Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    just checked shipping now!!!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    by Skin do you mean a invisible shield or equivalent? Also, does this add a lot of thickness to the Pre? Thanks.
    My case arrived today. However, I'm not sure whether or not I should install it. I have a replacement pre on order -- mine has a terrible "oreo." I would still like to protect the device I have now but I am not sure how difficult this case would be to remove/reinstall on my replacement pre.

Any thoughts? I know some of you have the case already -- would you recommend I wait for the new pre?
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    Now... For those of you with Touchstone... It works fine with the case however, the strength of the "hold" is diminished because of the added thickness of the case. It still stays on there and won't slide off, but for those of you with the Touchstones in your cars, this may no longer be a viable option. In my opinion, it most likely won't stay "stuck" onto the Touchstone when going over even mild bumps and potholes.
    Thanks for the awesome review. Too bad about the reduced magnetic hold due to the innocase. I definitely need to have my Pre secure while mounted on my touchstone in my car, so I think I'm going to have to pass on this case.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    My case arrived today. However, I'm not sure whether or not I should install it. I have a replacement pre on order -- mine has a terrible "oreo." I would still like to protect the device I have now but I am not sure how difficult this case would be to remove/reinstall on my replacement pre.

Any thoughts? I know some of you have the case already -- would you recommend I wait for the new pre?
    It is simple to remove, there are little clips that snap into place when putting it on all you have to do it simply pop it off. Obviously you dont want to do this a ton of times but I took mine off several times when I first got it to see how it fit. The case does add a little bit of weight but for the better as it makes the phone feel sturdier.
    Anyone that gets an innocase and doesn't want to keep it, I will trade you one for a spare battery.
    Found a skin company that makes just a face skin, doesn't wrap around the sides. It isn't a perfect cut, the cutout for the button is too large, but the material is comparable to IS or BSE w/less orange peel in my opinion. Its called Skinomi, and the face skin works perfect with the Innocase. Sorry can't post links yet, just remove the spaces.

w w w.skinomi.com/palmpre.html
    Quote Originally Posted by hammersfd View Post
    Found a skin company that makes just a face skin, doesn't wrap around the sides. It isn't a perfect cut, the cutout for the button is too large, but the material is comparable to IS or BSE w/less orange peel in my opinion. Its called Skinomi, and the face skin works perfect with the Innocase. Sorry can't post links yet, just remove the spaces.

w w w.skinomi.com/palmpre.html

Seem a bit pricey, I wonder how they compare to the Screenguardz ones. You get 15 for the same price as one Skinomi:

ScreenGuardz - Quality Screen Protectors for Less! | Palm Pre Screen Protector
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Would someone with an Innocase please comment on how it affects opening the USB port cover? It seems from the pics like it might make that task a bit more difficult.
    I have no probs with my USB port....its much easier if you open it with the slider up.
    Seem a bit pricey
    Very competitive prices with Zagg, PhantomSkinz, and BodyGuardz. Different type of skin from the ScreenGuardz.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I got this case today and wanted to just give my oppinion:

It fits very nice and has a great feel. It makes the phone feel a little more secure. I have some oreo effect, and this makes it feel a little less drastic. Im not sure it it actualy reduces the oreo effect, but because of the steardier feel I notice it less. The case adds little weight and bulk when in my pocket. I can barely notice the difference.

It works well with the Tochstone, but if you are going to use in the car the magnatism is definely less.
    I paid the extra dollar-whatever to FedEx it. I trust them more plus I get to track it...

It was shipped Friday and is sitting on my doorstep right now waiting for me to get home from work.

(Yeah, I know USPS has tracking too, but sometimes I have whatever it is in my mailbox before the USPS website even update to say it's even been shipped! )
    A bit off-topic but I agree USPS tracking is mildly useful when compared to FedEx or UPS.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by musk View Post
    Would someone with an Innocase please comment on how it affects opening the USB port cover? It seems from the pics like it might make that task a bit more difficult.
    no problems at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolcrush View Post
    It is simple to remove, there are little clips that snap into place when putting it on all you have to do it simply pop it off. Obviously you dont want to do this a ton of times but I took mine off several times when I first got it to see how it fit. The case does add a little bit of weight but for the better as it makes the phone feel sturdier.
    Sweet! Thanks, I'm gonna apply it now
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Does the Innocase case fit into the Palm Pre leather case?

Dave in TX
    Got home and the box from Seidio was sitting on my doorstep waiting for me.

I ordered the Innocase and the Ultimate Screen Guard (USG).

First I installed the USG. It's very simple compated to an Invisible Shield or other full-body skin. It's not a "sticker" but is a static cling type shield. It sticks solidly to the screen. Make sure it's clean and dust/lint free. Peel about an inch of the backing down from the top of the shield and center the top edge on the phone. Then slowly peel back the rest of the backing as you're applying the shield downwards. My first attempt went flawless. Centered perfectly and no lint or bubbles caught underneath.
    So, do you think that the USG is something that can be applied, and if removed, reapplied easily?

I have to exchange my pre due to a faulty slider, but I'm waiting for my corporate store to get my new one in. They ordered it, but it may take a week or so. I wouldn't mind protecting the screen on the one I have now -- but I don't want to *waste* my USG on this device if it can't be removed and reapplied. I don't see anywhere in the directions from Seidio an indicator that it could be removed and reapplied. Any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Got home and the box from Seidio was sitting on my doorstep waiting for me.

I ordered the Innocase and the Ultimate Screen Guard (USG).

First I installed the USG. It's very simple compated to an Invisible Shield or other full-body skin. It's not a "sticker" but is a static cling type shield. It sticks solidly to the screen. Make sure it's clean and dust/lint free. Peel about an inch of the backing down from the top of the shield and center the top edge on the phone. Then slowly peel back the rest of the backing as you're applying the shield downwards. My first attempt went flawless. Centered perfectly and no lint or bubbles caught underneath.

Next, onto the Innocase.

It comes with a rubberized pad that you need to use if you don't have a Touchstone back. I have a Touchstone so I removed the pad, which isn't stuck on or anything. Instructions say to open the slider and stick the keyboard end of the phone into the corresponding end of the case first then snap the top end into the case. Then Close the slider and do the same with the top part for the slider section. The case doesn't necessarily "snap" into place but it is definitely secure. It does not seem to have enough clearance to go over a Pre that has a skin on it.

The rubberized feel and extra width of the case makes the phone feel secure in my hands. Feels good. The case does not interferre with the opening action in any way. For those of us with the "oreo" twist issue, it does seem to help a little bit, but the twist is still there...

Now... For those of you with Touchstone... It works fine with the case however, the strength of the "hold" is diminished because of the added thickness of the case. It still stays on there and won't slide off, but for those of you with the Touchstones in your cars, this may no longer be a viable option. In my opinion, it most likely won't stay "stuck" onto the Touchstone when going over even mild bumps and potholes.

Sorry I don't have pics. It's late and I'm exhausted but I will get some ASAP.

Hope this helps anyone who's on the fence...

I'll give some ratings on a scale of 1 - 5 (5 being the best) on the following:

Quality: 5 (great feel. feels good in hand)

Ease of Installation: 5 (very very easy)

Security: 3.5 (will probably pop off when dropped on a hard surface from higher up, but it will still protect the Pre)

Value: 5 (for people with the Touchstone it's the only option. Even for those without the Touchstone it's a great value due to quality and fit)
    Wonderful review. I too, like you, ordered both the Innocase as well as the Ultimate Screen Guard.

My first impressions:

Total installation time: 10 minutes (if you are being cautious...if not, shouldn't take more than 5)

The USG: Installation

The instructions are a little bit useless since they do not provide illustrations of some of their directions...but it is easy nonetheless. I applied the USG first, and unfortunately, my USG is only slightly off-center, but definitely not a deal-breaker. Plus, once the USG is on, I figured I would leave it and not try to reapply out of fear of 'smudging' the underside of the USG (the side that makes contact with the screen istelf). Seidio's instructions explicitly state not to touch that specific surface of the ultimate screen guard. So, since I am not too entirely OCD, I am fine with leaving the USG how it is.

The USG: Impressions/satisfaction

Since I am someone who had the unfortunate experience of purchasing 'universal' screen protectors (yes, the ones you have to cut to fit the screen of whatever device you were using), I was a bit skeptical about Seidio's offering at first. With the universal protectors, air bubbles are almost a certainty. With the USG, I was under the impression that air bubbles were also a problem since the instructions were pretty clear that you needed a credit card or an ID card (or something of similar 'rigidity') when applying the screen to smooth out any bubbles.

Let me tell you that if you use a credit card (I used my drivers license) to smooth the USG down as you apply you will get NO air bubbles. This product is so easy to apply that I am sure if you are careful enough, a credit card to smooth out the USG is probably not even needed. But honestly, just use one to smooth things out.

My first impressions: if you do not want to use one of those body armor-type phone protectors (the ones you have to 'let dry' for an extended period of time), then this is the product for you. I am more than satisfied with the screen protector. At first, it did feel like the surface had a tackiness to it that would not allow my finger to slide across the screen, but after using the phone for 5 minutes you realize that bit of tackiness is negligible.

All gestures work flawlessly with the screen, picture clarity is the same as if there was no screen guard on it at all (I know some screen protectors advertise that they block UV and other colors to 'brighten' the screen...but those can make the actual screen clarity look tinted and unnatural.) Seidio got this screen guard right. And the best part -- it uses no adhesives.

The Innocase: Installation

Once again, Seidio's instructions are kind of stupid. However, installation of the Innocase is pain-free. I have the touchstone charger, so I have the touchstone back as well, and the foam insert on the Innocase needed to be taken out. It was easy to do, the foam insert was 'placed' in the case and came out without a fight. The backing of the Innocase snapped in quite easily. My recommendation: find the parts of the case that physically go over the phone to 'secure' the case to the device and 'help' those little prongs cover the phone itself. This makes the installation of the case a breeze (and as you can imagine, this was not included in the directions).

The faceplate installs in a similarly simple manner. It snaps on in a second.

The Innocase: Impressions/Satisfaction

This is the biggie. Does the Innocase satisfy? My answer: absolutely yes. The case itself is extremely sturdy. It is not one of those 'jelly' cases that you see people put on their iPhones and Blackberrys. This case has a rigidity to it that resembles a 'hard' case but feels great and does allow for minor bending. The case itself has a rubberized feel to it, very similar to the touchstone back of the device itself...but in my opinion, not as satisfying (although its pretty damn close).

The phone opens and closes with the same ease. I do feel that the security of the devices exterior is increased, although I agree with that LSU fan's review saying the cases feel like they could easily popped off if the phone is dropped. Just don't drop the phone

Charging with the touchstone was always a great feeling with the touchstone back because you could really feel the magnets lock together. Obviously, with the added bulk of the innocase, that 'locking' feeling is reduced considerably. The phone still sticks to the touchstone with the innocase on, but you definitely notice that any slight movements could knock it off the touchstone. I definitely do not advise using the innocase if you use the touchstone in a vehicle. For the 99% of you that do not have a touchstone in your car, the innocase will not interfere with the satisfaction of using your touchstone charger. In fact, charging time was not reduced at all by having the innocase.

Pushing the buttons (volume, power) is the same as before.

The one thing that has become slightly more difficult is opening the USB door. However, as most of you I am sure do already, sliding the phone open and then opening the door fixes this problem.

The case and USG together cover 95% of the phone's surface. there is a small gap in between the USG and the innocase on the screen of the phone, but this should not be a problem.

I know this review is long, and thorough, however, I know some people will appreciate this next tid-bit: In my case, the Innocase definitely increased the 'feel' of the phone regarding build quality. Perfect example: my Pre (before the innocase) felt squeaky when I pushed some of the keyboard buttons, easpecially in the bottom right corner of the keyboard (almost as if it was hollow there). The innocase feels like it 'stiffens' up the device, and the 'squeakiness' and 'hollowness' I was feeling is gone.

Score:

Ease of installation of both products: 4.5/5 (ymmv)

Satisfaction: 5/5

It is so refreshing to feel like my Pre is finally 'sturdy'. Go buy this if you already havent.

(sorry if some of the picture quality is not great, I'm not good with the digital camera...I really make the USG look bad in some instances but trust me, it's not).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hook_em; 07/16/2009 at 02:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    So, do you think that the USG is something that can be applied, and if removed, reapplied easily?

I have to exchange my pre due to a faulty slider, but I'm waiting for my corporate store to get my new one in. They ordered it, but it may take a week or so. I wouldn't mind protecting the screen on the one I have now -- but I don't want to *waste* my USG on this device if it can't be removed and reapplied. I don't see anywhere in the directions from Seidio an indicator that it could be removed and reapplied. Any thoughts?
    I wouldn't reapply for fear of getting finger prints on the underside of the USG. My best advice is to try to get it right the first time, so if you are waiting for a new Pre, just wait to put on the USG.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drcarson View Post
    Does the Innocase case fit into the Palm Pre leather case?

Dave in TX
    not sure i do not have one but it does not fit in the supplied pouch.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast