Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 232
  1. packfanlv's Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #181  
    ^I agree with that. There will be no class action suit, but hopefully Best Buy can make up for the way some of us were treated. Just because there was a mistake, doesn't mean a store manager can treat a customer like crap. (Like was the case with me.)
  2. #182  
    Do they sell auto touchstone chargers? I was gonna use one for work and one in the car.. I assume worst case scenario is I clip the cable and rewire my current auto charger.. unless there is a dc touchstone...
  3. lelalouf's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #183  
    Buy a usb car charger. Monoprice has them, and they work, for like 3 bucks shipped!
  4. #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by packfanlv View Post
    ^I agree with that. There will be no class action suit, but hopefully Best Buy can make up for the way some of us were treated. Just because there was a mistake, doesn't mean a store manager can treat a customer like crap. (Like was the case with me.)
    True. If I was the store manager, I would have told these people to leave their phone number, and that I would call them when the dual kits were in stock - knowing that they probably never will be.

    Again, for those of you that think this is "bait and switch" - you are wrong. In fact, it is you that is trying to bait and switch. You ordered the dual kit. They don't have it, and you want something else. Just because you ordered it doesn't mean they MUST have it in stock.
  5. #185  
    Well i bought mine this morning and pick them up this afternoon, at first the manager wanted to refund the money since she didnt what was going on until she called someone from bb.com and bingo she came out with 2 touchstones. At the end she said it was a mistake but they will honor it anyways ! lucky me now i have one in my car ! ! ! !
  6. Spazo's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by quahtrader View Post
    Just because you ordered it doesn't mean they MUST have it in stock.
    So, the fact that the email says they have it in stock doesn't mean anything then?
  7. #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    So, the fact that the email says they have it in stock doesn't mean anything then?
    It sure doesn't mean they can produce the item out of the clear blue sky! And it doesn't mean they should give you something else either - especially since it was an obvious error the anyone who saw it, and to everyone who tried to scam them out of it. You knew it was wrong, right?

    What if the manager told you he would call you when it came in? What would you say then? That the email said it was in stock!? It's just not reasonable, sounds like a 5 year old arguing with its parents.

    You ordered a dual kit. They don't have it, even though their website says they did. Big deal. Everyone knew it was a mistake from the start, yet you want to try and pull some BS on them over it. No wonder things cost so much.

    We sure are an entitled people, aren't we?
  8. #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3925 View Post
    Glad to hear. I went to the WLR store and the manager that helped me was extremely nice. She was also really interested in my experience with the phone so far. That's prob what made my experience so smooth.


    It's good to hear that a lot of other people are STILL having good results. For everyone else that wasn't successful, I'm sure there'll be other ways to stick it to bb in the future.
    I just ordered for pickup at the NLR store. I'm not too interested in forcing BB to take a hit, but if they still have it available for order on their website, and I am able to place it in my cart, purchase it, then they send me e-mails confirming that they have that "2-pack" touchstone charger in stock... well, I won't feel to badly about driving to the store to pick it up. We'll see.
  9. #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by quahtrader View Post
    It sure doesn't mean they can produce the item out of the clear blue sky! And it doesn't mean they should give you something else either - especially since it was an obvious error the anyone who saw it, and to everyone who tried to scam them out of it. You knew it was wrong, right?

    What if the manager told you he would call you when it came in? What would you say then? That the email said it was in stock!? It's just not reasonable, sounds like a 5 year old arguing with its parents.

    You ordered a dual kit. They don't have it, even though their website says they did. Big deal. Everyone knew it was a mistake from the start, yet you want to try and pull some BS on them over it. No wonder things cost so much.

    We sure are an entitled people, aren't we?
    Personally, I don't feel entitled. If I don't get the chargers, fine. If I do get them at the bargain price, great. But Best Buy is still responsible for what is listed for sale on its own website. (Not listed as a "dual kit", but a "2-pack")
  10. #190  
    dude! really?!?! lay off... best buy made a mistake. its their fault and they should own it. how long has it been and its still on the website? People are always trying to capitalize on a good deal, call it what you want. We don't live in mayberry, opie. if you sell a dining table and chairs for 15 bucks on craigslist and take my money, dont tell me when I get there that it was a mistake that it should be 150 bucks and guess what.... you dont have the chairs. bottom line, where I come from, if you make a mistake, you be man and you own it. end of story.

    but then again, I'm guessing you paid $549.99 for the Pre. right? had they told you there were no instant savings, you would have just forked over the cash, right? had they told you there were no MIR, not a problem right? pfft! self righteous hippies make me laugh! tell you what... if you still need a touchstone, I'll sell you mine for $100.

    Quote Originally Posted by quahtrader View Post
    It sure doesn't mean they can produce the item out of the clear blue sky! And it doesn't mean they should give you something else either - especially since it was an obvious error the anyone who saw it, and to everyone who tried to scam them out of it. You knew it was wrong, right?

    What if the manager told you he would call you when it came in? What would you say then? That the email said it was in stock!? It's just not reasonable, sounds like a 5 year old arguing with its parents.

    You ordered a dual kit. They don't have it, even though their website says they did. Big deal. Everyone knew it was a mistake from the start, yet you want to try and pull some BS on them over it. No wonder things cost so much.

    We sure are an entitled people, aren't we?
  11. #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyvsp View Post
    dude! really?!?! lay off... best buy made a mistake. its their fault and they should own it. how long has it been and its still on the website? People are always trying to capitalize on a good deal, call it what you want. We don't live in mayberry, opie. if you sell a dining table and chairs for 15 bucks on craigslist and take my money, dont tell me when I get there that it was a mistake that it should be 150 bucks and guess what.... you dont have the chairs. bottom line, where I come from, if you make a mistake, you be man and you own it. end of story.

    but then again, I'm guessing you paid $549.99 for the Pre. right? had they told you there were no instant savings, you would have just forked over the cash, right? had they told you there were no MIR, not a problem right? pfft! self righteous hippies make me laugh! tell you what... if you still need a touchstone, I'll sell you mine for $100.
    What a stupid argument. No I didn't pay $549.99 for the Pre. None of your comments about MIR, instant savings make any sense - because the offers made sense! If I saw a Sprint website that said there was a $10,000 rebate on the Pre - you are right - I wouldn't demand it, because I know it was a mistake - and they don't have to or need to "own up to it". That's just stupid and childish.

    As for your Craiglist example, you are dammned right you would'nt take my table and chairs for $15. Sorry you wasted your time, but it was a typo and that sort of stuff happens.

    It isn't still on the website - you can't access it any normal way - yes, the page is still there if you have the old link, but so what. Try and search for it and find it without the help of this thread. You can't. So that argument doesn't hold water either.

    YOU call it what you want - maybe you should be the man and own up to the fact that mistakes happen, and that you don't need to capitalize on these types of mistakes - it isn't your right to do so.

    Look at what the original poster of this thread said above - I quote "For everyone else that wasn't successful, I'm sure there'll be other ways to stick it to bb in the future." Pretty much says it all, no?

    Plain and simple, you know you are trying to scam them. At least be honest about that, dude! really!
    Last edited by quahtrader; 07/07/2009 at 12:05 AM.
  12. #192  
    i ordered my online for delivery but I also went to a nearby BB store. As everyone has stated previously the SKU number is for the single charger. If I only receive one TS in the mail I'll just ask for the refund.
  13. #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by redbirdie View Post
    Personally, I don't feel entitled. If I don't get the chargers, fine. If I do get them at the bargain price, great. But Best Buy is still responsible for what is listed for sale on its own website. (Not listed as a "dual kit", but a "2-pack")
    Did you order it after the item was removed from the catalog - by using the direct link only available in this thread? If so, you can't really say it was on the website.
  14. #194  
    Wow! a $10,000 rebate?! really, you sound like that directv guy on the commercial who talks about broadcasting 1,000,080p. Its a little bit a of a strech there buddy. half price on the bundle touchstone (139 to 69) and less than half price on the pre (549 to 199), I think my point still holds some water there.

    I just happen to have a couple of emails sent. if they tell me to go fly a kite so be it. but if they side with me at least I'll know there are some real men who know the meaning good business and of keeping their word.

    Its not a scam if they post it on their website and take my money and refuse to give me my product. it would be a scam if I create some fraud or bogus documentation in order to dup Best Buy. I dont think you know how a scam works.

    So... does that mean you dont want to buy my extra touchstone??? I mean... I dont have a cable for it. its kinda just sitting there....

    Quote Originally Posted by quahtrader View Post
    What a stupid argument. No I didn't pay $549.99 for the Pre. None of your comments about MIR, instant savings make any sense - because the offers made sense! If I saw a Sprint website that said there was a $10,000 rebate on the Pre - you are right - I wouldn't demand it, because I know it was a mistake - and they don't have to or need to "own up to it". That's just stupid and childish.

    As for your Craiglist example, you are dammned right you would'nt take my table and chairs for $15. Sorry you wasted your time, but it was a typo and that sort of stuff happens.

    It isn't still on the website - you can't access it any normal way - yes, the page is still there if you have the old link, but so what. Try and search for it and find it without the help of this thread. You can't. So that argument doesn't hold water either.

    YOU call it what you want - maybe you should be the man and own up to the fact that mistakes happen, and that you don't need to capitalize on these types of mistakes - it isn't your right to do so.

    Plain and simple, you know you are trying to scam them. At least be honest about that, dude! really!
  15. #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyvsp View Post
    Its not a scam if they post it on their website and take my money and refuse to give me my product.
    Ok, so when they tell you they dont carry the dual kit, what then? They are not refusing to give you your product - THEY DON'T HAVE THE PRODUCT.

    Let me guess. Then you are going to change your position and say that they should give you something that you didn't order - 2 touchstones, and oh, you will just let them slide on the charger.

    Which one is it? You want them to give you what you ordered? Or you want them to give you something different, less than what you ordered - but hey, you'll be okay with that.

    Again - admit it. You know you are in the wrong here, and you want to try and take advantage. That's fine, just call it what it is. There are advertising mistakes all the time. Probably in every issue of the newspaper. They don't need to be honored. Mistakes happen.
  16. #196  
    If they sell me a product that they don't have then its--- say it with me kids--- A SCAM! I'm well within my right right to hold their feet to the fire. In the end, these are my options. 1) try to get what I ordered and what I'm entitled to 2) take what I got and call it a day seeing how its still a good deal or 3) get my money back.

    put it to you this way... if I see you drop a twenty on the street, I can either give it back or just take it. either way I'm well within my right to take advantage for YOUR MISTAKE.

    Dont be mad that you paid full price or that you missed the bus on this one or didnt have the onions to go through with it. if you dont like what we are doing keep your opinions to your self...

    For anyone else reading, I'll let you know how my email goes, if they succeed. I'll give you the addresses to email them too.

    Quote Originally Posted by quahtrader View Post
    Ok, so when they tell you they dont carry the dual kit, what then? They are not refusing to give you your product - THEY DON'T HAVE THE PRODUCT.

    Let me guess. Then you are going to change your position and say that they should give you something that you didn't order - 2 touchstones, and oh, you will just let them slide on the charger.

    Which one is it? You want them to give you what you ordered? Or you want them to give you something different, less than what you ordered - but hey, you'll be okay with that.

    Again - admit it. You know you are in the wrong here, and you want to try and take advantage. That's fine, just call it what it is. There are advertising mistakes all the time. Probably in every issue of the newspaper. They don't need to be honored. Mistakes happen.
  17. #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyvsp View Post
    put it to you this way... if I see you drop a twenty on the street, I can either give it back or just take it. either way I'm well within my right to take advantage for YOUR MISTAKE.
    Perfect. You summed up my point exactly. Nice to know that you'd take the twenty....now that's being a real man! Or do you think only the people that MAKE the mistakes need to be real men?
  18. #198  
    My point is I am well within my right... to do as I please based on your mistake.

    OH... by the way... there are laws protecting consumers from these so-called advertising "mistakes"!

    Quote Originally Posted by quahtrader View Post
    Perfect. You summed up my point exactly. Nice to know that you'd take the twenty....now that's being a real man! Or do you think only the people that MAKE the mistakes need to be real men?
  19. #199  
    u 2 sound like little kids
  20. #200  
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyvsp View Post
    OH... by the way... there are laws protecting consumers from these so-called advertising "mistakes"!
    Did you bother to read the BB policies on their website? Probably not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Best Buy Policies from Website
    Errors on Our Site
    Prices and availability of products and services are subject to change without notice. Errors will be corrected where discovered, and Best Buy reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions including after an order has been submitted and whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, Best Buy will issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge. Individual bank policies will dictate when this amount is credited to your account. If you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, you may return it in accordance with Best Buy's Return Policy.
    Pay particular attention to the part I bolded for your pleasure.

    Now what say you?
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions