing this with the last 4 phones I've owned), so all I would have to do was take a quick look up to see who was calling.

As to accessing the side port, its not any easier or more difficult with either case on. It takes a little effort with both, but like I said not a dramatic difference in either.

The cost comparison is pretty significant. $25 for the Rocketfish (Best Buy) and $40 (eBay) or more for the Seido. I guess there's a price for being able to use my Touchstone (as long as I move it to a horizontal surface instead of my wall).

For right now I'm satisfied with the Seido case & holster. If I change my mind I'll let y'all know.
    I just got back from best buy with my black rocketfish case. I have the touchstone back and it does not fit exactly. I can get every tab except for one of the bottom left or righ tabs on the back. The tabs next to the keyboard. It works well so I'm trying it out for a while. As for the phone "latching" to the touchstone. It does but not very securley. It will fall off easily but it will stick and charge. I'm not normally a case guy but I kinda like that A. It offers protection. B. I can clip it on a belt. C. The belt clip does the clicking rotate. D. It's face out and I can work with it even in the clip. Disadvantages. Does not fit exactly. Hard to type and like any case a little more dorky than just sticking it into your pocket.
    How is it hard to type?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    I bought the gun metal one. I thought it didn't fit right at first, however, after ensuring that all tabs were secured correctly, I like it. There was some friction when sliding open but that got better as it opened and closed. Best Buy dropped the price to 14.99.
    Does it seems flimsy or cheap? I also heard that the phone pops out of the holster fairly easily. Do you find that to be the case?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast