Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdejavux View Post
    u 2 sound like little kids
    I know. But as a business owner myself, I'm sick and tired of dishonorable people trying to take advantage of every little situation like they are owed something. This thread really rubs me the wrong way.

All you need to do is read the previous posts and it's obvious that anyone who walked away with 2 touchstones knew that in reality they shouldn't have.

A proud group, I'm sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by quahtrader View Post
    Did you bother to read the BB policies on their website? Probably not.

Pay particular attention to the part I bolded for your pleasure.

Now what say you?
    I say... you probably have a lot of stock in Best Buy.

Let me ask you something? You're a business owner, right? Do you do your own taxes? Do you pay exactly what you are suppose to pay? Do you use any of the loopholes that are afforded to you in the IRS Tax Code? Are all of the business expenses REALLY business expenses??? Don't even try to lie... you're a fake! Don't preach to me about righteousness buddy... I'm done!
    Just as I thought.

In the end, you know you are wrong - but are trying hard to justify your actions and your position.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyvsp View Post
    I say... you probably have a lot of stock in Best Buy.

Let me ask you something? You're a business owner, right? Do you do your own taxes? Do you pay exactly what you are suppose to pay? Do you use any of the loopholes that are afforded to you in the IRS Tax Code? Are all of the business expenses REALLY business expenses??? Don't even try to lie... you're a fake! Don't preach to me about righteousness buddy... I'm done!
    lol i wonder what he is going to reply with. i also own my business and i use all the loopholes i can ! i have to agree with you !
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdejavux View Post
    lol i wonder what he is going to reply with. i also own my business and i use all the loopholes i can ! i have to agree with you !
    Loopholes aren't mistakes. Apples and oranges.

Besides, as I posted the BB policy above, where is the "loophole" here?
    Why are you still arguing this point? Based on your answer and the way you side stepped the question, I'm going to assume you do use these loopholes. Loopholes are not mistakes, what I am now saying is that you are trying to preach to me and claim to be self-righteous. You want to split hairs about loopholes and mistakes. pathetic! you're a phony. just get over it.

Loophole: A technicality that allows a person or business to avoid the scope of a law without directly violating the law; a weakness or exception that allows a system, such as a law or security, to be circumvented or otherwise avoided.

Mistake: a wrong action attributable to bad judgment or ignorance or inattention

I'm not sure if youre a baseball fan but if a pitcher makes a mistake and hangs a curve ball right over the heart of the plate and the batter rocks the crap out of it, the pitcher has to pay the price for it.

If you pull an AJ Pierzynski and use a loophole on a dropped 3rd strike call to get on base, thats just dirty! Both fair in every way, just one is dirty.

Los Angeles Angels vs. Chicago White Sox - Recap - October 12, 2005 - ESPN

Look, all morals and ethics aside, the Best Buy policy that you agreed to by using their site specifically states they have the right to revoke any stated offer.

Why don't you honor your agreement?
    Quote Originally Posted by redbirdie View Post
    Personally, I don't feel entitled. If I don't get the chargers, fine. If I do get them at the bargain price, great. But Best Buy is still responsible for what is listed for sale on its own website. (Not listed as a "dual kit", but a "2-pack")
    Yup, that is what I was arguing at the store. Alas, I failed. I ended up buying from Palm directly. They need the money.

Hey sonny, which BB did you go to?
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Look, all morals and ethics aside, the Best Buy policy that you agreed to by using their site specifically states they have the right to revoke any stated offer.

Why don't you honor your agreement?
    I am finding this back and forth quite amusing. I look for freebies or deals all the time, and have no issue taking advantage of a mistake. But, for those people out there to be mad that BB is not honoring it, when the policy is as a clear as day, take it easy.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Did you bother to read the BB policies on their website? Probably not.

Pay particular attention to the part I bolded for your pleasure.

Now what say you?

I know, I also read about Bigfoot on the Interent too! It must be true!

Thanks for the info, next time i need legal advice i'll go to Best Buy's website.
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    I know, I also read about Bigfoot on the Interent too! It must be true!

Thanks for the info, next time i need legal advice i'll go to Best Buy's website.
    +1
    Yea, me too
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    My email says 2 pack but this morning when i clicked the link, they have it changed to a single charger.

Anyone have a screen grab of the orignal 2 dock as advertised?

thanks
    Ordered mine online yesterday thanks to a tip from a guy i work with.

Took in printouts of all the screens showing the (2-pack). I was prepared for battle. = )

Went to the counter, the BB rep grabbed the single stone and back kit and proceeded to check me out. I asked him if i could see the package and told him it didn't seem like the kit the site described.

As I was talking a woman behind the counter overheard the conversation and said "is that the 2 pack issue" and came over to help me. She mentioned someone came in the day before and had the same print out and asked me to hold on a minute. She talked to her manager and then ran and got another kit. When she came back she said that she had emailed corporate and asked them to take the add off the website but they would still give me the second charger for free.

At that time the deal was removed from searching on the BB website, but luckily the link the OP posted still worked.

I attached a scanned copy of the printout I took with me.

Thanks OP and the guy from my work and the dude at work that pointed me towards this post! = )
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I noticed that the new add is not correct either. It still states that it comes with an international power charger which it does not.

What's Included:
    Palm Pre Touchstone Charging Dock
    International power charger
    Touchstone back cover
    Owner's manual
    It sure doesn't mean they can produce the item out of the clear blue sky! And it doesn't mean they should give you something else either - especially since it was an obvious error the anyone who saw it, and to everyone who tried to scam them out of it. You knew it was wrong, right?

What if the manager told you he would call you when it came in? What would you say then? That the email said it was in stock!? It's just not reasonable, sounds like a 5 year old arguing with its parents.

You ordered a dual kit. They don't have it, even though their website says they did. Big deal. Everyone knew it was a mistake from the start, yet you want to try and pull some BS on them over it. No wonder things cost so much.

We sure are an entitled people, aren't we?
    I am not entitled to a touchstone. I am entitiled to fair customer service. The manager at my store tried to act like he was smarter than me (LOL) and generally ignored my statements.

Also, as someone else said, when we paid for the touchstones, we entered into a contract with Best buy. They cannot break it off unless both parties agree to cancel it. They simply cant say "never mind, here's your money back." You also can't say that they could have told us to wait for it because it was implied in the contract that it would be ready right away, meaning that best buy would not be performing to standards of the contract. BEST BUY policy comes second to law in the US. If someone really wanted to, they could make a big deal about this. But its only $70, so that won't happen.

Also, it was bait and switch because they tried to sell me one touchstone for $50, not the products that I ordered. That is classic bait and switch.

My question to you is, what crawled up your ***? People are trying to get best buy to perform their end of the contract, why are you getting mad?
    Last edited by free hurricane; 07/07/2009 at 10:10 AM.

Who cares, screw BB and their corporate greed. Their prices are bloated and not really competitive. Big deal if we (the consumer) finally get a deal for once.
    Quote Originally Posted by free hurricane View Post
    They cannot break it off unless both parties agree to cancel it. They simply cant say "never mind, here's your money back." You also can't say that they could have told us to wait for it because it was implied in the contract that it would be ready right away, meaning that best buy would not be performing to standards of the contract.
    Wow, that's quite a lesson in contract law.

Did you bother to read the terms and conditions you agreed to when you used the Best Buy site? If you did (they are posted a few posts above), you would have seen that BB CAN INDEED "break it off", CAN say "nevermind, here's your money back".

What crawled up my ***? Well, like I said above, I'm tired of people thinking they are entitled to take advantage of this sort of thing. It's a waste of people's time - they have real customers they could be helping instead of people trying to teach them contract law.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    Who cares, screw BB and their corporate greed. Their prices are bloated and not really competitive. Big deal if we (the consumer) finally get a deal for once.
    Thank you, my point exactly. At least you admit to it.

Best Buy owed you a deal, for once! Consumers rejoice!
    Wow, that's quite a lesson in contract law.

Did you bother to read the terms and conditions you agreed to when you used the Best Buy site? If you did (they are posted a few posts above), you would have seen that BB CAN INDEED "break it off", CAN say "nevermind, here's your money back".

What crawled up my ***? Well, like I said above, I'm tired of people thinking they are entitled to take advantage of this sort of thing. It's a waste of people's time - they have real customers they could be helping instead of people trying to teach them contract law.
    A question would be if that clause is legal. We had already received notices that our orders were READY TO BE PICKED UP, hence performance of the contract was guaranteed. When we go to pick it up, they try to fill our order with one touchstone, ie failing to perform on the contact. Basically, by that point best buy has agreed to carry out the contract and do not but only giving you one touchstone. Regardless of what the policy says, BB is at fault here. This is not the same as if BB posted a mistake then emailed everyone saying "Order canceled", it is much different because BB promised to perform, and did not carry out the contract as promised.

And how considerate of you to care for their man-hours. You must be their favorite customer.
    Quote Originally Posted by free hurricane View Post
    Regardless of what the policy says, BB is at fault here. This is not the same as if BB posted a mistake then emailed everyone saying "Order canceled", it is much different because BB promised to perform, and did not carry out the contract as promised.

And how considerate of you to care for their man-hours. You must be their favorite customer.
    I disagree with everything you posted re:contract law. However, let's take your example a little further. For the people that "settled" for 2 single touchstones - BB STILL "did not carry out the contract as promised" - right? It's missing the charger.

But, at that point in time, poor mister consumer just gives in and walks away with 2 touchstones and no charger even though BB didn't "carry out the contract as promised".

Funny how you want them to honor the "contract" at one point, but are somehow able to let them get away with not honoring it at another, isn't it? Why isn't anyone demanding the charger? Oh, because they don't carry it! Just like they don't carry the dual kit in the first place.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast