Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    I got a Pre a few days ago and am looking for a bluetooth headset that has good noise cancellation including wind noise. When I was looking for a BT headset for my 755p I think I tried about 6 or 7 until I found one that worked well and that was the original BlueAnt (not working any longer unfortunately). Any suggestions appreciated...I would like to buy from a local store since I have had to return so many of these in the past.
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    I picked up a BlueAnt Z9i today and it is working great. Good sound on both ends and I can be a good 20 feet from the phone without static.
    Quote Originally Posted by eharty View Post
    I picked up a BlueAnt Z9i today and it is working great. Good sound on both ends and I can be a good 20 feet from the phone without static.
    I got my Z9i today also and I have static if the Pre is more than 2 feet away. If I put it in my shirt pocket, I get static. This is the second bluetooth I've tried with the same results. I've been wondering if anyone else is having this issue and if I should take it back to try a new one.

Steve
    I'm having good results with my Plantronic Voyager Pro. It pairs beautifully and I can get decent voice quality even if the headset is 10 feet away or so. I tried it in my convertible today and it wasn't bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    I'm having good results with my Plantronic Voyager Pro. It pairs beautifully and I can get decent voice quality even if the headset is 10 feet away or so. I tried it in my convertible today and it wasn't bad.
    So took my Pre back to the store today. It was amazing, they actually tried to sell me a $120 headset (Blueant Q1). They then tried to pair a couple other BT and convince me that there was "less" static. Not that there was no static. I told them that if I have static at 2ft then the Pre is broke. They finally relented and gave me a new one (Screwing up the backup and restore so I had to reset everything by hand) In the end, I have a Pre that does NOT have the static. Why can't they just admit there are problems and take care of them. Trying to sell me more and not correcting the issue is not a great way to keep customers.

Steve
    Right, it does seem that some Pre's have faulty BT radios.