Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    How long did it take for you guys who ordered online to get your in store pickup email confirmation?
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    How long did it take for you guys who ordered online to get your in store pickup email confirmation?
    10 minutes
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    10 minutes
    hrm.. not good. Been almost a half hour and no pickup email. I got the confirmation for my order but it says there will be two. The second confirms store stock. I wonder if they are catching on at corporate?

edit: nevermind, just got it. On my way.
    I just ordered 2 individual docks on Amazon.com for nearly the same price, and super saver shipping.
    Soon as I saw this deal listed on this glorious site, I went ahead and placed my order online and did the in store pick-up!!!

10 minutes later I was out the door for the 30 minute trip to best buy...

The lady at the counter tried to pull a fast one and gave me one box...

ME - "What's this"

BB lady - "Your order sir, the touchstone kit."

ME - "I didn't order this. I ordered a 2 pack. There is only one in there"

*Puzzled look on her face*

ME - "Here... Look"

*Pulls out confirmation sheet*

ME - "It says 2 touchstones for 69.99, not 1."

BB lady - "hold on!"

After about 35 minutes of going back and forth I finally walked out of the store with 2 touchstone kits. They tried to give me the run around and said the skews were messed up or something. The finally brought over a mobile guy from the mobile section and he said we cannot give you something we don't have in the store. I followed up with a "How's that my problem"... I seriously drove 30 minutes to pick up an order that I was TOLD was in stock... I entered the store and you're telling me it's not in stock!?! How's this work... The guy ended up trying to sell me one for 49 bucks or something. That is better than paying 69 bucks but still, no dice. I was told a 2 pack was avail. for pickup for 69.99. A 2 pack for 69.99 not a 1 pack for 49.99. Overall the manager sighed because of the long winded convo and I walked away with two kits!!!

Score for me. I was nothing but nice either. I kind of looked frustrated that they were trying to go back on what I ordered.

Overall I am happy. Thanks OP!!!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Just scored 2 standard kits myself..here's what's up;
    -Ordered online for pick up.
    -Got there and only 1TS Kit waiting.
    -The online sku # IS just for the standard kit. (1 TS 1 back cover)
    - MOD was called over and I showed him the BB printout from the web.
    -After about 15 minutes of him looking up things and tallking to someone in Mobile he came up with this; sold me 2 standard kits ( 2 TS 2 back plates) for $35 each.
    -Now I just cancel my online order.
    Sooooo...
    If you order online to pick up at the store you WILL have a single kit waiting:-(
    Advice: Be NICE...act confused...be NICE...say, "But this says there should be 2 TS docking stations." (Insert sad puppy face and have printout of the BB page)...be NICE...accept that you may not get the 'international charger' and suggest, since you drove "all" the way out here maybe they could just ring up 2 kits at $35 each.

I hope that helps some of you!
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I just placed my order ONLINE. I'm waiting for the confirmation email and i will be off (like a dirty shirt) to BestBuy to delivery my argument...TO BE CONTINUED
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    BTW, that is a bunch of BS saying that the touchstone is only worth a few bucks in parts. Obviously quoting someone who knows nothing about real world business.

In the real world of manufacturing, parts only makes up 10-20% of the real cost. Most of the cost comes from R&D, labor, marketing, packaging, shipping and other fixed operating costs. Its so funny when geeks try to act like they know anything about business as in the crunchgear article.
    iFixit dissected the touchstone and priced the parts at $5. I don't claim to know a thing about "real world business." I'm a consumer and the bottom line is what matters to me. If you're willing to pay 14 times it's cost (minus all development/marketing/ etc costs) more power to you.

As for me, I'll wait for a sale or some chinese company to reverse engineer it and sell it on ebay. Knowing the cost the parts of a product helps me decide what it's worth.

High end electronics... (a gaming console, smartphone, etc) I may be able to justify R&D/development costs etc, but c'mon now, this is a charger. Wireless charging has been around for almost a decade maybe longer. This ain't cutting edge tech. ...it's a damn charger.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Which email printout am I to take with me to BestBuy? The order confirmation (which I received instanteously after I placed the order) OR the store notification email (still waiting on this one)?
    What idiots. It'll take'em a week to get the web guys to fix this. Enjoy the stupidity. I got my two from Amazon today at $60 without back cover.
    I just got back.. and I have nothing to show for it. I hate to say but I could not stay nice (I was treated very poorly). I got the stupidest assist. manager in the world. Her lack of "customer service" is a joke. I was offered 15% off of a second TS, that's it. I was told "sorry" there is nothing we can do. She offered to order it online. I said, but I already did that, it said it was in stock, that is why I'm here. blah.. blah.. I am pissed. I have never been treated so rudely. I am going to call the regional manager on Monday.

In the mean time I am going to try again at another best buy.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaime7073 View Post
    Which email printout am I to take with me to BestBuy? The order confirmation (which I received instanteously after I placed the order) OR the store notification email (still waiting on this one)?
    Sorry, I don't have enough post to add a link:-( It is the original link posted by Matt3925 that started this thread.

This has the description of what your 'should' be picking up.
    Time for a BBB complaint for Bait and Switch I have all the Printouts including Palm own. Maybe I'll see if that gets me anywhere.

Oh and I did do the On-line order with store pick-up. my problem was the Girl at the counter sent me right to the Mobile Manager and he was like yea that wopuld have been a great deal .
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    It looks like this is possible but is going to be luck of the draw with whom you end up with.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    What idiots. It'll take'em a week to get the web guys to fix this. Enjoy the stupidity. I got my two from Amazon today at $60 without back cover.
    Where? Link?

Edit: Oh you're saying that your delivery arrived today--that you jumped on the prior Amazon deal for 1 for $30? Because it's no longer available for that price; it is 1 for $38 now. If so, thank you for calling people idiots and then recommending an option that no longer exists...
    Last edited by NeoteriX; 07/03/2009 at 08:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I emailed corporate, so we will see what they say. I was also treated very poorly by both the initial employee and the manager.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Just spoke w/ BB customer service to cancel my order...she spoke with a manager for an update. Here is my theory..Occam's Razor;
    - Palm website and BB both have the same description for the "Touchstone™ Dual Location Charging Kit" therefore the BB description and price are correct.
    or
    - Someone screwed up the sku#

Hmmmm...

I think BB online will have the Touchstone™ Dual Location Charging Kit for the $69.99 and the stores do not actually have this in stock.

What do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by packfanlv View Post
    I emailed corporate, so we will see what they say. I was also treated very poorly by both the initial employee and the manager.
    What is that email? I was treated like dog ****, not too thrilled. I don't care about not getting the deal, but I will not tolerate poor managerial skills and poor customer service.
    No dice got nothing
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    For the people who unsuccessfully tried to exploit this listing error, you're not really mad you didn't get the deal, right? You're just saying that to hopefully shame BestBuy into giving you the deal anyway? I have no problem with that, although if there are people who are actually upset they didn't get a deal for an item listed in error (that there is no SKU for and doesn't actually exist yet), that is a whole other story...
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast