1.    #1  
    I haven't bought a touchstone yet but I'm wondering if the phone vibrates while on the touchstone? I hate hate hate ringtones and my phone has been on vibrate for YEARS now, so I'm hoping the phone can vibrate while on the touchstone, be heard vibrating the table or whatever, and not fall off... who can help?
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't vibrate when you have the ringer switch on mute. Not sure you'd hear it anyway with the Pre's kinda weak vibration.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't vibrate when you have the ringer switch on mute. Not sure you'd hear it anyway with the Pre's kinda weak vibration.
    As of now I can hear my phone vibrate from the other room (I have it on the counter and ringer switch on but volume off and vibrate on).

Can anyone confirm that the phone DOES vibrate while on the touchstone?
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    As of now I can hear my phone vibrate from the other room (I have it on the counter and ringer switch on but volume off and vibrate on).

Can anyone confirm that the phone DOES vibrate while on the touchstone?
    I can confirm the phone does NOT vibrate on the touchstone. When you have it in vibrate mode, once you place it on the 'stone it switches to a soft ringing sound, like a ringing bell of old time phones. No vibration.

You can hear this for yourself - put the phone on the touchstone, and then switch it to vibrate. It will ring a little to indicate the new mode - you'll hear it.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jp99 View Post
    I can confirm the phone does NOT vibrate on the touchstone. When you have it in vibrate mode, once you place it on the 'stone it switches to a soft ringing sound, like a ringing bell of old time phones. No vibration.

You can hear this for yourself - put the phone on the touchstone, and then switch it to vibrate. It will ring a little to indicate the new mode - you'll hear it.
    If I had a touchstone and could test this myself I obviously would, but if the phone won't vibrate while on the touchstone I really don't think I will buy one, unless of course there is a hack....
  6.    #6  
    Bump, can anyone else confirm that it is IMPOSSIBLE for the phone to vibrate while on the touchstone? I really want one but not if it means I have to have a bleeping ringtone.
    I have no vibration. I just sent myself several emails to test. I tried both with the screen locked and unlocked. The visual notification appears, but no vibration (no little tiny quiet ring either like you get when you switch the ringer switch to mute). So, I can confirm that emails produce no vibration on the Touchstone.

I suppose this could be hackable, though. Not that I know how to do it.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Vibrating on a magnet would be counter-productive. Just imagine it in a car hanging on the TS, call comes in, Pre Vibrates and goes plummeting down.