Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
    Well... This work for me with one exception. I didn't get the wall charger. I was luckly enough I had a couple of chicks working the register and the BB mobile. She gave me one and I was like... "yo what's up?" and she was like "oh my bad" and then she brings out another one. And the I was like "yo!!! What's up!" and she was like "I'm sorry, we don't have that in stock, do you want a refund?" and I was like "nah... Its cool!" 2 for 1 was good enough for me, I wasn't trying to be greedy. Thanks who ever did the OP!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewzer View Post
    He looked puzzled so then I dromped the precentral thread on him and said other BB's were making it right. He asked what I wanted and I told him to sell it to me at the employee price. He said OK but form the 5 seconds he said OK to the time it took him to walk to the register I'm pretty sure he rethought that. He hit two buttons and then told me that there wasn't an employee discount for this item. I knew this was a bunch of BS but the guy obviously took pride in being a ****. The CS gal refunded my money and apologized numerous times.
    ...You must have missed the part in the thread where a Best Buy employee candidly posted that Palm was restricting from selling Palm products below MSRP and that they were not even getting employee discounts.

As for the deal with Best Buy's price matching it. I work in Best Buy Mobile so I looked into this for a customer today. (And myself, LOL). Palm has a strict rule where no Best Buy is allowed to do ANY discount on ANY Palm branded product. As a matter of fact employees aren't even allowed to buy Palm items at a discount, it's really pretty sad. I had a customer come in today about this, he was the nicest guy about everything, and I felt bad about the whole deal, but any BBY Mobile caught giving any discount on Palm stuff loses their right to sell Palm Phones and accessories (kinda like Apple). After 10 minutes of fighting with management I was able to give the guy a $10 gift card for his trouble and gas, which he did end up using to buy himself a touchstone with. He was genuinelly nice.
    http://forums.precentral.net/1729543-post66.html
    Success. I ordered the item went to store for pickup, received the wrong item, pointed this out. Surprisingly, they had not had anyone at that store with this issue. It took them 25 minutes to finally figure out that there was a mistake on the website. The department manager refused to adjust my order, I asked for the store manager. He gave me two touchstones for the price of one and suggested that I call corporate to see if they are willing to give me a giftcard to cover the price of the charger that was not included.

I called Besybuy and was transferred to various departments and eventually they were able to add points to my rewards zone that I can use to purchase item at the store, enough to buy a charger that was not included.

I waited a long time at the store and on the phone, but everyone was polite and eventually resolved my issue. It seems that BB customer service in-store and on the phone depends on the luck of the draw.
    Eek, I'll gladly pay Amazon $40 for a 2nd Touchstone (whenever they're back in stock) than having to deal with BBY and their shenenigans.

And eBay has original Palm AC adapters (w/ microUSB cable incl.) for around $13 shipped.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoteriX View Post
    ...You must have missed the part in the thread where a Best Buy employee candidly posted that Palm was restricting from selling Palm products below MSRP and that they were not even getting employee discounts.

http://forums.precentral.net/1729543-post66.html
    I did miss that part. I actually thought I had read in here that the employee price was $35. So maybe the manager wasn't as big of a **** as I thought he was, but he was still a **** none the less.
    Who are you guys calling at customer service? I want a credit for the charger
    yeah... I definitely want credit for the charger too... Let me know how that goes.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Just got an email from Bestbuy.com stating "Item not found in store, Not available for Pickup." The automated email said they will just cancel my order.
    Just went into the store to pick mine up. They were VERY helpful. Got two touchstones and a travel charger (the palm one) since they didn't have any international chargers.
    Best Buy has removed the Touchstone 2 pack from their website. Glad I got mine yesterday at the store. I did the same as most of you. Went in and showed them the item on the website. Checked the boxes. Talked with the manager and got 2 for 1. Somebody f'd up.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyvsp View Post
    yeah... I definitely want credit for the charger too... Let me know how that goes.
    I called and had to talk to Customer Relations. The first store I went to, I was treated like dog crap and the manager was beyond rude. I ended up going to a second store to get my chargers. Long story short, they gave me a $40 gift card for the charger (supposedly it will be mailed).

The funny thing is, when I called both the mobile rep and customer relations person I spoke with said they were aware of the problem regarding the touchstone mix up, but It is still listed on their site. wtf... lol
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph S Vaccarella View Post
    Best Buy has removed the Touchstone 2 pack from their website. Glad I got mine yesterday at the store. I did the same as most of you. Went in and showed them the item on the website. Checked the boxes. Talked with the manager and got 2 for 1. Somebody f'd up.
    It's still on their site just not searchable. the OP has the link in the post.
    I'm looking at the item right now, I'm surprised no one has written a review on the Best Buy site, lol.

Even though it can no longer be found via search, the link is still active and I placed my order this morning. The Best Buy I will pick it up from is only slightly out of my way when traveling home from work, so wish me luck.

I have all of my printouts (Palm site, Best Buy product page, receipt, email receipt). AND, "California Dept. of Consumer Affairs Fact Sheet."

Department of Consumer Affairs Fact Sheet - California Department Of Consumer Affairs
    Quote Originally Posted by a dumb cat View Post
    I'm looking at the item right now, I'm surprised no one has written a review on the Best Buy site, lol.
    I just did
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I, too, just got back from my Best Buy (Salisbury, MD) after doing everything listed above. I was more than nice during the whole process but both the CSR and MGR said that they have no control over what BB.com can do and basically wished me on my way.

I also agree that they should stand by their pricing (mistaken or otherwise).
    Like everyone else, when I went to pick up at BB, they tried to give me the single touchstone kit as that is all they carry. When I pointed out that's not what was advertised on BB.com, they were puzzled and checked online and with a dept manager. I was nice and so were they, but they wouldn't/couldn't do anything for me other than apologize for BB.com mistake. I returned the touchstone kit, but before I left I politely asked if they would do a price-match. They said they normally don't do a price-match with an on-line store, but said they'd make an exception this was BB's mistake. So I just got the single touchstone kit for the same price as precentral's online price of 49.99. (Even though precentral has been out of stock for a long time and won't be available " 'til around 7/10.") They even subtracted the tax, so my total bill was actually 50.01. Not exactly what I wanted, but at least I didn't go home empty-handed.
    I ordered mine and then decided to cancel it. Its just not worth it to me to go to the store and clearly know they have a misprint on the price and fight for something thats wrong. Plus I hate going to stores and deal with cs issues and prices. I just like to go in, pay and leave.
    Could someone post or a send me a copy of the website print out or screen shot. Thanks! I'm gonna try and call customer relations.
    For giggles, here is my review on BB.com regarding this:

Customer Rating: 1

Bait and Switch 07/06/2009
    By TCovert from Detroit

"Best buy has really screwed up on this one. The description is for the Palm "Dual Location Charging Kit" which includes Two touchstone charging pucks (2-pack), an international charge and touchstone back cover. The item id/sku is for a single Touchstone kit. I call this "bait and switch" because when you order something based on a description and you go to pick it up and are handed something else, that is a problem.

The first store I went to had no clue what was going on except that "it is a mistake" and basically wasted my time and had no desire to make sure I was satisfied. I was able to go trough the process again at a second location and the resolution was to sell me two Touchstone kits for the price of one.

Don't let the employees tell you they can't do anything about it, that is b.s. because the manager can adjust the price to accommodate you for their (best buy) mistake. I would also call customer relations because this kit should include an additional power charger."

Would you recommend this product to a friend?: No
    went in yesterday and only got one, they said they couldnt give me two and gave me the BB number to call, i called in the store and the lady told me to call corporate tomorrow (today) i did that and the lady was very nice and got me another one to pick up at the same store
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast