Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Nitrogen76

Please share the link from amazon.

I tried 2 best buys with no luck
    amazon changed the price.. no longer $30 each..
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Anyone try the gaithersburg, md store?
    Quote Originally Posted by lylebrous View Post
    Nitrogen76

Please share the link from amazon.

I tried 2 best buys with no luck
    Quote Originally Posted by uprisingchuns View Post
    amazon changed the price.. no longer $30 each..
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002CMEIWK/...bosnation0e-20
    I bought 2 of these. Total was 75.98, no tax, no shipping. Was about the same as what best buy charged me with tax.

EDIT: Amazon just let me know I won't get the item until August 10th at the latest.
    Anger... Rising...
    Last edited by nitrogen76; 07/04/2009 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Fixed amazon link.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    No go for me.......:-(
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrogen76 View Post
    Amazon.com: Palm Pre Touchstone Charging Dock: Cell Phones & Service
    I bought 2 of these. Total was 75.98, no tax, no shipping. Was about the same as what best buy charged me with tax.

EDIT: Amazon just let me know I won't get the item until August 10th at the latest.
    Anger... Rising...
    That is the dock only. The Best Buy deal is for two kits, which includes two back covers and two docks. With Amazon you would still need to buy those and they are currently selling for $21.99 each. So for basically the same as you got the two docks on Amazon, we got two back covers as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by msgott View Post
    Anyone try the gaithersburg, md store?
    No go at the Shady Grove Rd store. Ordered on-line for in-store pickup but they couldn't sell me what they didn't have. They were nice about it and it wasn't worth a big fight over since I doubt it would be successful anyway.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I tried this morning, the deal is still up. I went to my local Best Buy in Orlando. When I got there no one had tried this deal before me. After speaking to the mobile rep he suggested that I just return the device but was willing to speak to a manager for me. The deal was still showing on the best buy website and after they talked for a few minutes the manager offered me $20 off each touchstone. Everyone I talked to was nice and tried to find a solution that would be best for me.

Now I have a touchstone for home and the car and an extra back in case one gets too scuffed up.
    Got the deal.

I ended up getting two Touchstone packs for the price of one. Here is what I did.

Went online to BB and ordered the kit this morning (July 5th).
    Printed out receipt, Palm's page showing the kit, and BB page showing the kit.
    Went to BB and picked up the item, while I was at the desk I began the following:

"This seems awfully small for so many items, may I open it?"
    "Sure you paid for it"
    "This is missing a number of items"
    Clerk checks item number speaks to mobile dept. (10 min)
    "Sorry sir we don't understand but it seems to be a typo, would you like a refund?"
    Smiling "May I speak to a manager please?"
    Manager, "Sir I can offer you $15 off the price for the inconvenience"
    "That's nice but I am really disappointed as this has been up on your website for a number of days. I do not really care about the charger it is really the extra puck that I desire. Can't I just get the price reduced so that it is relatively equitable? I will forgo the charger?"
    "Sir we cant do that but I will speak to the "Web sales" to find out about the error."

At this point I have spent about 20 min in the store, everything has been pleasant, I have been very professional and smiling the entire time. I also lost interest in this adventure and decided that when she returns I will just take the $15 off and call it a day (time is money). The manager returns

"Sir it seems someone placed the wrong item number on the website"
    " I completely understand."
    "I can now offer you one of three things 1. half off one package, 2. half off two packages, 3. half off two packages and the charger."
    " I will take the second one. Thank you very much"

I high tail it out there. This happened in BB in ATL. Thanks for the heads up OP
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I was also just offered the discount on just the one puck. Which I did end up taking bc I originally paid full retail at the sprint store. Of which, I am currently now sitting at, returning the original unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by lowlife View Post
    Got the deal.

"I can now offer you one of three things 1. half off one package, 2. half off two packages, 3. half off two packages and the charger."
    " I will take the second one. Thank you very much"

I high tail it out there. This happened in BB in ATL. Thanks for the heads up OP
    They offered you half of a charger as well? What charger? I didn't know one was sold separately. I was not offered this
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Probably half off a rocketfish charger
    The ad was still up on the Best Buy site this morning. I tried it with a store in Northern Virginia, no dice. The sales clerk initially thought she could give me the second charger for free, but contacted her manager to make sure. Because the SKUs were the same on the ad and the single touchstone, they apologized for the confusion, but did not offer any deals. So, I asked for a refund, which they processed immediately. Bummer, I was hoping I could swing at least a discount. Oh well. It was worth a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    They offered you half of a charger as well? What charger? I didn't know one was sold separately. I was not offered this
    I am not sure. I just wanted to get out of there ASAP. As soon as I walked out I wished I had checked. I did not recall seeing any chargers so I initially assumed it would be a non OEM.
    By the way the site still shows the item for sale. The manager told me that after calling the web department it seems it is going to be a "bonus" pack that they sell.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    So i already got my 2 for 1 like most of you, but i thought it was funny BB just sent me a "Pickup Reminder" since I never went through with the order. The guy told me just to wait 7 days and it will "fall off" and i'll not be charged.

They are reminding me to pick something up they don't sell or have. Interesting.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Well went to my BB store (also a friend of mine works there) showed them their ad along with the ad for the single touchstone and the ad from the Palm website that almost duplicates the BB ad. I purchased it online with the option of picking it up at the store. When I went in to pick up the touchstone, I called my friend over, showed him all the ads, he in return called the manager over, with everyone scratching their heads, the manager said something is wrong here. After discussing the matter a bit, he discounted the single touchstone and charging back to the $49.99 price and through in the car charger for my inconvenience. Now I have my touchstone, an extra touchstone back cover and the car charger(which I will hook up in my car along with the new touchstone)

BTW..... anyone need another touchstone back cover for their pre. I only have one pre.
    Hey guys, was pretty excited when I saw this on the bb site. Ordered mine tonight before I read through all the postings here. We'll see how that goes, I'm still going to try. I just read this on the BB website under policies. Thought I'd share with with you:

Errors on Our Site
    Prices and availability of products and services are subject to change without notice. Errors will be corrected where discovered, and Best Buy reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions including after an order has been submitted and whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, Best Buy will issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge. Individual bank policies will dictate when this amount is credited to your account. If you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, you may return it in accordance with Best Buy's Return Policy.

(BestBuy.com Help: <Topic>)
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    I ordered mine on the 3rd and went in today to pick it up. The CS gal was very nice and said something isn't right here. I was then walked over to the mobile dept. where they said we don't have a two pack. I showed them the print out and said according to the item I bought you do. She said I would have to take it up with CS so I walked back over there and the CS gal called her manager.

The manager was a complete ******bag and told me it wasn't his fault that it said two pack because that was wrong. I was like WTF? It's Best Buy's fault and you are an employee of BB and then asked him if it was my fault. He responded with a no and then went back to it wasn't his fault. I told him it was his company's fault and I wanted to know what he would do to make it right. He looked puzzled so then I dromped the precentral thread on him and said other BB's were making it right. He asked what I wanted and I told him to sell it to me at the employee price. He said OK but form the 5 seconds he said OK to the time it took him to walk to the register I'm pretty sure he rethought that. He hit two buttons and then told me that there wasn't an employee discount for this item. I knew this was a bunch of BS but the guy obviously took pride in being a ****. The CS gal refunded my money and apologized numerous times.

Oh yeah, he also told me BB doesn't sell the PRE and I was lucky they had the accessories in stock.
    Last edited by Brewzer; 07/05/2009 at 09:41 PM.
    Just tried this at a 2nd store today with better results.

Went to the store and they had the single kit waiting there for me. I asked to look inside the box to make sure it was the right thing, and pointed out that the contents didn't match the website description, which I had brought a printout of. After looking at it a couple minutes the girl called her manager over.

The manager compared the skus of the product ordered with the one on the box, and talked to someone in mobile, then tried to tell me the 2-pack just referred to the 2 separate pieces. I politely pointed out that the back was listed separately, and the charger was missing altogether. After opening another box and seeing no charger there either, he eventually determined that the description was wrong on the website.

I politely explained that the product with that description on the website was what was advertised, what I paid for, and what the store claimed to have in stock. Then I asked if he could at least give me a discount. He offered $20 back, but I asked if I could just get 2 kits for the price I had paid, forgoing the chargers altogether. He said that would be a stretch, and after doing some stuff in the register he told me he could give me the 2 chargers for $80, and I took it. I think he wound up just adding a second touchstone kit to the order for $10. Was very polite to me the whole time and apologized for things being the way they were.