Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 232
  1. packfanlv's Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #61  
    I am upset with how I was treated. I went to two stores today. At one I was treated with respect and at the other both of the employees I dealt with were incredibly rude. Neither place gave me the deal, but I am not complaining about the store where I was treated well.
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoteriX View Post
    For the people who unsuccessfully tried to exploit this listing error, you're not really mad you didn't get the deal, right? You're just saying that to hopefully shame BestBuy into giving you the deal anyway? I have no problem with that, although if there are people who are actually upset they didn't get a deal for an item listed in error (that there is no SKU for and doesn't actually exist yet), that is a whole other story...
    I am mad that I got treated poorly and drove all the way to the store for nothing. Regardless of it being an "exploit" the store could have done something to accommodate me but they were rude and didn't care. It also bugs me that some people were successful so It's: "a little from column A and column B".
  3. cashen's Avatar
    Posts
    759 Posts
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoteriX View Post
    For the people who unsuccessfully tried to exploit this listing error, you're not really mad you didn't get the deal, right? You're just saying that to hopefully shame BestBuy into giving you the deal anyway? I have no problem with that, although if there are people who are actually upset they didn't get a deal for an item listed in error (that there is no SKU for and doesn't actually exist yet), that is a whole other story...
    It does exist. They know of the error. I believe there is a price law that states the price of the item is the price on that item whatever it is. How is it any different? They made a mistake. They could have fixed it right away, but ITS STILL NOT FIXED! They deserve everything they get.
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    It does exist. They know of the error. I believe there is a price law that states the price of the item is the price on that item whatever it is. How is it any different? They made a mistake. They could have fixed it right away, but ITS STILL NOT FIXED! They deserve everything they get.

    I'm filling a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in my state. It probably will not amount to anything, but the error was up all day. The person I spoke to at 888BESTBUY told me they recognized the problem and have received over 100 calls, but he cannot do anything about it. Well it's false advertising if you have an ad up all day recognize it, admit to it, and do not fix it by close of that day. So I'll file the complaint, not much will come of it, but at least I did what I could do.
    "In the field of observation, chance favors only the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

    insert crapy old phone here (x3)->Sanyo 4920 -> Sanyo 8200 -> Moto Q -> Palm Pre
  5. NeoteriX's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #65  
    I understand being upset at being poorly treated; I just hope that "being poorly treated" doesn't mean "I didn't get what I wanted." If they were jerks about it, then sure, it's totally your right to be upset.

    Time wasted driving to the store for an item whose legitimacy is doubtful is really not their fault though, and while some stores were accommodating, that doesn't mean that it's anyone right or privilege to walk away with the same "slickdeal." Pricing mistakes happen, and if BestBuy accidentally said they were including 10 free bricks of gold with every purchase of a Touchstone, and the SKUs in the store didn't match up, would it be reasonable for them to be held to that as well?

    edit: people are citing that it is "false advertising" or "against the law" for certain things to happen. I'm not saying you're wrong because consumer protection laws vary wildly per state, but as an attorney, I think it would be helpful to validate what is essentially a "legal argument" with relevant law.
  6. tpmwr's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #66  
    I work at Best Buy so I wanted to put a little bit of insite in here.

    The website is wrong, I will say that. I actually saw that today and got wicked excited and tried to buy one myself. Unfortunatally as posted above that is a typo and the SKU is actually for the single unit only. I called 888-BESTBUY to let them know of the issue, but like usually they are a little slow. I actually had an issue just like this with a laptop I bought from the site that was online only.

    As for the deal with Best Buy's price matching it. I work in Best Buy Mobile so I looked into this for a customer today. (And myself, LOL). Palm has a strict rule where no Best Buy is allowed to do ANY discount on ANY Palm branded product. As a matter of fact employees aren't even allowed to buy Palm items at a discount, it's really pretty sad. I had a customer come in today about this, he was the nicest guy about everything, and I felt bad about the whole deal, but any BBY Mobile caught giving any discount on Palm stuff loses their right to sell Palm Phones and accessories (kinda like Apple). After 10 minutes of fighting with management I was able to give the guy a $10 gift card for his trouble and gas, which he did end up using to buy himself a touchstone with. He was genuinelly nice.

    As far as the whole legal pricematch issue, well, to be honest Best Buy does not have to honor that price, as the price is correct for the SKU listed. The item description was wrong, so that is a different story. Should this have been fixed on the website, hell yes, but unfortunatally noone really has incite on what exactly is the process for what gets done there.

    As for anyone treated rudely: I personally appologize that that had to happen to you. I understand the appology isn't much, but I really feel bad, as I would be pissed if I were you too. I can't really speak for other Best Buy Mobiles, but in my store we really try to treat our department as a family run business. I mean we all love cell phones, and we all love being treated with respect while shopping, so we try to pass that on the best we can.

    -Anthony Capobianco
    Best Buy Mobile #568

    Please Note: I am sitting at home right now, I am not on the clock, and in no-way is any of this the words or thoughts of Best Buy as a company. I just wanted to try to put some incite into everything from the standpoint of a Best Buy employee but also as a forum member!
  7. cashen's Avatar
    Posts
    759 Posts
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoteriX View Post
    I understand being upset at being poorly treated; I just hope that "being poorly treated" doesn't mean "I didn't get what I wanted." If they were jerks about it, then sure, it's totally your right to be upset.

    Time wasted driving to the store for an item whose legitimacy is doubtful is really not their fault though, and while some stores were accommodating, that doesn't mean that it's anyone right or privilege to walk away with the same "slickdeal." Pricing mistakes happen, and if BestBuy accidentally said they were including 10 free bricks of gold with every purchase of a Touchstone, and the SKUs in the store didn't match up, would it be reasonable for them to be held to that as well?

    edit: people are citing that it is "false advertising" or "against the law" for certain things to happen. I'm not saying you're wrong because consumer protection laws vary wildly per state, but as an attorney, I think it would be helpful to validate what is essentially a "legal argument" with relevant law.
    Lets say you had a website and you had a deal on that site for 1 hour of your time for $200. Someone ordered it, and you emailed them back telling them to come in and collect their hour for $200. When they got there, you said it was a mistake and its really $400!

    Would you update your website?
  8. cashen's Avatar
    Posts
    759 Posts
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by tpmwr View Post
    I work at Best Buy so I wanted to put a little bit of insite in here.

    The website is wrong, I will say that. I actually saw that today and got wicked excited and tried to buy one myself. Unfortunatally as posted above that is a typo and the SKU is actually for the single unit only. I called 888-BESTBUY to let them know of the issue, but like usually they are a little slow. I actually had an issue just like this with a laptop I bought from the site that was online only.

    As for the deal with Best Buy's price matching it. I work in Best Buy Mobile so I looked into this for a customer today. (And myself, LOL). Palm has a strict rule where no Best Buy is allowed to do ANY discount on ANY Palm branded product. As a matter of fact employees aren't even allowed to buy Palm items at a discount, it's really pretty sad. I had a customer come in today about this, he was the nicest guy about everything, and I felt bad about the whole deal, but any BBY Mobile caught giving any discount on Palm stuff loses their right to sell Palm Phones and accessories (kinda like Apple). After 10 minutes of fighting with management I was able to give the guy a $10 gift card for his trouble and gas, which he did end up using to buy himself a touchstone with. He was genuinelly nice.

    As far as the whole legal pricematch issue, well, to be honest Best Buy does not have to honor that price, as the price is correct for the SKU listed. The item description was wrong, so that is a different story. Should this have been fixed on the website, hell yes, but unfortunatally noone really has incite on what exactly is the process for what gets done there.

    As for anyone treated rudely: I personally appologize that that had to happen to you. I understand the appology isn't much, but I really feel bad, as I would be pissed if I were you too. I can't really speak for other Best Buy Mobiles, but in my store we really try to treat our department as a family run business. I mean we all love cell phones, and we all love being treated with respect while shopping, so we try to pass that on the best we can.

    -Anthony Capobianco
    Best Buy Mobile #568

    Please Note: I am sitting at home right now, I am not on the clock, and in no-way is any of this the words or thoughts of Best Buy as a company. I just wanted to try to put some incite into everything from the standpoint of a Best Buy employee but also as a forum member!
    Love the disclaimer. I will say you have a set listing your name. Quick question though, my buddy also works at BB and he said his discount for the TS kit is $35 and he gets hella discounts on palm stuff? Yes, i used the word 'hella'

    Remember, its not our fault BB STILL doesn't have this fixed...
  9. NeoteriX's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    Lets say you had a website and you had a deal on that site for 1 hour of your time for $200. Someone ordered it, and you emailed them back telling them to come in and collect their hour for $200. When they got there, you said it was a mistake and its really $400!

    Would you update your website?
    I think we're getting off track with technicalities, but from what I understand (and I'm open to be corrected), the SKUs don't even match up. In other words, people are looking for a product that doesn't exist.

    For the emailing thing, it's one thing if I were to reply to someone, it's another thing for this BestBuy automated process to confirm that the SKU listed is in stock and at the price advertised; again, they are actually selling the product with the SKU listed at the price listed. If they were to say that the Touchstone included 10 bricks of gold, should they be held accountable?

    Lastly, depending on the context, a person's knowledge or "notice" is relevant. While that is a factual and legal matter, on a moral perspective, can one be really all that upset where one was already on "notice" that people were not succeeding with the deal, the successful person met some resistance prior to his victory, and that it was already reasonable to assume the deal was the result of a pricing error?
  10. Tasdad's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoteriX View Post
    I understand being upset at being poorly treated; I just hope that "being poorly treated" doesn't mean "I didn't get what I wanted." If they were jerks about it, then sure, it's totally your right to be upset.

    Time wasted driving to the store for an item whose legitimacy is doubtful is really not their fault though, and while some stores were accommodating, that doesn't mean that it's anyone right or privilege to walk away with the same "slickdeal." Pricing mistakes happen, and if BestBuy accidentally said they were including 10 free bricks of gold with every purchase of a Touchstone, and the SKUs in the store didn't match up, would it be reasonable for them to be held to that as well?

    edit: people are citing that it is "false advertising" or "against the law" for certain things to happen. I'm not saying you're wrong because consumer protection laws vary wildly per state, but as an attorney, I think it would be helpful to validate what is essentially a "legal argument" with relevant law.
    The problem is that they offered a product that IS available, for a good price, then told us that it was NOT available. Palm advertises a dual touchstone kit on their website. The contents are EXACTLY what Best Buy advertises on their site. Then, when a customer goes to pick up said item, they claim it is a mistake and will do nothing to help the customer.

    I am really upset. I drove to another town, COSTING me $15 in gas. Because it took me over an hour at the store, I was late to work, on a holiday, which COST me an hour's pay at double-time. I am out actual MONEY because of their false advertising.

    The law is based on what a "reasonable person" would believe. As a reasonable person, I would not believe 10 bars of gold, but a dual touchstone kit for $70 is not really unreasonable. Especially after Best Buy customers got their Pres for $199 without having to wait on a mail-in rebate. Just a really good sale. The real problem is not even the price. I could accept it was a typo and the actual price would be higherBut I cannot accept them advertising and selling a product they DO NOT SELL. I ordered it, I paid for it, I drove to get it, and I was told they dont' sell that product.

    Unacceptable.
  11. tpmwr's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    Love the disclaimer. I will say you have a set listing your name. Quick question though, my buddy also works at BB and he said his discount for the TS kit is $35 and he gets hella discounts on palm stuff? Yes, i used the word 'hella'

    Remember, its not our fault BB STILL doesn't have this fixed...
    Alright, I can't get into the exact discount price without putting my job on the line but I will say this. There is 2 ways to check dicount price. One is through a register and one is through an online in-store system. The online in-store system ALWAYS shows an item's cost + 5% (According to recent privacy trainings I am allowed to say that is our discount). The price you have listed above was probably found using that system. (I say probably because I can not state if that is correct or not due to company policy). That price is honestly useless because if the register does not ring it up that way it's no good. Checking the touchstone price in the register, even with employee price check, is $69.99. So, is the cost of the unit to Best Buy $70, no. But can employees actually buy it as cost? No. So there is hypothetically supposed to be a discount, but employees may not use it.

    As for me leaving my name, I know there is a risk at that, hence why I am cafefull about what I say. But I meant it when I said I was sorry for any customer who was treated poorly in one of our stores, and I felt an anonymous appology wasn't enough for what they had been through.

    This name links back to when I ran YouTube Pocket on WMExperts anyways, so the store knows who I am either way :-p

    Edit: As for it not yet being fixed, I honestly can't say much about that. Unfortunatally I just work in the store.
  12. cashen's Avatar
    Posts
    759 Posts
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoteriX View Post
    I think we're getting off track with technicalities, but from what I understand (and I'm open to be corrected), the SKUs don't even match up. In other words, people are looking for a product that doesn't exist.

    For the emailing thing, it's one thing if I were to reply to someone, it's another thing for this BestBuy automated process to confirm that the SKU listed is in stock and at the price advertised; again, they are actually selling the product with the SKU listed at the price listed. If they were to say that the Touchstone included 10 bricks of gold, should they be held accountable?

    Lastly, depending on the context, a person's knowledge or "notice" is relevant. While that is a factual and legal matter, on a moral perspective, can one be really all that upset where one was already on "notice" that people were not succeeding with the deal, the successful person met some resistance prior to his victory, and that it was already reasonable to assume the deal was the result of a pricing error?
    I think we'll just have to agree to disagree.

    Its not our job to make sure the SKU is correct, i dont go to best buy's website looking for a SKU. I go looking for a title and description.
  13. NeoteriX's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #73  
    I'm just trying to provide a balanced counter-point, but wouldn't it be more reasonble to accept it when the product doesn't actually exist? This way it's at least a legitimate mistake and not an invidious attempt to mislead and deceive consumers
  14. cashen's Avatar
    Posts
    759 Posts
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoteriX View Post
    I'm just trying to provide a balanced counter-point, but wouldn't it be more reasonble to accept it when the product doesn't actually exist? This way it's at least a legitimate mistake and not an invidious attempt to mislead and deceive consumers
    for the 80th time, the product DOES exist. Best buy just doesn't sell it. Am i know suppose to know exactly what they do and do not sell on top of knowing all the SKUs for all products?

    Touchstone™ Dual Location Charging Kit
    Palm - Pre Touchstone Charging Dock (2-Pack) - Black

    Both list the EXACT same for whats included.

    But i do greatly appreciate the awesome dialog we are having on this topic. Sorry if i'm being an arse.
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoteriX View Post
    For the people who unsuccessfully tried to exploit this listing error, you're not really mad you didn't get the deal, right? You're just saying that to hopefully shame BestBuy into giving you the deal anyway? I have no problem with that, although if there are people who are actually upset they didn't get a deal for an item listed in error (that there is no SKU for and doesn't actually exist yet), that is a whole other story...

    I'm just trying to provide a balanced counter-point, but wouldn't it be more reasonble to accept it when the product doesn't actually exist? This way it's at least a legitimate mistake and not an invidious attempt to mislead and deceive consumers
    Yea I'm not that bad off or mad at all . But it's like the Dell deal $15 monitors that were suppose to be $150 . They had to honor that price for that item described.

    Yes I was hoping to get the deal they listed however they went about it giving it to me was on them . I never made a big deal at the store or on the Phone I was just trying to let them know that in this economy and with so many choices out there ,Their mistake should not be put on me.

    Be it a mistake or not it's still Bait and Switch and yes I might file with the BBB haven't decided yet.
    The problem is they copied word for word out of the Palms site for what was to be included. This is the Bait you part.
    Then you get there and wow it's not that at all .This is the Switch part.

    I could see if it had a small bit of wrong info in it but it didn't the entire listing was Listing another item Palm sells .
    But I'm still not mad , I still love my Pre and my Touchstone I already has is doing a great job.
  16. #76  
    I'm not a lawyer so I'll throw this up here and see what you all think. The Massachusetts Attorney General's "Guide to Retail Rights" states the following under the section intitled advertisements:

    "Businesses are responsible for the truth of their advertisements.
    A representation may be false or misleading; a merchant’s failure
    to disclose an important fact may also be unfair or deceptive.
    Businesses therefore must disclose sale end-dates, may not base price
    comparisons on inflated prices, and may not advertise products they
    do not intend to sell as advertised. If mistakes are made in advertising,
    it is the businesses’ obligation to make corrections, and until the
    corrections are made, to honor the price offered, unless a reasonable
    consumer would recognize the mistake."


    Now my argument is this: is it unreasonable to believe that a two pack is $69.99 when the single unit is advertised online for 49.99? And the Bestbuy employee I spoke with on the phone admited they recognized the error, but he was not sure how long it would remain online. When I went to pick up my order they had already had 12 hours to fix the error.

    The full PDF Of consumer rights in Massachusetts can be found here:
    http://www.mass.gov/Cago/docs/Consum...ghts073007.pdf
    "In the field of observation, chance favors only the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

    insert crapy old phone here (x3)->Sanyo 4920 -> Sanyo 8200 -> Moto Q -> Palm Pre
  17. bgc42169's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    #77  
    Just a warning guys, just got back from Bestbuy and they dont have the 2 Touchstone kits in stock. The SKU listed in the add is the Sku for the 1 touch and back, not the 2 Touch and Back.


    Bruce
  18. tpmwr's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhay312 View Post
    I'm not a lawyer so I'll throw this up here and see what you all think. The Massachusetts Attorney General's "Guide to Retail Rights" states the following under the section intitled advertisements:

    "Businesses are responsible for the truth of their advertisements.
    A representation may be false or misleading; a merchant’s failure
    to disclose an important fact may also be unfair or deceptive.
    Businesses therefore must disclose sale end-dates, may not base price
    comparisons on inflated prices, and may not advertise products they
    do not intend to sell as advertised. If mistakes are made in advertising,
    it is the businesses’ obligation to make corrections, and until the
    corrections are made, to honor the price offered, unless a reasonable
    consumer would recognize the mistake."


    Now my argument is this: is it unreasonable to believe that a two pack is $69.99 when the single unit is advertised online for 49.99? And the Bestbuy employee I spoke with on the phone admited they recognized the error, but he was not sure how long it would remain online. When I went to pick up my order they had already had 12 hours to fix the error.

    The full PDF Of consumer rights in Massachusetts can be found here:
    http://www.mass.gov/Cago/docs/Consum...ghts073007.pdf

    You state it can be found online for $49.99. But heres the official MSRP from Palm:

    Touchstone Kit with Back: $69.99
    Touchstone no dock: $39.99
    Travel Charger: $34.99

    Total: $145.97

    I am not siding with Best Buy in any way, but is it believable that all of that, a $149.97 total would be $69.99 in store? Just wanted to throw that out, and again, not siding with Best Buy, just saying.
  19. bgc42169's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    #79  
    Also, the manager gave me the Single Touchstone and backcover for $49.99 took the $20 off.

    Bruce
  20. #80  
    No I wasn't talking about Palm's website. On the BestBuy website the single touchstone is listed at 49.99 and the 2 pack at 69.99. I know it is listed at Palm for more, but tell me how many times have you seen a price listed on the manufacturer's website for one price and found it at a big box retailer for less than the manufacturers stated price. I would suggest often.

    So my question: is it unreasonable as a conusmer to think I wouldn't pay 20 more for the 2 pack if Bestbuy lists the single unit for 49.99. Half the cost for a second unit. I know I have seen that deal before with other products.

    does that make more sense?

    And to repeat on someone else suggested BestBuy was the company that offered the Pre for $199 without a rebate. So why wouldn't they offer the charger at a more than reasonable price?
    "In the field of observation, chance favors only the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

    insert crapy old phone here (x3)->Sanyo 4920 -> Sanyo 8200 -> Moto Q -> Palm Pre
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions