Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    did they give you a specific BB corp number? going to give them a call about it
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyvsp View Post
    Could someone post or a send me a copy of the website print out or screen shot. Thanks! I'm gonna try and call customer relations.
    I have a PDF on my home computer that I can post here later (when I'm home). I knew that Best Buy would most likely remove this from their website, so I printed to PDF last night.

However, the OP has a link that still works:
    Palm - Pre Touchstone Charging Dock (2-Pack) - Black - 3456WW

The page is still there (as of this post), you just can't search for it anymore.
    Last edited by DDT1345; 07/06/2009 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Typo
    As of 12:24pm Pacific Time on July 6, 2009, I received the 2nd of two emails from Best Buy, with the 2nd stating that the item is in stock.

Yes, this is after the page had been removed and was only available via direct link (thanks to forum goers here). I am off work in about 3.5 hours, so WISH ME LUCK! I always like a good fight with customer service (though I'm always professional and never yell). I'm even wearing a tie today and will look even more professional.
    I posted a review, but so far there aren't any reviews posted yet. I think BB is reviewing them before posting them.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    i called 612-291-1000 and spoke with a guy, he transferred me to another place and they only offered a refund
    Quote Originally Posted by tavarua88 View Post
    i called 612-291-1000 and spoke with a guy, he transferred me to another place and they only offered a refund
    yea i got transferred to the bestbuy.com people i think and spoke to a lady and she just gave me a free one
    I tried doing this at a few Best Buy's over the weekend and my results:
    1) One BestBuy offered to give me one kit for $39.99. I took it.
    2) Another BestBuy offered to give me one kit for $49.99 (the price on the BestBuy website for one). There was also a 10% coupon that printed out when I went to pick up my purchase and I asked the guy if I could use it and he said that's fine. So it came out to be $45.
    3) Another BestBuy refused to do anything for me and said it was the website's fault and I should call them up. Asked for a refund and left.
    Oh I also called to BestBuy customer support at 888-BEST-BUY and complained. The best they did for me was a $10 Gift Card they said they'd send in the mail. Not exactly what I wanted but I guess that's something.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    guess its hit or miss with the rep, i called again, they couldn't give me another pack for free as someone else got, because BB.com has pulled it from the system. the best i got was a $15 GC and $22 in credit back to my card.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I am not an attorney, but I do know that this is not an advertisement; it is an offer for sale. When Best Buy puts something on their Web site with text entry fields for you to enter your credit card number and a button for you to submit the order, they are inviting you to become a party in a purchasing contract. When they offer you a product for purchase by describing the product and allow you to pay for the product, then this is "offer and acceptance," which is a legally binding contract in any state (I believe). Once they have offered the product and accepted payment, they are legally bound to provide the product.

Most stores will honor the contract to maintain good will. They wouldn't want to get a reputation as a store that regularly breaks contracts leaving customers frustrated.

On the other hand, what happens if they do try to back out of the contract? If they offer to give your money back, then you have not been harmed, except perhaps for the time you spent driving to the store to pick it up. In that case, they will usually offer you something for your inconvenience. There is no hard or fast rule that dictates what will maintain good will with the customer. They want you to come back, so that's up to you to negotiate.

That's my $0.02.
    Yup, for those of us trying to score a 2-for-1, this is a very likely possibility. Simply refunding our money makes them in no way liable. They advertised, it was wrong, they say sorry, we get money back. Simple. I'm still going to try my best to get a good service rep, but I'm not too hopeful. I will know in about 2-3 hours...

Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I am not an attorney, but I do know that this is not an advertisement; it is an offer for sale. When Best Buy puts something on their Web site with text entry fields for you to enter your credit card number and a button for you to submit the order, they are inviting you to become a party in a purchasing contract. When they offer you a product for purchase by describing the product and allow you to pay for the product, then this is "offer and acceptance," which is a legally binding contract in any state (I believe). Once they have offered the product and accepted payment, they are legally bound to provide the product.

Most stores will honor the contract to maintain good will. They wouldn't want to get a reputation as a store that regularly breaks contracts leaving customers frustrated.

On the other hand, what happens if they do try to back out of the contract? If they offer to give your money back, then you have not been harmed, except perhaps for the time you spent driving to the store to pick it up. In that case, they will usually offer you something for your inconvenience. There is no hard or fast rule that dictates what will maintain good will with the customer. They want you to come back, so that's up to you to negotiate.

That's my $0.02.
    I purchased one last night for store pickup today and when I went to pick it up they only brought one to the counter and I said that is not what I ordered. I then proceeded to show her the bookmarked page on my Pre. She then tried looking it up on Best Buy.com with no luck. I then had her to look at Palm.com to show here what they described compared to the double set that Palm offers. She then called her manager and he knew about the screw up and said it was being fixed. But he then proceeded to give me two touchstones and one Palm car charger for there mistake. The manager was very nice and no one had to get mad or upset. Lucky for me I guess.
    you know what the problem is... I think most of us didnt get the wall charger and best buy doesn't sell it. so how can they give us something they don't sell??? I'm going to ask for a credit of 26.99- the amount it costs for a wall charger from sprint. I hope it works... I don't see any other remedy. I am not going to accept a refund for something that I paid for and they did not provide. What do you guys think?

Anyone else with me when I say class action?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyvsp View Post
    you know what the problem is... I think most of us didnt get the wall charger and best buy doesn't sell it. so how can they give us something they don't sell??? I'm going to ask for a credit of 26.99- the amount it costs for a wall charger from sprint. I hope it works... I don't see any other remedy. I am not going to accept a refund for something that I paid for and they did not provide. What do you guys think?

Anyone else with me when I say class action?!?!
    You do get a second back plate worth $20. I was able to get a $40 gift card (well, I'll believe it when I see it) by calling customer service. I quoted the price of the international charger kit from palm which is $39.99.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhebert121 View Post
    same for me
    The salesperson called bb.com and they knew about the issue and told her(salesperson) I was only due one kit. The whole time she was on the phone though I was chit chatting with the manager about how cool the phone and charger was. Right after she said what bb.com told her the manager just told her to zero one out and give it to me. I can't stress how much it pays off to just be nice.
    Glad to hear. I went to the WLR store and the manager that helped me was extremely nice. She was also really interested in my experience with the phone so far. That's prob what made my experience so smooth.

It's good to hear that a lot of other people are STILL having good results. For everyone else that wasn't successful, I'm sure there'll be other ways to stick it to bb in the future.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Attached PDF file is of Best Buy's Touchstone 2-pack page, as promised.

It clearly states $69.99 and the following:

What's Included:
    -Palm Pre Touchstone Charging Dock (2-Pack)
    -International power charger
    -Touchstone back cover
    -Owner's manual
    I went to the store to pick up and the ****face kept telling me that he couldn't sell me the product because he didn't have it. He would not give me 2 touchstones, or offer one for half price, saying he could only give me a refund. I forgot to use the magic words "bad faith" and "bait and switch" in my argument. What next? Should I call up bb corporate?
    Quote Originally Posted by free hurricane View Post
    I went to the store to pick up and the ****face kept telling me that he couldn't sell me the product because he didn't have it. He would not give me 2 touchstones, saying he could only give me a refund. I forgot to use the magic words "bad faith" and "bait and switch" in my argument. What next? Should I call up bb corporate?
    Try a different store, call customer relations asking to speak with a "regional manager" and voice your complaint.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Ok. I just spoke with customer relations about the manager at the original store who was very rude to me. The guy said he was going to file a complaint, but almost seemed like he was saying it to please me. I only mentioned the manager's name once at the beginning and he never verified it with me. He then said I had to talk with the Bestbuy.com people to find out about the charger and transferred me to them.

After that a lady answered and said she would do some research and call me back. All of this is after I emailed them (on Friday) and asked in a survey (yesterday) to have someone call me about this. The customer relations said he had no record of my email, even though I have the automated response as proof. More frustration with them, but hopefully they will call back tomorrow and make it right.
    It says it's the dual kit - but they don't even carry that. Why should they give you something you DIDN'T order? Makes no sense at all.

And to be mad that you "wasted my time and gas" is laughable. You knew you were trying to scam them before you even left your house....

Class action suit, hilarious!
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast