Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    NeoteriX,

I appreciate your insight and understand it is not legal advice. I also agree this discussion has been great.

And yes Mass law requires that I send them a letter and the AG's office has been so kind as to create a form letter and all I have to do is explain my situation. I'll be sending two copies to BB corporate on Monday and one to the AG. Of course I will let you all know what happens.
    "In the field of observation, chance favors only the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

insert crapy old phone here (x3)->Sanyo 4920 -> Sanyo 8200 -> Moto Q -> Palm Pre
    Just got back from Bestbuy - long story short, after arguing witth the mobile dept *****, I talked to a manager.

Ended up walking out with two kits for 69.99 (I had actually just purchased a TS 2 days ago, so not sure if that was a factor or not), but he refunded my original purchase, then charged me 34.99 each for 2 TS's, so I ended up walking out with 2nd one (never took the 1st one back).
    Quote Originally Posted by sombster View Post
    Just got back from Bestbuy - long story short, after arguing witth the mobile dept *****, I talked to a manager.

Ended up walking out with two kits for 69.99 (I had actually just purchased a TS 2 days ago, so not sure if that was a factor or not), but he refunded my original purchase, then charged me 34.99 each for 2 TS's, so I ended up walking out with 2nd one (never took the 1st one back).
    Pays off to be persistent with them sometimes...and Bestbuy is AWARE of the problem yet it remains advertised on their website...where's the logic there???

I think they SHOULD stand by what they are selling....they have had ample time to correct it on the site....if not correct it they could at least pull it off the site completely....

Just my 2 cents worth.....
    Quote Originally Posted by richiejacobs View Post
    Pays off to be persistent with them sometimes...and Bestbuy is AWARE of the problem yet it remains advertised on their website...where's the logic there???

I think they SHOULD stand by what they are selling....they have had ample time to correct it on the site....if not correct it they could at least pull it off the site completely....

Just my 2 cents worth.....
    I agree. I could understand if it was incorrect once (ie: the description said "2" and the "detailed info" said 1) but the title of the item lists as TWO, and the description also says TWO touchstones and one back.

The mobile guy was a complete tardo, and the manager was a bit pissy too, but oh well.
    I ordered these last night for pick up this morning. They did not honor the purchase and I took a refund.
    Well.. I tried this with a second BB. They brought out one TS pack, I played dumb an said od that a "two pack".. They said no. The next 10 minutes was the standard rederick as posted before by others in this thread. I then asked for the store manager, and told him "itls not my fault corporate made a mistake. He was cool hooked me up with two for $34.99 ea beacause it was a "holiday". I urged him to get with corporate because this a big mis advertising and others will be upset. I guess someone else was in earlier and they made him walk.
    Quote Originally Posted by sombster View Post
    I agree. I could understand if it was incorrect once (ie: the description said "2" and the "detailed info" said 1) but the title of the item lists as TWO, and the description also says TWO touchstones and one back.

The mobile guy was a complete tardo, and the manager was a bit pissy too, but oh well.
    Yeah I understand what your saying....I had to be persistent with them as well. The sales associate i talked to was very unconcerned like he could care less... that's what bit my bullet.

I have to say once I talked to customer relations via phone and went back and talked to the manager of the store he was very understanding and apologetic. I probably wouldn't have made a big deal out of it had the first guy not acted like a **** about it.

Anyway.............glad to hear it worked out for you as well.
    Last edited by richiejacobs; 07/04/2009 at 01:05 PM. Reason: .
    Ordered last night, went there today..

Mobile Manager came out and started saying they didn't have 2-pack kit and I should a get refund. I put on my serious face and (nicely) explained why I felt that they should honor the deal.
    She made some phone calls and finally said she doesn't have the international charger and offered me two touchstone kits.

I took two kits and left.

The whole thing took about 15 minutes.
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
    I am prepared to argure to save that much money Bring it on WorstBuy.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhay312 View Post
    NeoteriX,

I appreciate your insight and understand it is not legal advice. I also agree this discussion has been great.

And yes Mass law requires that I send them a letter and the AG's office has been so kind as to create a form letter and all I have to do is explain my situation. I'll be sending two copies to BB corporate on Monday and one to the AG. Of course I will let you all know what happens.
    If I were doing this for myself, I wouldn't bother going through BBY corporate. I haven't completely reviewed the provisions, but I don't believe you have to go through BBY corporate so maybe it would be more effective to just hand the general manager at the store the 93A demand letter (or whatever manager you had originally dealt with) and watch him quake in his boots. You might get your resolution more quickly that way
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I ordered online for store pickup, and selected a store. I then got an email that they didn't have it in stock. I called customer service, and they promised me that they had 4 in another store. When I went to pick it up, of course they only had the standard pack.

They tried to do a price adjustment in the system, but it wouldn't let them adjust the price for any Palm products. The manager then called the 888 number with me and we were told that corporate management was aware of the error, and would be calling the people who ordered these online this week to rectify the situation.

Can't wait to see what they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3925 View Post
    I wa actually in the store today exchanging out the store and someone came in and was doing this. Any of you guys in little rock?
    Hey Matt I live in LR close to county line on stagecoach. I am going to try and give this deal a try today.
    For those who were denied two TS.. They can change the price to $34.99. I was told by 3 associates it was not possible then watched a manager do it no problem. Be firm that the whole purpose of an "in store pockup" is to avoid a hassle an clearly this a corporare mistake not yours. Tell them to make a call and figure it out, its not the customers responsibility.
    Wow gota get there quick TTThhhannkk YYOOUU !!!!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Just got back from Best Buy. I ordered yesterday morning online. From reading the many comments through the day, I went in with the attitude if I get 2 for 1 great, and if not so be it. The customer service person was very nice. She really tried to figure it out. Unfortunately she was not willing to cobble together 2 touchstones and 1 back without the cord. I did however leave with a $20 gift card and the assurance corporate would be notified. I would rather have the 2 touchstones, etc., but hey, I'll take a $20 gift card!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Ok I went to a 3rd store today because I was nearby. This time after 30 mins of the CS and mobile employees trying to figure it out I asked nicely to talk to a manager. The whole time I stood there with a smile.

When the manager came over and I explained he immediately told the mobile guy to get another kit and he zeroed it out. So I got one for 69.99 and the other for $0. All of the employees at this store were pleasant and friendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by packfanlv View Post
    Ok I went to a 3rd store today because I was nearby. This time after 30 mins of the CS and mobile employees trying to figure it out I asked nicely to talk to a manager. The whole time I stood there with a smile.

When the manager came over and I explained he immediately told the mobile guy to get another kit and he zeroed it out. So I got one for 69.99 and the other for $0. All of the employees at this store were pleasant and friendly.
    same for me
    The salesperson called bb.com and they knew about the issue and told her(salesperson) I was only due one kit. The whole time she was on the phone though I was chit chatting with the manager about how cool the phone and charger was. Right after she said what bb.com told her the manager just told her to zero one out and give it to me. I can't stress how much it pays off to just be nice.
    Last edited by jhebert121; 07/05/2009 at 11:40 AM.
    I was denied by 3 people the savings, I went with a refund. BestBuy is the worst retailer out there, seriously.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Glad some of you got satisfaction. Best buy's rotten treatment of me (Hi, Tyler!) ensures I won't be going back anytime soon.

Amazon.com sold me 2 docks for nearly the same price, I just have to wait until next week. Screw best buy.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    The best part is its still not fixed!

Quick tip for Best Buy to save some money. FIX YOUR ERROR! The sad part is i bet someone gets fired over this.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast