Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    ^^^ What best buy did you try? I am about to give it a shot. Ordered online with instore pickup
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    The sku is for the kit not the dual kit so I doubt they will ship that out.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Just got back from successfully getting 2 packs for $70. Took awhile, the clerk was puzzled why it wasn't showing up in stock, and why it had the same sku number as the regular pack. I mentioned other stores were substituting 2 for 1, she checked with the mobile phone dept, and they agreed! Score!
    Best buy tried to bait and switch me. So something's up with this deal.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    At best buy right now waiting for them to figure it out. I'll take two but it still does come with the ac adapter. We'll see what they will even do. Wish me luck!!
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    They are giving me two for one. Still a deal...
    Good luck fighting for a 2 for 1 deal. It's a screw-up/misprint so it likely a waste of time. Just tried at my Best Buy and it was a no go. They weren't going to give me something they don't have.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Just got back from Best Buy. The SKU is for the single touchstone. They called their Customer Service, who supposedly called Palm, they tried to tell me that the 2-pack is the touchstone and the backplate. Funny, the website says 2 touchstones and a backplate. I asked about the charger cable and they had no answer.

After I left the store empty handed, I called 888-bestbuy and the guy told me that there was a mistake in the system and that I could get it by ordering for delivery, so I changed my order to delivery. He said it will come with everything listed, but we will see when it comes in.

I drove 45 minutes to get there, stood there for over an hour, and wound up late for work, all to find out that I couldn't get what was advertised.

Needless to say I am NOT happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by packfanlv View Post
    I just left the store and the sku is for just a regular kit. They wouldn't budge and the manager lied and said palm doesn't sell a kit and that is why it is called a 2 pack. The manager was a complete jerk.
    Yup we even called the 888BestBuy and they Were all ready on top of it as well. Told me to take the Kit or just return it . To bad didn't offer a thing they must have got on this one real fast.

The manager where I went tried for about an hour to get the Proper Part numbers and such but couldn't find a thing for the Dual Charging Kit so couldn't even reference that as he pushed it up the chain.

Stinks but only waisted a bit of time Glad others got it as it really is such a great deal lol.
    No go for me either. She said the sku was for the single touchstone and backplate. Oh well. It was worth a shot.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I went to a second store because we had lunch nearby and they wouldn't do it either. At least the manager at the second store was pleasant and friendly, so it wasn't a problem.

The manager at the first store treated me like garbage for asking him to provide what was listed. He also made up a story about what Palm sells. I am more frustrated by how I was treated at the first store than not getting the deal.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Good luck fighting for a 2 for 1 deal. It's a screw-up/misprint so it likely a waste of time. Just tried at my Best Buy and it was a no go. They weren't going to give me something they don't have.
    I think i got the 2 for 1 deal because I already ordered online and i was just picking it up.

Quote Originally Posted by TasDad View Post
    Just got back from Best Buy. The SKU is for the single touchstone. They called their Customer Service, who supposedly called Palm, they tried to tell me that the 2-pack is the touchstone and the backplate. Funny, the website says 2 touchstones and a backplate. I asked about the charger cable and they had no answer
    It also says "International power charger". The store i was at was actually going to give me a charge but they said they didn't carry any.

I can't believe they haven't removed it from their site yet.
    I got Tyler, an extremely rude associate at the Plano best buy store that wouldn't even let me talk to a manager. 888bestbuy got an earful, but I think I'll just skip the touchstone. $70 for a charger worth only a few bucks in parts I have second thoughts about. I'll wait until someone makes one cheaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by tasdad View Post
    Just got back from Best Buy. The SKU is for the single touchstone. They called their Customer Service, who supposedly called Palm, they tried to tell me that the 2-pack is the touchstone and the backplate. Funny, the website says 2 touchstones and a backplate. I asked about the charger cable and they had no answer.
    I got this exact same song and dance about 2 pack meaning base and back piece. I had brought the printout and pointed out it specifically says 2 touchstones, 1 back, and a charging cable. Lucklily I had a great customer service rep (Thanks Daniel, Citrus Park location, Tampa, FL) he kept telling the .com guys that this looks like it was best buys fault so telling the customer that they didn't have something wouldn't help resolve the situation. the guys he was on the phone with were trying to tell him that Palm didn't even have a sku for a 2 pack. I quickly pulled it up on my pre and showed him there was a Touchstone Dual Location charging Pack that matched the description on their site. But at palm.com it retails for $139.99 so that is why I ordered from Bestbuy.com when I saw it, it looked like a great deal.

In the end he hung up with the .com guys and said what could he do to make me happy. I told him just give me 2 kits and we would be good to go. He said he couldn't do that. I told him well there is a website I can get the standard touchstone kit for $49.95 (didn't mention pre-central though ) so he gave me a $20.00 credit to price match. He also apologized that I had to wait for so long and admitted repeatedly that this was their mistake. I found that pretty refreshing because most reps try to make it look like the customer is an ***** in this situation.

Overall I'm not real happy. I have 2 pre's in our household so was really hoping to get 2 setups for that price. Now that I have 1, I will definately have to order another set for my wife's phone. So overall it is going to cost me $90 for 2 setups. Not bad I guess but no $69.99 like the OP got
    My local Best Buy would not even budge an inch. I told them I would settle for just 2 touch stones and I was told that there was no way they could do that. They did not even apologize for wasting my time and gas.

BTW, that is a bunch of BS saying that the touchstone is only worth a few bucks in parts. Obviously quoting someone who knows nothing about real world business.

In the real world of manufacturing, parts only makes up 10-20% of the real cost. Most of the cost comes from R&D, labor, marketing, packaging, shipping and other fixed operating costs. Its so funny when geeks try to act like they know anything about business as in the crunchgear article.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Wow. you guys got some bunk reps.

You should not have stood for that. You had no idea they made a mistake. FYI, the employee price is $35 per kit.

Did you order online and pickup in the store?
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    Did you order online and pickup in the store?
    I did.

I was thinking after I left I should have said, Ok well give me 2 kits with a $40.00 credit and I will call it even. Then I could have at least gotten the setup I need for the same price as here in PreCentrals store while saving on shipping
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    ^Yes I did. I have a feeling that they are catching on to this and telling associates not to do it. You probably got lucky because you did it early on.
    I just ordered online, going to the store. Wish me luck.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    The trick I think is oredering online and picking it up in the store and when they give you the wrong one, act dumb and ask if they are sure it's correct cause it's such a small box and there is no way all that could fit in there. Don't attack them, they'll more apt to think you're trying to pull something
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast