1.    #1  
    Hi all,
    I have a Parrot hands free device wired in to my stereo.
    It's great and allows me to make voice dial calls to my Pre, it plays the audio over the speakers and mutes all other audio during the call.
    I installed this when I had my iPhone, so I didn't get the model with A2DP.

I've been considering getting a new stereo that has built in Bluetooth support, but then my wife just decided she doesn't want her Motorola T505 anymore.

For those that don't know, this is a device that clips on your visor and transmits to an FM station, it handles voice calls and A2DP for music.

My question is, is it possible to pair with both devices and use the T505 for music and the Parrot for calls?
    This way I'd have the advantages of the Parrot device, but my music and everything would still mute during a call.

Thanks for any input.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
  2.    #2  
    I just answered my own question.. looks like you can only be connected to one Bluetooth device at a time.
    Now I haven't tried it with my PRE but I use to Pair my BlackB for Calls and my Instinct for Music with my T505.

I know you are trying to go the other way and use 2 BT devises with the one Phone , but I do know it can work the other way.
  4.    #4  
    Another thought I had on this is does anyone know if you have a hands free device in the car that handles only phone and an AD2P receiver that does not do calls, will the Pre pair with both?

I've tried pairing the Pre with two devices that support both phone and music and could only do one at a time, but thought with the two different protocols it might let you do it.

Just curious if anyone has tried.
  5.    #5  
    OK, just dug around a little more and found this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ices-once.html

So apparently it is possible, I'll be testing this tonight.

-----

Don't know how the person in the other post did it, but I just tried and it doesn't work.
    No matter what the profile, looks like you can only pair with one device at a time.
    Last edited by showson1; 07/22/2009 at 05:20 PM.
    The thing to do is get a bluetooth device that has both profiles so that the Pre pairs with one device , but uses both profiles. When it pairs you can see a handset and the music icon. It works pretty well in my car that way. I still have some issues when a call comes in not defaulting to the car speakers. I'm hoping a Pre firmware update will solve that.
    John
  7.    #7  
    Yeah, I know about the device with both profiles, but I have an aftermarket bluetooth device that hooks in-line with my stereo, so it's like it's built in.

It works GREAT so I was trying to avoid replacing it or my stereo.. looks like I'm gonna' have to though I guess.