Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    just shipped, hopefully i don't have too long to wait...oh that's right, i chose USPS. that'll be a week then
    Quote Originally Posted by dohcrx View Post
    just shipped, hopefully i don't have too long to wait...oh that's right, i chose USPS. that'll be a week then
    I paid the extra dollar-whatever to FedEx it. I trust them more plus I get to track it...

It was shipped Friday and is sitting on my doorstep right now waiting for me to get home from work.

(Yeah, I know USPS has tracking too, but sometimes I have whatever it is in my mailbox before the USPS website even update to say it's even been shipped! )
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Well finally got the email I've been waiting for. Shipping today from a 7/6 order, wow! Good news is I should have it by Thursday so I'll be able to give you guys my honest opinion. If I have time I'll snap some pics too.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I ordered mine Sunday Night and it shipped today. Fed-ex says I should get it on Thursday.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    Well finally got the email I've been waiting for. Shipping today from a 7/6 order, wow! Good news is I should have it by Thursday so I'll be able to give you guys my honest opinion. If I have time I'll snap some pics too.
    Did you order from Amazon or directly from Seidio?

My order date was 7/7 from Amazon so that is exciting news, if you ordered from Amazon.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post

My order date was 7/7 from Amazon so that is exciting news, if you ordered from Amazon.
    I placed my Amazon order 7/7 but has been in the same stage:

Items not yet shipped:
    Delivery estimate: August 6, 2009 - August 20, 2009

* 1 of: Seidio CSR2PMPRE-BK Innocase Surface for Use with Palm Pre (Black)
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post

Sorry to tell you but ordered from Seidio. I'm sure you will get your soon.
    Got home and the box from Seidio was sitting on my doorstep waiting for me.

I ordered the Innocase and the Ultimate Screen Guard (USG).

First I installed the USG. It's very simple compated to an Invisible Shield or other full-body skin. It's not a "sticker" but is a static cling type shield. It sticks solidly to the screen. Make sure it's clean and dust/lint free. Peel about an inch of the backing down from the top of the shield and center the top edge on the phone. Then slowly peel back the rest of the backing as you're applying the shield downwards. My first attempt went flawless. Centered perfectly and no lint or bubbles caught underneath.

Next, onto the Innocase.

It comes with a rubberized pad that you need to use if you don't have a Touchstone back. I have a Touchstone so I removed the pad, which isn't stuck on or anything. Instructions say to open the slider and stick the keyboard end of the phone into the corresponding end of the case first then snap the top end into the case. Then Close the slider and do the same with the top part for the slider section. The case doesn't necessarily "snap" into place but it is definitely secure. It does not seem to have enough clearance to go over a Pre that has a skin on it.

The rubberized feel and extra width of the case makes the phone feel secure in my hands. Feels good. The case does not interferre with the opening action in any way. For those of us with the "oreo" twist issue, it does seem to help a little bit, but the twist is still there...

Now... For those of you with Touchstone... It works fine with the case however, the strength of the "hold" is diminished because of the added thickness of the case. It still stays on there and won't slide off, but for those of you with the Touchstones in your cars, this may no longer be a viable option. In my opinion, it most likely won't stay "stuck" onto the Touchstone when going over even mild bumps and potholes.

Sorry I don't have pics. It's late and I'm exhausted but I will get some ASAP.

Hope this helps anyone who's on the fence...

I'll give some ratings on a scale of 1 - 5 (5 being the best) on the following:

Quality: 5 (great feel. feels good in hand)

Ease of Installation: 5 (very very easy)

Security: 3.5 (will probably pop off when dropped on a hard surface from higher up, but it will still protect the Pre)

Value: 5 (for people with the Touchstone it's the only option. Even for those without the Touchstone it's a great value due to quality and fit)
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Thanks for the review....I am really looking forward to mine. FYI there are new, better pics up on the seidio site now, including all the colors. Does the case cover the edges of the screen guard?
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Awesome review. Was waiting for it, Thanks! Did you have a skin of any kind before the USG? Which do you like better? I have a BSE on right now but also ordered a USG because of the innocase. Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by joelkamp View Post
    Thanks for the review....I am really looking forward to mine. FYI there are new, better pics up on the seidio site now, including all the colors. Does the case cover the edges of the screen guard?
    It does not go all the way up to the edge of the screen guard. there is about a 1/16th - 1/8th inch gap all the way around.
    Quote Originally Posted by fraz View Post
    Awesome review. Was waiting for it, Thanks! Did you have a skin of any kind before the USG? Which do you like better? I have a BSE on right now but also ordered a USG because of the innocase. Thanks again.
    I did have the Invisible Shield skin for all of about 3 hours. I hated it. It was too tacky and my fingers would not slide across it like they would on the bare screen. The USG is smooth as silk and does NOT decrease the touch screen's sensitivity at all.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    does the USG go all the way around the center button or does it have a u shaped cut out?
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    Got home and the box from Seidio was sitting on my doorstep waiting for me.

I ordered the Innocase and the Ultimate Screen Guard (USG).

First I installed the USG. It's very simple compated to an Invisible Shield or other full-body skin. It's not a "sticker" but is a static cling type shield. It sticks solidly to the screen. Make sure it's clean and dust/lint free. Peel about an inch of the backing down from the top of the shield and center the top edge on the phone. Then slowly peel back the rest of the backing as you're applying the shield downwards. My first attempt went flawless. Centered perfectly and no lint or bubbles caught underneath.

Next, onto the Innocase.

It comes with a rubberized pad that you need to use if you don't have a Touchstone back. I have a Touchstone so I removed the pad, which isn't stuck on or anything. Instructions say to open the slider and stick the keyboard end of the phone into the corresponding end of the case first then snap the top end into the case. Then Close the slider and do the same with the top part for the slider section. The case doesn't necessarily "snap" into place but it is definitely secure. It does not seem to have enough clearance to go over a Pre that has a skin on it.

The rubberized feel and extra width of the case makes the phone feel secure in my hands. Feels good. The case does not interferre with the opening action in any way. For those of us with the "oreo" twist issue, it does seem to help a little bit, but the twist is still there...

Now... For those of you with Touchstone... It works fine with the case however, the strength of the "hold" is diminished because of the added thickness of the case. It still stays on there and won't slide off, but for those of you with the Touchstones in your cars, this may no longer be a viable option. In my opinion, it most likely won't stay "stuck" onto the Touchstone when going over even mild bumps and potholes.

Sorry I don't have pics. It's late and I'm exhausted but I will get some ASAP.

Hope this helps anyone who's on the fence...

I'll give some ratings on a scale of 1 - 5 (5 being the best) on the following:

Quality: 5 (great feel. feels good in hand)

Ease of Installation: 5 (very very easy)

Security: 3.5 (will probably pop off when dropped on a hard surface from higher up, but it will still protect the Pre)

Value: 5 (for people with the Touchstone it's the only option. Even for those without the Touchstone it's a great value due to quality and fit)
    Very nice, that's exactly what I wanted to hear about the Touchstone usage and how the case affects the "oreo" issue. My oreo wiggle is very slight, so even a small improvement would make mine excellent.

I believe I'm going to have to order one of these things, now I just need to decide which color. I like red cases in general, but the burgundy doesn't look very RED, ya know? Decisions, decisions.
    Quote Originally Posted by joelkamp View Post
    does the USG go all the way around the center button or does it have a u shaped cut out?
    It does not go all the way around. It's a "U" shaped cutout like you said.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    ordered mine on saturday and received it today. It is a solid case and actually helps with the twisting a bit, but the best part is it makes th ephone feel alot more sturdier to me.
    Got mine today. It's pretty good, really. The only thing I don't like so much is that the Pre now rests less securely on the Touchstone. It requires a bit of fiddling to find the sweet spot.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    pleeeeeeeeeeeease post some pics?
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    See the seidio site, they have new much better pics up now.

seidioonline.com
    oh man, i really want it. i just can't decide what color! and they're expensive, so i can only justify one.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast